Feral druid dots doing more dmg than aff?

Ferals don't take "much longer" to ramp up than Affliction Locks do, and Affliction Lock DoT damage on secondary targets is pitiful due to Shadow Embrace stacking mechanic and the fact that Haunt is tied to one target by design.

People on these forums seem to love overstating things intentionally in the sneakiest manners possible.

Shadow Priests aren't AffLocks. Some people here seem a bit confused. They're not the same class/spec. Sorry.
Edited by Taikuri on 12/3/2010 2:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
Ferals don't take "much longer" to ramp up than Affliction Locks do,

just out of curiosity, how long do aff dots take to ramp up? i count 9 seconds for ferals without tiger's fury and 4 seconds with, assuming we open with pounce.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

just out of curiosity, how long do aff dots take to ramp up? i count 9 seconds for ferals without tiger's fury and 4 seconds with, assuming we open with pounce.

Assuming you have 100% crit chance and the target doesn't trinket+*ability* away. Then assume you're saving Berserk and Tiger's Fury is on CD; throw in a forced target switch. That all takes place *before* someone decides to CC you.

If you can't 5 combo-rip because PvP happened, you're losing 30%+ of your damage in a short fight. Feral can't always just pick-up where they left off, subtract +15% damage modifier from next rip.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman

Assuming you have 100% crit chance and the target doesn't trinket+*ability* away. Then assume you're saving Berserk and Tiger's Fury is on CD; throw in a forced target switch. That all takes place *before* someone decides to CC you.

If you can't 5 combo-rip because PvP happened, you're losing 30%+ of your damage in a short fight. Feral can't always just pick-up where they left off, subtract +15% damage modifier from next rip.

actually if you don't have tiger's fury, it will take 9 secs with a 33%~ crit chance, assuming one of shred, rake, or mangle crits. with tiger's fury, crit chance doesn't matter unless you get no crits, in which case an extra shred means one more second. if you get lucky and both rake and mangle crit, then you can do it in five seconds without tf.

but yeah it takes longer if you can get away or are cc'd.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
^all of that assumes full energy as well, which is not a given.

it's pretty much a case of not being able to multi dot, requiring melee range (even with our mobility, a large handicap), requiring CPs/energy (being short term mana limited), no haste scaling, having one fewer dot abilities to reliably apply.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
^all of that assumes full energy as well, which is not a given.

it's pretty much a case of not being able to multi dot, requiring melee range (even with our mobility, a large handicap), requiring CPs/energy (being short term mana limited), no haste scaling, having one fewer dot abilities to reliably apply.

although usually when i'm in stealth i also have full energy, in a fast paced fight that would be a valid concern.

and yeah all of that other stuff.
Edited by Nimbosa on 12/3/2010 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]