Instant cast reliance is not good for PvP

80 Orc Warlock
Casters were over the top OP in season 8. Blizzard had to so something to prevent that from happening again. Some specs like Feral and Ret were completely non-functional for the most part in season 8 because they just couldn't defend themselves against spell cleaves even in group play.

These incorrect statements annoy me. Casters were not "over the top OP" in S8. They were powerful and perhaps too powerful but certainly not "over the top OP". There were tons of great melee comps. Blizzard did not need to go to the extreme in the nerfs to casters that have since occurred. Combat rating deflation is all that was necessary. The only part of the statement which is accurate is that which concerns Feral. Rets on the other hand were able to compete.
Reply Quote
There were no good double melee comps in s8, while you could almost put any two casters + a healer together and it'd work.

+Most successful double melee teams with decent ratings were getting carried by a shadowmourne or two, which was so overpowered players would prefix the comp name with the weapon as it'd be a whole different thing to play against than the same comp w/out it.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
mages lost control in the transition from lk to cata thanks to no more dispel protection and a sheep that takes longer to cast than it does to dispel
Reply Quote
^All casters lost control due to this, to be fair. Even UA locks can't properly cover fear anymore because it breaks so easily from UA ticks alone.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AXE
12/04/2010 1:20 PMPosted by Buglamp
^All casters lost control due to this, to be fair. Even UA locks can't properly cover fear anymore because it breaks so easily from UA ticks alone.

If I cast roots while under a solar eclipse, it will break itself before it's full duration.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Death knights actually lost a great deal of gap closing ability because chains can no longer be spammed and it's only a 60% slow instead of a near immobilize for a few seconds. In fact, as frost chains of ice is a damn near useless ability. Death knights will probably end up being the most reliant of having a dispel bot attached to them at all times, thank god that dispel got handed out like candy.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
There were no good double melee comps in s8, while you could almost put any two casters + a healer together and it'd work.

+Most successful double melee teams with decent ratings were getting carried by a shadowmourne or two, which was so overpowered players would prefix the comp name with the weapon as it'd be a whole different thing to play against than the same comp w/out it.

I was more referring to melee/healer/x.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock

Hahaha yeah i hear you. I always find it hilarious when i read people saying ''good locks spam fear!''... those people honestly dont reallize what fear has become....

for the reccord, its 1.7 sec base cast and breaks on 1k damage. Aka its now a polymorph.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
CoI can also no longer be dispelled except by things that only remove movement impairing effects. Versus a mage for example, you can CoI and the mage will more than likely be stuck with it while your healer removes any and every attempt the mage puts out to snare or root you.

So really there is no reason to spam it other than hitting multiple targets.

Also, healer in rated pvp =/= dispel bot. That's like saying "zomg I'm so angry because in arena I need to have a heal bot on me!"
Reply Quote
12/04/2010 4:14 PMPosted by Stonedsoul

Hahaha yeah i hear you. I always find it hilarious when i read people saying ''good locks spam fear!''... those people honestly dont reallize what fear has become....

for the reccord, its 1.7 sec base cast and breaks on 1k damage. Aka its now a polymorph.

It still doesn't heal your target, so it's not a poly lol, that's taking it a bit too far. Not to say that poly doesn't have it's own advantages - mainly that fewer classes have breaks for it.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warlock
Probably worse than poly. Its a main school spell for aff, limited range and locks cant get a glyph of poly for fear.
Edited by Mallard on 12/4/2010 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
It still doesn't heal your target, so it's not a poly lol, that's taking it a bit too far. Not to say that poly doesn't have it's own advantages - mainly that fewer classes have breaks for it

It does, however, have a very annoying habbit of moving your target towards AoE active zones in PvP... Its like the damn sheep is jumping in the oven on its own :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
as a paladin, after the cleanse nerf I have little to no removals (i use "no" because all of these can be countered by a mage) for slows and roots/stuns. hand of freedom yea but only bad mages dont spellsteal that. trinket is a 2 min cd, i get a frostbolt thrown at me in 2-4 sec and instant freezes. bubble, 5 min cd. same applys for my warrior so mages are free to shoot away as they please.

ps: i want you in melee range as much as you want me out of melee range
Edited by Retbul on 12/7/2010 9:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/07/2010 9:33 PMPosted by Grux
12/07/2010 9:20 PMPosted by Retbul
as a paladin, after the cleanse nerf I have little to no removals (i use "no" because all of these can be countered by a mage) for slows and roots/stuns. hand of freedom yea but only bad mages dont spellsteal that. trinket is a 2 min cd, i get a frostbolt thrown at me in 2-4 sec and instant freezes. bubble, 5 min cd. same applys for my warrior so mages are free to shoot away as they please.

ps: i want you in melee range as much as you want me out of melee range

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85795

?

Ret pallies are only second to druids in ability to remove snares from themselves.

ya sorry bro i forgot to mention i pvp prot. ret is to weak to go by themselves, just like arms warriors without a healer. that talent is to far into the ret tree to spec in it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]