- Because I'm getting a lot of runic power from the talent "might of the frozen wastes" (auto attacks 45% chance for 10 more runic power) i get more frost strikes
- I get more frost strikes directly leads to getting more runic empowerment procs. (Gives me free runes that are fully depleted on a 45% chance per frost strike)
- And since Unholy Presence gives me 15% more attack speed i gain more runic power from might of the frozen wastes.
- Unholy Presence also reduces my Global Cool Downs to 1.0 instead of 1.5 (means i do more frost strikes quickly, which means faster runic empowerment procs)
- Unholy Presence also gives my runes a faster recharge anyways
Basically it translates to more dps in an off-spec presence. Might of the Frozen Wastes should not force you into unholy presence. Unless the reason for frosts talent "Improved Frost Presence" is to just carry it over into unholy.
Might of the Frozen Wastes should do 1 or 2 things for us to stay in frost presence.
1). Allow Frost to use 2 rune forges on a two-handed weapon.
and if this isn't enough of a dps increase to close the gap significantly
2). Your Obliterates having a chance to reduce the cool-down on Pillar of Frost by whatever seconds