World of Warcraft Repair

80 Dwarf Rogue
I cannot find any documentation on the file, World of Warcraft Repair. What does it do and when should I use it? Can someone explain what it fixes, or where I can find documentation?

Sorry if this is a duplicate question or thread, but you can't search specific forums, and at the moment the search function is broken, plus Blizzard has deleted the old forums from the old site.

Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
From what I understand, it checks your world of warcraft install integrity and attempts to fix any file corruption or missing file issues. It used to also have options to reset settings and the like, but when I ran it most recently those options seemed to be missing (and it did not change my settings).

You use it when you have an issue (like corrupt non-cache files) that you cannot resolve any other way save for doing a full reinstall of WoW.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Karock is correct.

Reason why the repair tool doesn't have options yet, is because it doesn't have a major patch to revert to yet, like in the Windows side use to with 3.x.

I believe Windows side doesn't have the revert/repair option yet as 4.0 is now a major starting platform. We may see these options come back in a future patch, like 4.1 or something.
Do you love Boomkins? Sure, we all do!
Wait I mean, take a moment to let me know how I am doing. http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
97 Draenei Mage
Old forums are still avaliable from forums.worldofwarcraft.com. Locked but still there :)

And yes Repair.app does pretty much what Karock says ... except for a couple of corrections

Firstly it needs an active internet connection. It needs to connect to the repair servers to find out what should be where and what checksums it should have ;)

If you don't have an active internet connection that you probably can't use it.

And missing files are streamed back in by the streaming launcher's repair on demand system.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Rogue
12/04/2010 8:38 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
Old forums are still avaliable from forums.worldofwarcraft.com. Locked but still there :)

Yep. Thanks for the URL. I'll bookmark it. The forum links on the old site redirect to the new forums however.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
How do i fix my world of warcraft ever time i click on it,start to upload then it stops saying my installing system is damaged and to repair it but i don't know were to go too repair it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
soo what do i do to fix this repair thing ?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]