Siege of Orgrimmar: Cross-realm Raids Enabled

100 Blood Elf Paladin
ONE
Sweet, so now people will be selling full Heroic SoO clears for real money, and buying carries from individual players.
Horrible decision to make Heroic involved in this, and after supporting everything else up to this point when seemingly no one else would, you have actually gone too far.

This better not apply to Mythic as well otherwise you have taken a fantastic concept and utterly stripped it in one fell swoop.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Didn't expect heroic too. Expecting lots of cross-server heroic selling now, but that's a niche thing, and if you're on a high pop you're probably booked for sales already. Will be fun to help out friends I normally don't get to with all my extra toons
Edited by Digerati on 3/18/2014 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Game Designer
03/18/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Intrinsc
This is a change very late into a tier, which leads me to believe that when WoD comes out this change won't be live and will still require guilds on the same server to tackle Mythic raiding.

Correct -- current-tier Mythic raiding in Warlords will still be limited to players from a single server. In the meantime, though, this change may help guilds that are trying to recruit and grow in preparation for Mythic raiding.

As for realm firsts, realm firsts are guild achievements; you need to be in a guild group, which is by definition 8/10 or 20/25 members coming from a single guild on a single server. You could theoretically have a couple of guests from a different server and still claim the realm first, but ultimately 80% of the group still has to be from the same guild.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Whoa! Thanks for the heads up blizz! TOTALLY appreciate it!

/sarcasm

Git ready for x-realm poaching kiddies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Is it intended for Heroic to be CRZ as well?
Seems like an odd design choice as it means a lot of players won't even need guilds anymore to complete the hardest content.

03/18/2014 01:05 PMPosted by Xiun
Whoa! Thanks for the heads up blizz! TOTALLY appreciate it!

/sarcasm

Git ready for x-realm poaching kiddies.

Shush you. You're trying to poach me. > >
Edited by Schwert on 3/18/2014 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
EDIT, beat me dang you watcher.
Edited by Omegal on 3/18/2014 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This is awesome. Now...if only I had friends that played Horde still...
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
Mythic Raiding next expac ofcourse this also comes out literally the day after i server cross
Reply Quote
Dave Chappelle approves.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Ooooo, I like this.
Reply Quote
Now if only Blizz would be nice enough to FIX US-Hyjal so we can cross realm ANYTHING.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
No I'm really curious as to why Blizzard decided to not say anything until just now? If you're going to make such a massive change like this, mind I dono... giving us a bit of a heads up? A fewe hours isn't enough.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Please get rid of the raid lockouts. I would love to bring my main to friends raid groups to help out, but my progression comes first.... Because I am a jerk.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
inb4: OMG, OQ N/H groups are so bad!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/18/2014 01:05 PMPosted by Watcher
03/18/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Intrinsc
This is a change very late into a tier, which leads me to believe that when WoD comes out this change won't be live and will still require guilds on the same server to tackle Mythic raiding.

Correct -- current-tier Mythic raiding in Warlords will still be limited to players from a single server. In the meantime, though, this change may help guilds that are trying to recruit and grow in preparation for Mythic raiding.

As for realm firsts, realm firsts are guild achievements; you need to be in a guild group, which is by definition 8/10 or 20/25 members coming from a single guild on a single server. You could theoretically have a couple of guests from a different server and still claim the realm first, but ultimately 80% of the group still has to be from the same guild.

Not able to use the Raid Browser?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
How does this effect loot?

Is it now the same as flex where everything is personal loot? What about guilds that are still clearing it every week in a full guild group on the same realm? Stuck with personal loot now?

Conversely, if it's not, does the ML just choose who gets the loot regardless of realm now? If I clear heroic on Tuesday, can I reclear on Wednesday with another group? Am I still eligible to be looted to by the raid leader?

Really confused...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Pretty much every 13/14H guild that had one retard screw pulls up is going to throw a fit about this.

Seriously, as Xiun said, let the poaching begin.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Just to reiterate something stated on Twitter recently, we have until 6.0 to get our War Wolves and CM rewards, at which point they will be made unobtainable (can buy more CM gear if you qualified). The Heroic Garrosh mount, however, will be obtainable at a 100% drop rate until WoD goes live.
Edited by Digerati on 3/18/2014 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/18/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Yiff
Pretty much every 13/14H guild that had one retard screw pulls up is going to throw a fit about this.

Seriously, as Xiun said, let the poaching begin.

Blame the poachers not the system.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]