Did The 20% HP Cap For CC Change?

85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm sorry if this was mentioned somewhere in beta as I don't remember seeing anything.

But did the 20% HP cap on Fear change at all?

Whenever I fear something in a instance (where its needed) I keep thinking that the fear will last until 20% of the mob's hp is removed so that it can be a little stun. But the fear seems to almost always just fall off immediately if the target is being attacked.

I noticed the same thing when mages or boomkins would root mobs and someone would hit them, it falls off immediately and i'm pretty sure the mob wasnt losing 20% of their hp when it happened.

I'm a bit confused as to how it works, it would be pretty sad if it breaks like Poly, etc.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Rogue
20% HP at 85 is a lot.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
They nerfed it with the Shattering. Obligatory-new-expac-fear-nerf.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Fear now breaks on like 1000 damage. A corruption tick breaks it. So broken.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Fear now breaks on like 1000 damage. A corruption tick breaks it. So broken.

This. But dont worry, someone will still QQ about it and it'll still get nerfed some more. Good thing warlocks have %@%# for mobility and active defenses because we were designed around controlling our opponent and self-healing right?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, they want glyphed fear (which is actually really awesome in cata PvE), hex, and roots to function as crowd control that doesn't instantly break if it gets hit by AE like sheep, but only lasts a second under focused attacks.
Edited by Slant on 12/3/2010 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Fear is now the blind of the warlock class, without a cooldown of course.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This is just an example of an issue that should be addressed with a ruleset for PvE and a different ruleset for PvP.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Hmm.. Well I can understand not wanting the 20% cap for pve reasons with the new fear/cower glyphs. But it would've been easier to just change the cap ON said glyphs.

As for 20% being too much at 85, it's all just a numbers thing, if 20% truly is too much tone it to 15% etc?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
It's been a raw number for a LONG time. The whole 20% myth has been around almost as long. You could have tested this out on trash in RS since they were all fearable and fear would still break on 1-3 corruption ticks which was nowhere near 20% of their hp.

Fear break had been about 2-7k damage pre 4.0
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]