Best spec for paladins

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am fairly newish to Wow. But it seems usually that not all paladin builds are as good as others. Right know I am a protection paladin. With Cataclysm coming out I have a great opportunity to gear up as something else. So my question is;

Do we think holy, protection, or retribution could be stronger than the other specs? Protection feels good to me right now and allows super fast queue times for dungeons, but the other specs are also appealing.

I thought maybe switching it up and being holy could be really fun. Just wanted the community's ideas on if any spec of the paladin could be considered a little over powered at the moment.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Warrior
What are you trying to do? Just do whatever you find fun. Nothing serious is really going on right now because cata comes out in 4 days. Try different specs, see what you like. There isn't any such thing as balance right now because everything has been rescaled to 85. So just go out and have a good time, see which playstyle suits you best.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am talking about Cataclysm. I think I am going to pick healing gear up in quests and then turn around and tank dungeons. To birds one 1 stone type of thing.

I want two geared specs in cata.
Edited by Laset on 12/3/2010 11:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Warrior
If you plan on raiding at endgame, regardless if you want to tank, heal or both, I'd probably still reccommend going prot. It makes you a lot more durable while questing and your df queue times will go a lot faster if you want to instance at all.

It is a lot harder to build up tanking gear for end game content than it is to get healing gear. While you're building up your tanking set for end game you can still roll on healing gear.

Taking the time to build up your tank gear first will allow you a lot more flexibility and, to be honest, opportunities to do raids and instances where you'll find decent healing gear. By splitting up your focus, you risk getting mediocre gear on both sides and winding up with a real disadvantage gear wise.

Remember that no matter the encounter, every encounter is pretty much a gear check for a tank.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]