Mage dps question

28 Orc Mage
So i've been tooling around with mage class to see if its what I am gonna roll w/ cata.. i usually start a new toon each major expansion.

i like the class MUCH more than back in the day when you had to drink after nearly every fight.

I've been looking thru the specs but am just not familiar with some of the higher tier spells.. what spec do mages usually use for raiding? i'm assuming the frost is for pvp and lvling up...

thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
You may do better checking out the mage forums for a question like this, but early simulations that Lhivera has posted indicate that all specs should ultimately be viable, with fire in the lead like it has been for every expansion. However, with all the balance knobs added as a result of the talent tree redesigns, it is quite possible that all specs will end up pretty close to one another.

In short: play what you like. Unless you end up in a hardcore, min/max guild, it shouldn't matter which spec you play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]