hey prot pallys

90 Orc Rogue
is this guy good? check his profs and let me know

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/terenas/Tomcat/simple
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What do his professions have to do with whether or not he is any good?

For is ilvl, his haste is a bit low, but he's reforging into mastery. Since he's doing heroic progression, that seems logical.

I see nothing wrong here.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Reforging into mastery is normal and has nothing to do with with being into Heroics. Remember that if a piece already has Haste, you cannot reforge into more Haste on that piece. The guy has low Haste for his ilvl because of the tank cloak, his less than stellar rings and his double Stam trinkets.

I think the OP was referring to the fact the guy doesn't have maxed out professions. Though why that means anything or not is beyond me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Professions and racials aren't game-breaking, more at 11.

Mining would give him a tiny stamina boost when we're already sporting over 1 Million Health.

Jewelcrafting would net him about another 480 haste, which would be nice, but hardly a critical issue.
Edited by Jirek on 3/24/2014 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Can't tell if serious...
Edited by Sinfail on 3/26/2014 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
He needs a better weapon and rings, that would put his haste about where mine is or more. I like his trinket and talent choices.

When you can't get TTT to drop, those are the best options. And yes OP his professions aren't maxed.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
Idk, looking at his logs i'd be slightly worried that a 25H raider with 578 ilvl is parsing with ~ same dps as < 570 tank in 10 man.
03/26/2014 07:43 AMPosted by Pröcess
When you can't get TTT to drop, those are the best options. And yes OP his professions aren't maxed.

no.spark.
Edited by Liminara on 3/26/2014 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Idk, looking at his logs i'd be slightly worried that a 25H raider with 578 ilvl is parsing with ~ same dps as < 570 tank in 10 man.
03/26/2014 07:43 AMPosted by Pröcess

no.spark.

I would disagree. 3500 Stam and 40% AoE damage reduction is vastly superior to spark IMO. I can think of 9/14 fights in SoO where AoE attacks are our greatest sources of damage, several of those 9 are tank specific aoe mechanics. Such as Immerseus, Protectors, Jugg, Malk if solo soaking, and Thok. That doesn't decrease it's value in other AoE heavy fights either.
Edited by Pröcess on 3/26/2014 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I don't use Rook's, the reduction just isn't needed. I use it on Malk and for Thok, even though it works on more than that.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Pröcess
I would disagree. 3500 Stam and 40% AoE damage reduction is vastly superior to spark IMO. I can think of 9/14 fights in SoO where AoE attacks are our greatest sources of damage, several of those 9 are tank specific aoe mechanics. Such as Immerseus, Protectors, Jugg, Malk if solo soaking, and Thok. That doesn't decrease it's value in other AoE heavy fights either.

That's great, except you still don't need it. If you die, it's because you !@#$ed up (aka trinket won't fix it), it isn't required at any point, and it doesn't help you with dps.
Immerseus - is a joke, because you have DP for every corrupted, and you shouldn't be getting 2 stacks anyway (the only time when you might benefit from rooks).
Protectors - cleave attack tickles and far from main source of dmg (plus shouldn't kill you)
Jugg - Unless you're going above 6 stacks, you don't need it as you can cd for +- every vent.
Malk - Still don't need it, as you can easily solo soak w/o it, and again, not main source of dmg.
Thok - less dangerous than auto's if going for high stacks in p1, all other phases are +- irrelevant in terms of tank dmg.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/26/2014 09:35 AMPosted by Pröcess

That's great, except you still don't need it. If you die, it's because you !@#$ed up (aka trinket won't fix it.

A 40% reduction to damage WILL fix it. Absolutely. I'd rather have 3500 stam and a CD on par with GoAK than a 3.9% increase in haste.

TTT is a different story.

I don't NEED GoAK or Arden Defender, does that mean they aren't incredibly powerful defensive tools? No. The value of 3.9% haste is negligible in comparison to what you get from a heroic talisman.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
03/26/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Pröcess
A 40% reduction to damage WILL fix it. Absolutely. I'd rather have 3500 stam and a CD on par with GoAK than a 3.9% increase in haste.

TTT is a different story.

I don't NEED GoAK or Arden Defender, does that mean they aren't incredibly powerful defensive tools? No. The value of 3.9% haste is negligible in comparison to what you get from a heroic talisman.

The trinket has 1.5min cd, none of the abilities that you mention are on 1.5min cd, so... yea....
And this is far more inferior than GoAK because it only affects a fraction of our dmg intake. (Vengeful is ~10% of total dmg taken on protectors (even if you select a 10 sec segment which starts from taking dmg from strikes, it still only makes up 35% of total dmg taken)
And the difference is that you're not giving anything up for GoAK or AD unlike rook.
Edited by Liminara on 3/26/2014 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I'm not a huge fan of Vial or Rooks.

I've not been in a place where the CD reduction on Vial has made a huge difference so far.

As far as Rooks, I tank 25 man heroics. So we get a Monk to do our Malk.

We just started banging our head against Thok,

I rock my HTF Spark and normal TTT. Has worked great for me so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]