WoD Alpha / Beta

58 Blood Elf Death Knight
I know Alpha is going on, but damn, they need to put out invites really soon.

I've been stuck within off and on Alpha/Beta cycles of a few games, it's either test those or play MoP which there is not much else to do. I really dont care if it alpha or beta or omega or anything in between. I wish I could be on there testing to help on a game I like to play, rather than playing other games that I may not be as willing to play but am "supposed to be". NDA of those games is implied except for ESO since they dropped the NDA :).
Edited by Elfprincess on 3/22/2014 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Public testing will be available when it's ready.

There's no point in having the public see, test, and form an opinion on something they already know is a hot mess.
Reply Quote
You are not allowed to form an opinion of or do anything likewise while under an NDA btw.

Doing such is an easy way to get you blacklisted from other major game developers giving you alpha or beta access.

I'd really like to see them NOT do a public beta release like last year, it was a mess with all the people not knowing what a BETA is or what they are even supposed to be doing there.
Edited by Elfprincess on 3/22/2014 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
03/22/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Elfprincess
You are not allowed to form an opinion of or do anything likewise while under an NDA btw.

Actually, you are allowed to form an opinion while under a NDA. You just can't share that opinion anywhere except directly to the holder of the NDA.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
theyre releasing it after ESO releases so people that preordered ESO dont get butthurt

also, once people see how bad ESO is theyll crawl back to blizzard

April 11-20 or something

Credit to Heelvsbabyface:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yZ_3Gz4f-8&list=UU_zmPqauxanOAGszXfdipEA&feature=share&index=1
Reply Quote
You can state something might not be working as intended but is that considered an opinion? An opinion IMO is saying this game sucks and isn't worth it. If something isn't working correctly mechanically it would be questioning a fact as a fact can be proven.

I figured it would be out a little after ESO drops maybe 3-4 weeks. I thought though they we're trying to avoid the Dragon Soul issue though (Having a raid out for 6 months)? I don't know maybe I'm just crazy?

Many people are WELL tired of SoO.
Edited by Elfprincess on 3/22/2014 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
03/22/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Elfprincess

You can form an opinion. It's not something someone can legally bar you from doing since it's not really something you can stop yourself from doing (PRINTING or SPEAKING said opinion is different).

If someone sees a hot mess, they're going to go "wow, this is a hit mess" and form a most likely negative first impression of the work that Blizzard will then have to actively overcome from that point on.

From a sales point of view, it makes sense to make sure that the players can still have an overall good impression of the content even though their shiny new ax cuts through their leg when they walk. Yes, they're there to test, but the public testers will also most likely be buying the game... unless the testing turns them off to it.

There are definitely very good reasons to wait until content is "public-ready" before allowing the public to see it.

03/22/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Elfprincess
An opinion IMO is saying this game sucks and isn't worth it.

You are allowed to THINK that under an NDA, you just can't SAY or WRITE it. And again, these testers are potential customers so you don't want your testing to be so unpleasant it makes them former customers.
Edited by Hippeaux on 3/22/2014 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I personally don't think BETAs should be public until really late, that's why they have closed alphas (currently going on) and closed Betas. I know Ghostcrawler left, maybe that's why things are they way they are... I feel by them waiting they are going to shoot themselves in the foot in the long run (like Dragon Soul).

BTW: When I say Closed Beta... I mean by invite or selective invite (how they do closed alpha or Friends & Family as they call it).
Edited by Elfprincess on 3/22/2014 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
03/22/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Elfprincess
I personally don't think BETAs should be public until really late, that's why they have closed alphas (currently going on) and closed Betas. I know Ghostcrawler left, maybe that's why things are they way they are... I feel by them waiting they are going to shoot themselves in the foot in the long run (like Dragon Soul).

WoW's beta has a couple of purposes. One is simply to put the client on as many machines as possible because there are so many variations on what a PC is.

Another is simple load testing. Put as many people in a zone as you feel it can handle.

These are things that are made a lot easier by public testing. They'll likely never make it fully open again like the original open beta. There's simply too many of us to fit on a couple of realms.

It'll be here.

Soon-ish.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
03/22/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Elfprincess
Many people are WELL tired of SoO.

SoO is a different story, almost everyone and their mother cleared Dragon Soul then were stuck on farm.

I'm not saying people aren't stuck on farm for endless months, but the majority of the playerbase is still progressing.
Reply Quote
IDK, many guilds are over 1/2 cleared on heroic. The whole cross server normal heroic was nice except the didn't make it flexible which is a bad move IMO on Blizzard's half. They didn't put out Mythic raiding to keep the hardcore guilds together and your 14/14H guilds are losing some of their core people as to "We killed him on Heroic" /unsub. As far as ESO, they could just push it back a month and screw Blizzard over in that place too.

My main is halfway through Heroic SoO, even now people are quitting. If you have a solid game ESO would barely dent WoW's subs (let's be honest, after Ghostcrawler left the subs actually increased.) That doesn't bear my opinion on him either.

I still strongly feel Normal/Heroic cross Server SoO without 10-25 Flex implemented was a mistake.
They want people to recruit to future test Mythic raiding but without the flexibility to do 10 through 25man, are you going to bench 8 people running an 18man group through 10man? It doesn't make sense to me.
Edited by Elfprincess on 3/22/2014 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
03/22/2014 12:12 PMPosted by Pryze
'm not saying people aren't stuck on farm for endless months, but the majority of the playerbase is still progressing.

Nobody is still "progressing" at this point. If you mean the majority of players aren't finished that's a totally different matter.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
I might do Flex eventually but as a true casual I don't see the need to do normal and heroic versions of the same raids over and over again. Maybe I'm crazy, but not my idea of fun any more than doing the same repeating daily quests are, or frickin' Nat Pagle rep is.
Reply Quote
I also feel that they need to bring back more vanilla feel aside from Mythic raiding.

I would like Heroic dungeons to be 10man randoms and like to get a formula to snapshot the players Item Level and adjust the mobs an bosses accordingly.

I remember when UBRS was 10man, and you know that was a damn tough dungeon.... having hunters kite the General's two adds. The Dungeons MADE you do things you were supposed to do in raids. They MADE you learn your TOON, guilds were epic back in vanilla.

^ then again I was a vanilla raider, so I have different opinions than possibly the majority of the player base... doing every boss except C'thun as current content.
Edited by Elfprincess on 3/22/2014 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This forum isn't really evidence of the playerbase.

@Nop: Well it's more harder so yes I'd say you're crazy IMO

I also feel that they need to bring back more vanilla feel aside from Mythic raiding.

I would like Heroic dungeons to be 10man randoms and like to get a formula to snapshot the players Item Level and adjust the mobs an bosses accordingly.

I remember when UBRS was 10man, and you know that was a damn tough dungeon.... having hunters kite the General's two adds. The Dungeons MADE you do things you were supposed to do in raids. They MADE you learn your TOON, guilds were epic back in vanilla.

Enough with the Vanilla crap. ITS GONE, That feeling is gone!
Edited by Lightsongg on 3/22/2014 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
03/22/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Elfprincess
they need to bring back more vanilla feel

Stop right there.

Almost all of that "feel" came from the newness of the game, not the content itself. There's no bringing that back. The game isn't new anymore.
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Hippeaux
03/22/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Elfprincess
they need to bring back more vanilla feel

Stop right there.

Almost all of that "feel" came from the newness of the game, not the content itself. There's no bringing that back. The game isn't new anymore.

That's why the game is suffering, people don't know how to play their classes or toons at all... you think the Level 90 boost will make this better? NO.

Flex raid is for the casuals... I get that, L100 Normal dungeons are for the casuals that want to stay within Normal Dungeons -> flex -> Heroic dungeons.

For the love of god though people need a challenge sometime too.

People that want to be given an easy relaxing time can have their way, but they need harder and challenging content for the people who want to be challenged.
Edited by Elfprincess on 3/22/2014 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
03/22/2014 12:32 PMPosted by Elfprincess
That's why the game is suffering, people don't know how to play their classes or toons at all... you think the Level 90 boost will make this better? NO.

This has nothing to do with the fact that the game isn't new and doesn't feel new.

Also, you're derailing your own thread. Please collect your thoughts and make a separate thread if you need to discuss additional topics.
Edited by Hippeaux on 3/22/2014 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Hippz is right
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]