Healing Addons and You 101 - Guide

100 Night Elf Priest
You should recommend a HuD as well it keeps your eyes off the bottom/left/right/top of your screen where your target is. I use IceHud and i also use it as a "i will start healing the tank when he drops below this line" thing to
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
a note to mention mouseover macros + grid also ='s no click casting

gtfo is an addon that helps when things get hectic - some purists might balk at the idea of an addon barking at you when the floor turns to flame but anything that helps my reaction times is good in my books

/bump

I also wanted to throw in my recommendation of GTFO. Getting an audio warning to move is particularly good while healing - leaves me free to concentrate on my raid frames during times of heavy damage.

GTFO also helps a lot when dealing with bad stuff that doesn't show well or properly on the screen =).
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
Both IceHud and GTFO have been added to the Player Recommendation list.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
12/23/2010 12:13 AMPosted by Callimari
I love Blizz's raid frames :o

There's nothing technically wrong with Blizzard's raid frames per se. I just prefer a different addon to replace that; I feel like Grid does an excellent job giving a lot of customization while being simple to use. Not only that but you can make it look like practically (No pun intended) anything you want.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Warlock
On my druid i would love to use Grid or vuhdo but im un able to do so with my mouse raza naga mouse any way to make them work together?
Edited by Driftedpanic on 12/23/2010 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Draenei Paladin
12/23/2010 1:48 PMPosted by Driftedpanic
On my druid i would love to use Grid or vuhdo but im un able to do so with my mouse raza naga mouse any way to make them work together?

I actually was able to make mine work. If you're using the program for that mouse -- don't.

Use Clique as well.

Also, /bump because this is my thread :D

<-Is Practical.
Edited by Lapelle on 1/8/2011 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
This toon has been my "soloing only" toon for years. I'm starting to heal now, and can't thank you enough for this and your pally healing basics guide. Much appreciated!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Any paladin have an Addon to help me notice every proc of Infusion of Light and Daybreak?

With all the things healers have to constantly watch, it'd really help if there was a mod to make a sound or make the buff bigger.

- Thanks
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2010 5:44 AMPosted by Thaliff
Also xperl for unit frames. My UI is cluttered but works for me.

I agree with this. I love my xperl and it may not be for everyone, but there still isn't anything that can replace it for me even with it being so long since the last update.

Default raid frames are getting pretty sexy too, but their handling of debuffs just isn't acceptable.

01/04/2011 7:59 AMPosted by Xaiti
Any paladin have an Addon to help me notice every proc of Infusion of Light and Daybreak?

With all the things healers have to constantly watch, it'd really help if there was a mod to make a sound or make the buff bigger.

- Thanks

Use Power Auras Classic. I didn't worry about Daybreak since it's already pretty obvious, but I did set it up to alert me when Infusion of Light was up, Holy Shock was on cool down, Divine Plea was on, and when Wings were popped all with their own handy little animated graphics. Sound options are also available.

Here is all the above up at once http://i.imgur.com/hQlbR.jpg
Edited by Holycow on 1/4/2011 8:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Sounds very good. The only thing is VuhDo doesn't require Clique as it starts with its own version, but it can be run with Clique if the user wants it to be. And for an addon that I think any player would benefit from having, OmniCC. Yay numbers on my buttonz! :D
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Up top!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I personally think blizzards frames are a step in the right direction. All they need are some grid-like plug-ins to enhance them. Simple things like debuff icon sizes, text size orientation, alpha control for range. Assuming of course there aren't any of these in the works already...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/22/2010 11:17 AMPosted by Antamune
You should recommend a HuD as well it keeps your eyes off the bottom/left/right/top of your screen where your target is. I use IceHud and i also use it as a "i will start healing the tank when he drops below this line" thing to

Way back when, I used MetaHud, but it failed to be updated for a long time, so I switched to IceHud as well, and I couldn't agree more with you. It's a must have for me, and I encourage more people to try this. It's highly configurable and makes it easy to keep track of your health and mana.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Great guide.

Another add-on I've enjoyed in the fast-paced, high movement fights is Can't Heal You.

wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/cant-heal-you.aspx

This add-on will whisper players who are out of range or not in line of sight for buffs, dispells or heals. It works with mouseovers or directly targeting. The only issue I've had is in some random dungeon finder groups. Sometimes the add-on fails to whisper or cannot whisper to off-server players in the group.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/06/2011 11:00 AMPosted by Viparious
Great guide.

Another add-on I've enjoyed in the fast-paced, high movement fights is Can't Heal You.

wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/cant-heal-you.aspx

This add-on will whisper players who are out of range or not in line of sight for buffs, dispells or heals. It works with mouseovers or directly targeting. The only issue I've had is in some random dungeon finder groups. Sometimes the add-on fails to whisper or cannot whisper to off-server players in the group.

This are probably one of my favorite addons, and will be added to the Player Recommended list.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I so just bookmarked this, thankyou so much =D
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How do you all feel about the addon 'Fatality?'

It's an addon that tells in party/raid what was the last thing that killed them. IMO it's really good especially when someone says "BUT WUT KILLED ME."

Also, I think with the relevancy of topics today I think this thread is worth a sticky :p
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Great post man

I just got a question for you guys, not sure if it has been answered yet, but oh well. I use healbot and I am interested in getting Grid + Clique as I see many players use it and prefer it over healbot. But just wondering can you set it up like (left click + shift) and (middle button + control) to do spells or can it only be set mouse buttons to cast spells. Hopefully that makes sense.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/07/2011 10:45 PMPosted by Valtherias
Great post man

I just got a question for you guys, not sure if it has been answered yet, but oh well. I use healbot and I am interested in getting Grid + Clique as I see many players use it and prefer it over healbot. But just wondering can you set it up like (left click + shift) and (middle button + control) to do spells or can it only be set mouse buttons to cast spells. Hopefully that makes sense.

Of course you can. Before I got my Razer Naga I had lots of things spell bound to Shift+Right/Left/Middle click!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]