Healing Addons and You 101 - Guide

88 Blood Elf Paladin
01/07/2011 11:01 PMPosted by Practical
Great post man

I just got a question for you guys, not sure if it has been answered yet, but oh well. I use healbot and I am interested in getting Grid + Clique as I see many players use it and prefer it over healbot. But just wondering can you set it up like (left click + shift) and (middle button + control) to do spells or can it only be set mouse buttons to cast spells. Hopefully that makes sense.

Of course you can. Before I got my Razer Naga I had lots of things spell bound to Shift+Right/Left/Middle click!

Thanks man, I'll switch when I am bothered to configure it :p
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
01/07/2011 9:49 PMPosted by Practical
How do you all feel about the addon 'Fatality?'

It's an addon that tells in party/raid what was the last thing that killed them. IMO it's really good especially when someone says "BUT WUT KILLED ME."

Haven't tried this add-on, but it sounds helpful.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Does anyone know of a good add-on to give the default raid frames better debuff displays? I'm tempted to start working with the default frames, but the tiny debuffs make it impractical for fights when I need to cleanse. And let's face it, Decursive has been crap since it got scrapped in Vanilla.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
IMO the single most important addon for a healer to have is one that lets you click-cast. Having to manually target slows down your reaction speed a LOT, no matter how fast you are, and for the vast majority of people is downright annoying.

Most raid frame mods let you do this, and Clique will let you do it with the default frames, but one way or another it's functionality you pretty have to have (for sanity's sake if nothing else).
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2011 7:13 AMPosted by Viparious
How do you all feel about the addon 'Fatality?'

It's an addon that tells in party/raid what was the last thing that killed them. IMO it's really good especially when someone says "BUT WUT KILLED ME."

Haven't tried this add-on, but it sounds helpful.

Using it now -- it's boss. Adding it to the list.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Up top for you guys.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
nice thread
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Thanks for this. Voted for sticky.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2011 1:01 AMPosted by Surexxi
Thanks for this. Voted for sticky.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
lollllll
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2011 6:07 AMPosted by Dozekar
lollllll

May I ask what's to Lol about?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You may want to add a few announce mods.
These are for announcing your cds, like GS or PS, fear ward, or for example, when you set down lightwell. These are obviously priest examples but every class will have something:
RSA, SpeakinSpell, WakeSpams, Castyeller2 are some of the popular choices.

You also may want a macro section. So much of healing is centered around proper healing macros. Something simple like the basic setup of a healing macro eg.

/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][help, nodead][@player] SpellName

with variations to this depending on individual preferences.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This is probably the wrong place to ask but this IS about addons...

In TB people constantly leave the raid during the battle which makes healing them extremely hard as nameplates overlap, anyways, is there an addon that organizes the nameplates into a raid frame format so I can heal player that arent in my group as if they were? (Im not talking about WG healing them but more seeing them in a unit frame.)

Also, can anyone link a guide or something for oUF, I have been switching from Grid for a while and am interested in making my own frames.

Thanks, I love the guide.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
In TB people constantly leave the raid during the battle which makes healing them extremely hard as nameplates overlap, anyways, is there an addon that organizes the nameplates into a raid frame format so I can heal player that arent in my group as if they were? (Im not talking about WG healing them but more seeing them in a unit frame.

Blizzard specifically made it impossible to do this for various reasons, so no, there's no addon for it.
Edited by Sedivy on 4/17/2011 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Dwarf Paladin
This is a great guide and deserves to be bumped for great justice!

Everyone request a sticky!

Aw, thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Requested for sticky. <3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2010 10:46 AMPosted by Ehcks
I healed TBC 25-mans without any addons, and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

The question has to be asked.

If Healing Raids Requires you to have addons then why doesn't Blizzard make them addons standard in the game for Healers.

Why isn't Blizzard providing healers with the effective tools to heal.

As i see it, the situation has developed like this. The more capable addons have become in helping healers heal, the more demands blizzard has put on healers. The thinking goes well they all use these addons so we got to make the instance a challenge for their groups so we will make the instances harder to compensate for the addons they use.

You know where this all ends. It becomes MANDATORY for healers to have all the addons otherwise they have no hope of ever enjoying the higher level end of the game experiences.

But again why should we have to go and get this addon and that addon and fill out screens up with boxes and bars and graphs and get information overload when things would be far more simple and less hectic if we just healed with the tools that blizzard provided for us with the basic program that came in the Box.

If something becomes Required then it should be provided by Blizzard as a standard part of the game, and if an addon gives unfair advantage then blizzard should see to it that it cannot be used.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I healed TBC 25-mans without any addons, and I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

The question has to be asked.

If Healing Raids Requires you to have addons then why doesn't Blizzard make them addons standard in the game for Healers.

Why isn't Blizzard providing healers with the effective tools to heal.

because it's better for blizz to program strong developer tools, rather than program for every persons tastes in the game... they've pretty much stated this. They provide the basic, and make it easy for everyone to customize what they want...

Thats why. Not using addons when they can improve your game is dumb..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]