Mage/Lock/Druid

82 Blood Elf Paladin
between fear polymorph and cyclone wouldnt this comp be able to keep someone out of the fight for as long as they wanted to?
the way the timers work using all three you shouldnt have to worry about diminishing returns and thats including them trinketing the first type of cc.
what would stop this team from keeping a healer out of the fight and just destroying the dps?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
The other team.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2010 12:33 PMPosted by Flutes
The other team.

^

Oh, and resto druids suck right now. HoTs get insta-dispelled by priests/shamans/mages, and cyclone is only a 20 yard range. The druid is most likely not going to be able to get within 20 yards of the target without getting switched on.

Thats just what I found to be the case on the beta.
Edited by Slowhare on 12/4/2010 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
well as long as two players are out of cc then the cc that those two can use adds up to greater than 15 seconds. so as long as two players are always active they should be able to have someone constantly cced especially with haste and heroism taken into account.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
But that is assuming that the opposing players are not interrupting/popping cooldowns to avoid CCs. Theoretically you're right, but in practice it's not quite as strong as you think.

If resto druids were strong, then infinite CC chains my be more of a problem.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2010 1:12 PMPosted by Slowhare

Oh, and resto druids suck right now. HoTs get insta-dispelled by priests/shamans/mages, and cyclone is only a 20 yard range. The druid is most likely not going to be able to get within 20 yards of the target without getting switched on.
Thats just what I found to be the case on the beta.

hmm i didn't realize that the HoTs were being dispelled. that does suck. Thanks for that info
thanks for your input slowhare. i havent done many arenas so i have very little experience. just trying to see what might be viable
Edited by Narukin on 12/4/2010 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
You are very welcome :)

MLD will be viable, and I will most likely play it on my druid come season 9. It's just no where near as strong as it was in season 7/8.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Resto druids are not as bad as people make them out to be though so don't go into the game thinking they're terrible resto druids have always been viable. MLD will work survivability from both classes are good but slowhare is right it wont be as good as 7/8, but it wont be terrible still 2.2k+ viable easily
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
im kinda scared of dispel spams on heals though. its kind of a scary though
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2010 2:10 PMPosted by Narukin
im kinda scared of dispel spams on heals though. its kind of a scary though

Dispel spamming is the only major problem that druids are having at the moment. Without any dispel protection our HoTs are easily ripped of in seconds, and since the Bloom effect on lifebloom when it's dispelled is so miniscule, there is no consequence to spamming dispels - not even the mana cost.

Other than that, druids aren't too bad. We can be pollied now, but we have the option to preshift pollies to become immune.

I believe that a change to Lifebloom is in order but I'm not sure what the balance issues surrounding that may be. Maybe, increase the bloom effect when Lifebloom is dispelled.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
12/04/2010 11:46 AMPosted by Narukin
between fear polymorph and cyclone wouldnt this comp be able to keep someone out of the fight for as long as they wanted to?
the way the timers work using all three you shouldnt have to worry about diminishing returns and thats including them trinketing the first type of cc.
what would stop this team from keeping a healer out of the fight and just destroying the dps?

Cyclone, fear, and polymorph all have cast times. /thread.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2010 5:08 PMPosted by Sepulchura
12/04/2010 11:46 AMPosted by Narukin

Cyclone, fear, and polymorph all have cast times. /thread.

so what youre telling me is you dont know how to time casts? how productive you are =]
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Don't forget spellsteal, haha. Please don't remove our offensive dispel and Decursing ability, it's like we're a healer, just need 1 more effect like remove diseases for those rogues when our Iceblock, Frost Nova, Ice Barrier, Cone of Cold, Pet Freeze, Blink, Trinket, Mana Shield are all on CD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]