Pally Holy dps Tops Charts?!

80 Troll Shaman
So i've been running randoms as a healer watching the dps and been seeing alot of holy dps spamming exorcism on bosses and mobs and pulling up to 11k dps? Man this just blows my mind, ive seen this about 10 differnet times and there always on top..... Blizz just made pallys easy mode!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Haven't they always been easy mode?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
you trollin?

If youre not then here's my answer.

Cata is 3 days away. mechanics in the game for every class dont make sense. blizz is preparing us for cata. there won't be any holy paladins topping charts in cata dont worry about that.

imo this is just another thread complaining about something that blizz doesnt care about because it will balance in cata.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
no not trolling just saying that it blows me mind!! =)
Reply Quote
27 Undead Rogue
12/04/2010 4:08 PMPosted by Ashunera
Haven't they always been easy mode?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Likely to change in Cata. If not though, why is it bad? If we can make a showing on damage meters and we queue as DPS it really shouldn't affect you. In fact, if you die or get CC'd in an instance they can heal while you recover...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There is no way you're seeing 11k dps

Zero, no, not happening.

Our dps is +/- on par with other healers.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Iv seen a holy kill a pvp geared ret within the stun time of HoJ... i don't doubt the deeps your seeing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
With the right talents, a holy pally can pull pretty sweet dps on certain stand still heroic fights. It wouldn't really be viable in any major tests because it just wasn't meant for it, but for short fights it can be pretty amazing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/04/2010 5:47 PMPosted by Aknuar
With the right talents, a holy pally can pull pretty sweet dps on certain stand still heroic fights. It wouldn't really be viable in any major tests because it just wasn't meant for it, but for short fights it can be pretty amazing.

The right talents (i.e. ones that a hpal wouldn't usually pick-up) are 20% damage to exor and HS. That's all really.

It's possible that a hpal could do competitive damage in a 5 man since exor spam requires no set-up. Then again a disc priest spamming smite would be doing the same thing - so long as they didn't spend the globals to put up their dots they'd be trumping dps who are forced into ramp-up times due to their mechanics.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
No, no mistake hes one is in my guild doing it now and hes pulling same or round about same deeps as i said earlier no joke.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I somehow highly doubt this.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy paladin damage is pretty high right now, easily the highest of the healers. I do the very thing you're talking about on this alt in randoms and I can usually out-dps most of badge-geared alts and people who don't try/aren't very good, while doing the laughable amount of healing needed to complete the dungeons.

I suspect they will increase the cast time of Exorcism by .5-1 second to bring it more in line with Smite, and possibly roll more of the damage into Holy Shock since right now you can pretty much just spam Exorcism for around 4.5k damage at a .9 second cast, and part of the reason you can do that is if you don't use Holy Shock you always have an instant heal 'in the chamber' so if someone suddenly needs healing you can just HS/WOG in the middle of spammin exo and spend more of your time being offensive.

Something slightly inflating this too is most of the WOTLK dungeons are undead-heavy, and Exorcism still has a 100% crit chance versus Undead and Demons, I imagine this will be brought down to +10% or 20% for flavor.

And lastly, you did not see 11k unless you're talking ICC trash with the 30% buff, however about 7k is possible on Undead WOTLK heroic bosses if you have to spend 1 GCD to heal, mostly because of the following things:

Divine Favor, 20% haste and 20% crit for 20 seconds
Avenging Wrath - 20% damage for 20 seconds
Clickable DPS trinket
Those two cooldowns stack together and let you spam powered-up exorcisms and raises your damage very high off the baseline.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
Btw i dont have a problem with this i just thought this was funny. People dont need to be getting angry. =)
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
this person is not healing i am....
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2010 7:40 PMPosted by Kudia
12/04/2010 7:15 PMPosted by Atlaua
Btw i dont have a problem with this i just thought this was funny. People dont need to be getting angry. =)

But take screen shots or it didn't happen.

Calling out 11k dps is rather HUGE. Quite unbelievable.

So far the best I have seen since the patch was a holy pally pull 5k dps single target on ick (that guy in forge of souls). Blew my mind cause he almost beat me 6k dps although I was the tank so LOL at the fail dps that couldn't beat us.

I started doing heroics today on this alt and damn near came close to 5K with my poopy gear. I'm positive that with more spellpower I could hit much higher. But I just hit 80 today so I still have BOA things equipped, lol.

I don't think it's a big deal though because if you exo-spam a boss and blow wings and divine favor all at once, you go out of mana anyway and it's just a short time.

It's not like it's viable on someone with resilience in a pvp setting. At least from my point of view. The newb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]