Why are paladins the most played class?

6 Human Warlock
They seem to be far and away the most played class in the game. Why is that? Because of plate + healing? Easy PvE soloing? Concept?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
blame the flavor of the monther's. They will all be rolling frost mages and hopefully our population will drop to only good players.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Paladin
because my blind 97 yr old grandmother with alzheimers can play one since she found the win button.

Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2010 10:28 AMPosted by Mischiefqt
blame the flavor of the monther's. They will all be rolling frost mages and hopefully our population will drop to only good players.

Pallies and rogues have always been the most played, but since rogues can't buy a raid or guild invite, now pallies are alone as most played. When all these fail rets can't get into raids come Cata, that will fix it....a bit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
In the last weeks I havn't seen pallys outside sw dueling or in bg's at all.
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Paladin
Because we can heal while wearing plate.

It all dumbs down to survivability. No one likes to die. And Pallys do an exceptional job at the opposite.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ive seen more spriests and druids lately. Maybe now that mages = win, pallies will die down.
Reply Quote
6 Human Warlock
12/04/2010 10:47 AMPosted by Schoolbus

I was going by WOW Census numbers. And on my low level hunter (lvl 15), I see tons and tons of pallies in Warsong.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/04/2010 10:50 AMPosted by Caegar
Ive seen more spriests and druids lately. Maybe now that mages = win, pallies will die down.

Nah. Mages have always been = win and it hasn't changed their numbers much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A lot of it's concept. I know when I rolled my Paladin, I did it because I loved the lore backing them up - not to mention, there's an attraction at being a versatile, Jack of All Trades.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/04/2010 10:51 AMPosted by Netherwind
12/04/2010 10:47 AMPosted by Schoolbus

I was going by WOW Census numbers. And on my low level hunter (lvl 15), I see tons and tons of pallies in Warsong.

Pallys are the most op at that level, but I'm not too worried about that.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
12/04/2010 11:04 AMPosted by Jackishi
A lot of it's concept. I know when I rolled my Paladin, I did it because I loved the lore backing them up - not to mention, there's an attraction at being a versatile, Jack of All Trades.

If only they were a jack of all trades, this is why Blizz nurfed retadins. Time for pallies to learn some new skills, overdue IMO.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I picked it because I wanted to be a plate wearer, and didn't have DK unlocked.

I'm sticking with it because I don't feel like lvling more 80s. Idk how people do it.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Warrior
Basically http://cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/1180845162c11679lo2qbccf27504.jpg
They've been overpopulated pretty much since launch, like any game I should think it's obvious why - the easiest // most powerful classes attract the largest number of players. Toss in the fact that they have access to every archetype (healer/dps/tank, druids do as well but certain aspects make them less appealing to people on the whole) and suddenly you don't even need to have an alt.

Hell even I'm considering it for my return to WoW, the game mechanics are such that there are many reasons to choose paladin and unless you want to be ranged dps it seems there's not really any reason not to do so.
Edited by Rith on 12/4/2010 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2010 11:14 AMPosted by Rith

Hell even I'm considering it for my return to WoW, the game mechanics are such that there are many reasons to choose paladin and unless you want to be ranged dps it seems there's not really any reason not to do so.

What mechanics/reasons make it so appealing. And what makes druids not appealing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
we were the highest dps in ret before 4.0 but now were lower then crap

i was 10k dps now im 5k dps
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/04/2010 11:14 AMPosted by Rith
Basically http://cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/1180845162c11679lo2qbccf27504.jpg
They've been overpopulated pretty much since launch, like any game I should think it's obvious why - the easiest // most powerful classes attract the largest number of players. Toss in the fact that they have access to every archetype (healer/dps/tank, druids do as well but certain aspects make them less appealing to people on the whole) and suddenly you don't even need to have an alt.

Actually no they really haven't been, Hunters and Warriors were higher in numbers at Launch than Paladins were, also in BC when Horde had Paladins given hunters still were beating em. Was only in Wrath that Paladin numbers started to raise to the point they were Pre-4.0.1. As someone who played the class since Vanilla I can tell you that the biggest draw is what someone else mentioned, they can play all 3 main Arch types and before 4.0.1 dropped all 3 were relatively easy to play that anyone could be at least good at em.

With the drop in of Holy Power and the 4.0.1A changes I seriously see a drop in Paladin numbers to other classes.
Reply Quote
12/04/2010 11:46 AMPosted by Brocksamsn
Can Tank, DPS, or Heal.
Wears Plate.
Knight in Shining Armor.
Cecil of FFIV. That's the reason I rolled Paladin when I came aboard in TBC.

Cecil is BA, but I still love Beatrix. She was my original inspiration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]