Why are paladins the most played class?

81 Human Paladin
Because of the idiot meter.

Most think if they aren't out damaging everyone by 50% Blizzard should buff them and nerf everyone else.

I always laugh when DPS cry about tank damage. In H HoR I pull insane damage. Tons of adds that live a bit. Great combo for a Pally to do AoE damage.

But I'm with the one poster. Tank DPS should be about nothing. Threat should be all they do but of course live. You want to do DPS then spec DPS. Tanks should do none. All skills should be threat skills not damage skills. SoTR should be threat and insane threat not insane damage and threat.

Yes have it show up on the screen as CS hits target for 8K threat! This gives the Pally's something to watch as they stare at a Boss's butt for 15 mins.

Have threat crit. It can do whatever DPS can do but damage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Some people, like myself, have a sentimental attachment to the class. The first RPG class I ever played was a Paladin in Baldur's Gate II and since then have always rolled something similar...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 7:08 AMPosted by Carah
Because of the idiot meter.

Most think if they aren't out damaging everyone by 50% Blizzard should buff them and nerf everyone else.

I always laugh when DPS cry about tank damage. In H HoR I pull insane damage. Tons of adds that live a bit. Great combo for a Pally to do AoE damage.

But I'm with the one poster. Tank DPS should be about nothing. Threat should be all they do but of course live. You want to do DPS then spec DPS. Tanks should do none. All skills should be threat skills not damage skills. SoTR should be threat and insane threat not insane damage and threat.

Yes have it show up on the screen as CS hits target for 8K threat! This gives the Pally's something to watch as they stare at a Boss's butt for 15 mins.

Have threat crit. It can do whatever DPS can do but damage.

I don't see what this post has anything do with the thread topic.

But in response, Tanks have only done decent damage in WOTLK. Prior to that tanks were even more rare because it was an absolute pain to play one outside of raids and heroics. They were worthless as a questing class or in PvP.

That wasn't fun. That's why they do damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's mostly concept. The idea of being a paladin enthuses many.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]