Happy Belated Birthday Paradosi!

85 Tauren Paladin
12/04/2010 10:25 PMPosted by Radoslav
Yorgos means George in Spanish, right?

No.

That'd be "Jorge", pronounced "Hor-hay".

Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
12/04/2010 9:30 PMPosted by Kavír
Why don't we just celebrate the birthday of Black Raiders and Titans of Azeroth since we're celebrating guilds that don't exist anymore...

Paradosi exists. I'm insulted.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
Why don't we just celebrate the birthday of Black Raiders and Titans of Azeroth since we're celebrating guilds that don't exist anymore...

Add KO to that list and we're in business.

That the best you got? Hoochy does better in his sleep.

I don't know, I thought it was pretty damn funny. However, Hoochy is pretty awesome in his sleep.
Edited by George on 12/5/2010 1:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
12/04/2010 11:37 PMPosted by Delithita
12/04/2010 10:41 PMPosted by Olethros
He freely admits that's his toon.

Hell, if you covered up the OP's name you can pretty much tell it's George.

And he would have gotten away with it too; if it weren't for those meddling kids!

That made me laugh, despite the fact that you also didn't realize it was me who made that post!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
12/04/2010 10:25 PMPosted by Radoslav
Yorgos means George in Spanish, right?

Yorgos or Giorgos are variations of George in Greek. Damn, I just gave away another one of my alts. Paradosi is Greek for tradition. This birthday thread once a year is a tradition. I had to stay true to the name. Dillinja comes from the name of one of my favorite Drum & Bass DJ's.

Now that all that is settled. Lets just get back to the original post and discuss that! Oh, hey Aero, now do I have the "backing" to make those claims or this thread?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Nope. I think you misunderstood "you" as you the individual and not "you" the guild.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
This thread just somehow feels right.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
TBT
Paradosi isnt dead, They're Still Alive. GET IT HAHA
I'm awesome.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
12/05/2010 5:57 AMPosted by Aero
Nope. I think you misunderstood "you" as you the individual and not "you" the guild.

Nothing was misunderstood. That individual you speak of was me in case you still haven't figured it out, lol. I know what I'm talking about and can back up anything that was said. Overlook the style and arrogance of the post (annual traditional thread) and try and disprove one thing that was said. You won't be able to which is why you stuck with a generalization and weak analogy in your first reply which ironically can not be backed up.
Edited by George on 12/5/2010 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
12/05/2010 1:07 AMPosted by George
That made me laugh, despite the fact that you also didn't realize it was me who made that post!

I'll admit to that.

Which is why I found that quote so funny.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
12/05/2010 7:57 AMPosted by Wittz
Paradosi isnt dead, They're Still Alive. GET IT HAHA
I'm awesome.

<3
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
Kavir, I heard you got all teary eyed in trade chat because people were reminiscing. What else do you expect at the end of expansion which is like a small era in this games history. It's a chance to look back and reflect on different things. You're probably a dork, but if you were to follow sports, you would see in a majority of articles, they reminisce a lot, they look back and compare and try and see how things evolve over time. There's plenty of reasons to reflect on the past and for the most part, I realize it's nostalgia, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. In other words, lighten up a little and maybe you wouldn't hate yourself so much.

Edit: For reference:

[Kavír]: Look at all you old mother !*!*ers stuck in the past "glory." Move on, you're worse than George and his "Birthday Celebration" for Dosi
Edited by George on 12/5/2010 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Edit: Now realizing the OP is George makes this thread humorous to say the least.

I sold my account right before the BC for a pretty penny. Thanks George and Paradosi!
Edited by Deathwaever on 12/5/2010 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
To all the Fatal Union members...You guys were such wanna-be scrubs back in the day. I'm glad to see you've finally made something of your guild.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
Hey Deathweaver, I am the OP. That's one of my scrub alts who posted. I'm glad the guild could provide you a place to make a few bucks. But please don't make fun of my current guild.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Sorry about that. Seeing that Paradosi is no longer the top guild on the server has put a bitter taste in my mouth. I meant no harm. I'm sure they're all good people.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I'll make a real contribution to this thread now. Let's see..Paradosi was a powerhouse of a guild.
They simply did not ever lose in organized PvP. They had nearly every server first, including world dragons from Molten Core through much of Naxx in Vanilla. They also pretty much single handedly opened AQ for the server.

They were hated for being incredibly elite. Most everyone on both sides of the server couldn't stand us. I think everyone was just jelly.

this video is obligatory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apgkI-0tOB4

I think George ended up getting Thunderfury nerfed shortly after posting that video on WoWvids.

Vanilla, the good ol' days.

edit: ignore george's terrible taste in music. Also ignore that warpclaw did more damage than me ;_;
Edited by Deathwaever on 12/5/2010 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
12/05/2010 8:45 PMPosted by Deathwaever
Sorry about that. Seeing that Paradosi is no longer the top guild on the server has put a bitter taste in my mouth. I meant no harm. I'm sure they're all good people.

I wasn't actually as serious as my post sounded. But you still shouldn't make fun of my current guild! Things change though. Did you really expect Paradosi to remain the best on Kargath for 6 years? The game changed too much for that to happen plus people eventually move on and want to try and do different things. If I did keep the guild running, eventually I'd end up with a completely different guild, maybe a few familiar faces all under the same old guild tag. It's not worth it at that point.

Paradosi to me is that core of players from Vanilla and TBC. We had a good portion of them back in Wotlk, but most didn't like how much the game changed so they decided to stop playing, go casual and recently try it out in Cata as a 10 man guild. Either way it would just feel wrong to keep Paradosi alive with new members. Sometimes it's just best to move on or trying something different. I have, as have others and we all seem to be enjoying ourselves right now which is most important.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
12/05/2010 8:56 PMPosted by Deathwaever
I'll make a real contribution to this thread now. Let's see..Paradosi was a powerhouse of a guild.
They simply did not ever lose in organized PvP. They had nearly every server first, including world dragons from Molten Core through much of Naxx in Vanilla. They also pretty much single handedly opened AQ for the server.

They were hated for being incredibly elite. Most everyone on both sides of the server couldn't stand us. I think everyone was just jelly.

this video is obligatory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apgkI-0tOB4

I think George ended up getting Thunderfury nerfed shortly after posting that video on WoWvids.

Vanilla, the good ol' days.

edit: ignore george's terrible taste in music. Also ignore that warpclaw did more damage than me ;_;

Terrible taste in music? Not according to that top comment!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
That song is soooooo 2006.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]