12/06/2010 10:35 AMPosted by Caremeter
This server is definitely unique...

You like it. That's why you came here.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
12/06/2010 3:28 AMPosted by Hoochy
12/06/2010 1:34 AMPosted by Dhryke
So lemme get this straight.

George, the guy claiming to have been on this server since day one has actually left and then came back?

You must be new around here.

Sarcasm is a stranger to this one.

On a funnier note : http://www.paradosiballetcompany.com/

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/06/2010 11:28 AMPosted by Dhryke

Whoooooooosh.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

On a funnier note : http://www.paradosiballetcompany.com/

Which one of them is George?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
12/06/2010 11:37 AMPosted by Hoochy

Whoooooooosh.

Exactly.

Which one of them is George?

I couldn't say with any certainty. :(
Edited by Dhryke on 12/6/2010 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
I am now home, but first I need to take care of somethings, and then I shall reply to Slica and break down all the BS. Btw, I do appreciate the trolls coming out to play like Slica, it allows me and gives me more excuses to speak about the past. Keep the flames coming!
Reply Quote
10 Troll Shaman
12/06/2010 12:50 PMPosted by George
Btw, I do appreciate the trolls coming out to play!

You're welcome, Mon.
Edited by Iamtrollsham on 12/6/2010 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
I am most likely going to need to break this post down into 2-3 parts because of the length in true George fashion.

At first I was trying to determine who this Slica might be, as nothing he said really proves that he was in Paradosi. Everything he mentioned, especially in the 2nd post where he was trying to build up his credibility, is all public knowledge despite a majority of it being false. If he was in Paradosi, he definitely wasn’t a core member because I honestly don’t remember any core members being this dumb and this misinformed. Even Northman called him out on his credibility and he obviously hasn’t responded, for very good reason.

I actually believe he is someone in FU, or most likely someone who used to be in FU at some point. Because FU were the ones who really pressed the Bloodboil myth amongst some other myths that he desperately tries to conjure up again. I’m in FU, and trust me; some of these myths still come up today, but in a more joking manner of course. Or he could have very well been in Paradosi and obviously has something against me that fuels enough rage within him to spout off BS in his posts that he obviously can’t back up.

Slica, you say that my “continued claims that belonged to other people is what stopped Paradosi?” Are you really that dense? You say we should be honoring Paradosi and not me. Where do you see me making any claims that belong to other people and where do you see me trying to be honored? In my original post, if you actually knew how to comprehend the basic English language, you would see I use the term “Paradosi” and “we” a lot. Do you understand what this concept means?

This isn’t about me. It’s about the guild, it always has and it always will be. I always give credit to the guild as a whole as well to those who deserve it. Despite being illiterate, I guess you just assumed I was claiming to have done this all by myself because of my position in the guild. This position has given me a lot of praise but it also gave me a lot of negative attention (mostly for my big mouth). It goes both ways, but don’t confuse that with my intentions. A guild leader and/or raid leader (I was both), can’t go very far if all they think about is themselves. Paradosi dominated for a very long time so if I was as horrible a leader as you say I was, we wouldn’t have been as successful.

If I had chased my raiding core away, they wouldn’t have come back when we reformed. They came back because they knew that under the leadership of myself and fellow officers that we know how to have fun and get sh1t done. You kind of contradict yourself though. You say I chased away guild members, but then say that we stopped raiding because I left. Which one is it? Did they leave because of me or did I leave which resulted in the guild disbanding? Unfortunately for you, neither of those are true. But let us look at the examples you have chosen in Mitten & Icicles.

You probably didn’t know that Mitten and I were friends before WoW. He wasn’t someone I met in this game. We played plenty of Diablo 2 together prior to WoW even being released. I talked with him many times after he had left and it was mostly due to not wanting to raid full time. He did continue to play casually, but Paradosi raided 5 or more times per week back when he was playing and it was too much for him. He did not leave because of me.

Now if there was ever a person to leave Paradosi because of me, it would be Icicles. We didn’t get along very well and didn’t see eye to eye on some things. However, in regards to our abilities in game or as leaders, we did have a mutual respect for one another. But the main reason I couldn’t have ran Icicles away is because he was there to the very end. He was a loyal officer of the guild and left the server long after Paradosi quit raiding. So I’m sorry that you can’t blame that one on me either.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
Slica, you really couldn’t resist throwing in that Bloodboil myth which pretty much kills your credibility of being a core member of Paradosi. If you were a core member of Paradosi you would know that Paradosi did not struggle with Bloodboil and that had nothing to do with the guild breaking apart in the 2nd half of TBC. Our first real night attempting Bloodboil we managed to get him around 10%. Unfortunately we never got back in there again to finish him off because prior to that point the guild had already lost a good chunk of our core members for various reasons.

I was already contemplating the idea to join another guild as a regular member since being a GM and raid leader for 3 years was starting to burn me out as well. So once I saw most of my core members and officers quitting, and then Northman making his goodbye post, I knew it was time for me to also move on and try something else. I really couldn’t go on in Paradosi without Northman. He played too large a role. So as you see, it wasn’t me leaving that forced Paradosi to eventually die. It was because the guild was already dissipating. When you push as hard or as long as we did, you’re going to eventually need a break.
However, you’re also misinformed about one thing. Paradosi didn’t stop raiding. Glaurung aka Biggus, the only remaining officer, kept the guild alive a little while longer and tried to rebuild. But eventually that came to an end.

Frey already backed me up on this point and he’s absolutely right. We never stopped raiding in Wotlk because of Anub. The guild was already dying back in Ulduar. The game was boring for a majority of the members and we were clearing content with 20 people on average. The reason why I bring up the game overall becoming much easier and how that lead to Paradosi disbanding is because of the impact that has on recruiting. Obviously the game still has some challenges, but because the game overall became a lot easier, it killed our ability to recruit.

Our guild always suffered from attrition, but in Vanilla & TBC, people knew if they joined Paradosi they would be seeing content well before others. Now, in the form of normal modes and highly nerfed content, everyone can experience everything and obtain all the same looking gear. This hurt our guild when it came to recruiting. So as we lost members in Wotlk, mostly due to how boring WoW became (as a result of too much easy content, naxx 25, etc..) we were struggling to recruit to replace them which is why decided to call it quits. Not because of any 1 boss giving us trouble. Maybe if you were an officer in our guild you would realize this, but either way, you really have no place to speak regardless of who you are.

Do you realize why people refer to the term “cancer”? It’s often used in sports and you obviously don’t know how to use the term. Usually when a team struggles despite being loaded with talent, they call out a specific person calling them a “cancer”. The team doesn’t always have to be talented, but having a “cancer” in the locker room hurts the team and distracts them. Considering the amount of success Paradosi had in the past, if I was a “cancer” that wouldn’t have been possible. Sticking to the sports analogy, we were a dynasty.

I’m not going to sit here and try and convince you nor anyone that I didn’t have my faults. But if I wasn’t a good Guild Leader or Raid Leader, we wouldn’t have done so well and for as long as we did. You complimented me in the wrong area which proves you really don’t know me and obviously having gaping holes in your memory. You compliment me saying I have “great knowledge of fights and encounters”. Are you kidding me? That might have been one of my weakest characteristics; it still is today.

If you actually remember how I used to lead, I asked more questions than anybody. I wasn’t prepared or did my research heading into new encounters. I personally like to learn on the job and from my mistakes. I like to experience things first for awhile before diving into the theory craft. What made me a good raid leader was taking that information afterwards and organizing the raid and getting everyone on the same page. I was very forward in my approach and made sure everyone knew exactly what they needed to do and what was expected from them. It was a very thorough yet efficient style to ensure we just got the job done.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
Deleted
Edited by Slica on 12/6/2010 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
Slica, this is where I know that you really don’t know me. When Vashna got HWL first, I actually had to back off and make sure I didn’t pass him any weeks because I had too much time on my hands. But you say that I couldn’t get past Warlord because I didn’t have the time to invest? Are you serious? I had all the time in the world to invest back then. My played time in vanilla > tbc + wotlk. You don’t want to know my played time, and neither do I.

There was absolutely no point in obtaining HWL for someone who had a Thunderfury + Nef’s axe. Why waste a month grinding something out to obtain a DPS downgrade? If you knew me you would also know later on during AQ40 they buffed 2 of the set pieces I destroyed and I re-grinded up to rank 13 a second time since those items were DPS upgrades. That’s equivalent to getting High Warlord 1.5x if you consider the amount of time I spent ranking up. Trust me when I say, I had the time back then to do whatever I wanted. And whatever I wanted to do, I did.

Now this is the last point I’ll touch on for now, but it’s a long one. Opening of the AQ gates. First of all, I’ll quote you.

Oh and also VASHNA and Northy opened AQ40 almost single handedly do not try and make claims that YOU we apart of this other then G funding from the GUILDS bank.

Where do you see me claiming anything in regards to the opening of AQ40? Deathweaver posted on this thread saying Paradosi pretty much single handedly opened the gates for the server. How can anyone believe anything you say when you can't even read properly? However, I am glad you brought that up. First of all, Vashna and Northy did not almost single handedly open the AQ40 gates. I have NO idea where you got your information. For reference, let’s break down the opening of the gates in 2 sections. The long quest line and the entire server collaboration of gathering marterials.

The long quest line was primarily a guild effort that all active members helped contribute to. But the first step of the quest line was the collecting of the carapaces. Now Vashna, and I don’t blame him, pretty much just sat in town and waited for people to run to him and hand him carapaces to turn in. He did very little farming. Because Vashna was very grateful to everyone who helped him, which included Paradosi members, other Horde players, and even some Alliance players, he kept a list or a mental note of some kind in regards to who contributed what.

At the end of this first stage, he told me that Varinja (priest healer I farmed with) and I contributed more than half of all the carapaces that were turned in. Let me put that in perspective for you. The 2 of us farmed more than the entire horde side combined in this first critical stage of the quest line that separated Vashna from the rest of the server therefore separating Paradosi from the rest of the server when it came to the opening of the gates. The rest of the major steps of this quest line, all of Paradosi helped and at one point, 2 Alliance guilds helped us as well.

Then there was the huge turn in requirement to open the gates as well. Now there’s not really a way to compare my contribution towards others in this regards as to who farmed more. I know I farmed religiously for hours as did others. But let’s not forget about the Paradosi contest I organized and managed for about 3 weeks. So on top of all the farming I did, I had to spend a few hours every day dealing with this contest. It was a lot of work but it helped us catch up to the Alliance who at that point was dominating the Horde in turn ins. We eventually finished just before they did primarily because of that contest.

I can safely say that when it came to the opening of the AQ40 gates, not one person put more time into overall than I did, including Vashna himself. I’m not sure why you threw Northman into that mix though. He definitely did his fair share, but I can’t remember him doing anything out of the ordinary in regards to the contribution of the gates being opened.
Edited by George on 12/6/2010 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/06/2010 3:11 PMPosted by Slica

6. Northman Iceicles and Mitten all three of these great players you hid behind. There leadership and there ability to overcome the challenges set before us is the sole reason for the our succsess. Yet never once in all your long winded posts on these forums did you ever give these guys credit for there amazing job.

So once I saw most of my core members and officers quitting, and then Northman making his goodbye post, I knew it was time for me to also move on and try something else. I really couldn’t go on in Paradosi without Northman. He played too large a role.

Northy's da man.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I am exhausted from reading.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
12/06/2010 3:15 PMPosted by Hoochy
12/06/2010 3:11 PMPosted by Slica

6. Northman Iceicles and Mitten all three of these great players you hid behind. There leadership and there ability to overcome the challenges set before us is the sole reason for the our succsess. Yet never once in all your long winded posts on these forums did you ever give these guys credit for there amazing job.

So once I saw most of my core members and officers quitting, and then Northman making his goodbye post, I knew it was time for me to also move on and try something else. I really couldn’t go on in Paradosi without Northman. He played too large a role.

Northy's da man.

Ty Hoochy! That's just one example. I always gave credit to my officers and core members over the last 6 years in at least 100 posts. But I guess people tend to only remember the negative :/
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Slica needs the "Troll of the Year" award I haven't seen George post this much since vanilla.

But in all honesty are we really supposed to read ALL this crap, lol.......
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
Time to break down another amusing post!

1. I already explained myself in regards to the guild breaking up the first time, but I'll try again since you can't seem to understand it. Too many people were already quitting before I called it quits. Now you can blame me for not providing the greatest raiding environment for 10+ years straight, but guess what, at that point I gave it everything I got for 3 years and I also got burnt out just like the rest of my officers and core members. I didn't rebuild the guild because I needed a break from being a GM or raid leader. I needed a change of scenery. I'm not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

2. Your right that I had little knowledge going into fights. All my good ideas came after we wiped a few times and I got to see first hand what the real problems were. I liked to break things down that I experience first and then theory craft like I mentioned before.

3. I gave Glaurung a lot of respect for trying to rebuild the guild. But where did you see me trying to use him as a scape goat as to why the guild failed? Do you just enjoy making things up? I play BC2 with Glaurung once in awhile, next time I talk to him on vent I'll ask him if I ever blamed him for Paradosi failing.

4. You obviously don't know what it's like to run a guild. Keeping a guild motivated is not the hard part. It's dealing with attrition. Every single guild goes through this. People will always come and go. It's as inevitable as death and taxes. In Vanilla & TBC it was easy to recruit. In Wotlk it was very difficult.

People got tired of waiting around for our leadership to find new bodies. If there was anything I was bad at, it was recruiting in Wotlk. I hated it and still do. I'm not even a leader and get frustrated in FU when I see a raid with 20 people knowing how slow the recruiting process is in this game today because of how much easier the game is.

5. I called Kavir a dork because if he followed sports he'd realize reminiscing or looking at the past and seeing how things evolve is a good thing. I never actually called you a "wimply nerd" or ridiculed you for not following sports. I don't even know if you follow sports. But you called me a "cancer" which is popular term in sports. My point is that you used that term wrong and that it doesn't apply to me. If I was a "cancer" Paradosi wouldn't have seen much success when I was leading raids.

6. Hoochy in about 5 seconds disproved your entire argument here with 1 example. There's many more where that came from. I always give credit to my officers. Sorry, you're wrong again. Your biased opinion of me is clouding your judgment and you keep saying things that are simply not true. I know you're trying to prove that you are credible in what you say, but you keep hurting yourself with one false statement after another.

7. Watch knows me a lot better than you think. The warning isn't needed.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
12/06/2010 3:48 PMPosted by Bladefíst
Slica needs the "Troll of the Year" award I haven't seen George post this much since vanilla.

But in all honesty are we really supposed to read ALL this crap, lol.......

His points are mostly false, but he brings up a lot of them. My OCD requires me to address them all. So yes, he is doing a good job keeping me entertained as I love reminiscing! But I have a strange feeling he's not trying to troll and actually believes what he is saying which makes this even more amusing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]