Happy Belated Birthday Paradosi!

86 Human Paladin
good luck to the new guys

wish you all the best
Edited by Mightycloyde on 12/17/2010 9:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
78 Troll Priest
12/15/2010 9:02 PMPosted by Abracadaver
Yes, Paradosi was so grateful to everyone who helped contribute to the opening that they opened the gates in the early morning, unannounced, so that the unwashed masses wouldn't lag the server and ruin their fun. This was a unique event on each server that many on Kargath contributed to but few were able to witness because of Paradosi's selfishness.

You are totally ill informed. We invited Black Raiders to join us in the gate opening event with open arms.

Don't be bitter just because you weren't invited.
Edited by Acedude on 12/18/2010 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warrior
12/17/2010 6:38 PMPosted by Sendai
I never really felt that George was an overbearing leader. Ego-centric, certainly, but he always had the skills to back it up, so that never bothered me.

When we screwed up and wiped consistently, I always got the feeling he was more disappointed than angry. The angry one was Northy. George was happy to tell you that you screwed up and why, and if you wanted to argue with him, why you were wrong and he was right.

Northy just yelled at you, and demanded you stop being retarded. I always felt that, at least when it came to raid time, Northy was the rock of the guild. George often functioned as more of a cheerleader and motivator, which wasn't surprising, given his real life background in public relations.

George certainly had (has?) a cult of personality though. Seeing that he joined Fatal Union makes me sad for some reason.

Who are you? No need to post on an alt as your post is a lot more factual than your average anonymous poster. If you were in Paradosi, you must have joined later or simply forgot some of the past. I say this because I was definitely mean and angry and quite the a$$hole earlier on. You could say I made Northman look like a care bear when I was at my worst. Ironically, the bigger the pr1ck I was, the better the guild did.

Regardless of how successful we were when I was a hot head, I eventually had to tone it down and change my approach because my own members/officers were growing tired of my attitude and aggressive demeanor. I definitely went overboard at times and was unreasonable and difficult to deal with as I got frustrated. I've known Northman for over a decade, and when he has problems trying to communicate with me, you know something is wrong. This is why you and others probably saw a transformation in my behavior, because I had no choice.

I wouldn't call that transformation cheer leading though and not because of the feminine reference, as that doesn't bother me as I look fantastic in tights, but because I always had my hand in everything. I didn't sit on the sidelines and cheer in Paradosi at anytime, although I wish I could. Even in FU I can't do that. I have no leadership responsibilities in FU and I often find myself trying to "help" with the leading. It's just second nature for me to get really involved in what I do and force my will onto others although I try my best not to.
Edited by George on 12/18/2010 12:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Wow, have I really been off the forums that long? Missed some great opportunities in this thread but great entertainment nonetheless =P
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Demi and Lolin got married lol
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
12/18/2010 12:11 AMPosted by Acedude
Yes, Paradosi was so grateful to everyone who helped contribute to the opening that they opened the gates in the early morning, unannounced, so that the unwashed masses wouldn't lag the server and ruin their fun. This was a unique event on each server that many on Kargath contributed to but few were able to witness because of Paradosi's selfishness.

You are totally ill informed. We invited Black Raiders to join us in the gate opening event with open arms.

Don't be bitter just because you weren't invited.

This is partially true because we had a member in Black Raiders who had a brother in Paradosi. I am unsure if a deal was legit offered, or it had to be struck because we were going to be there whether invited or not, but I can say I lived the AQ gates event, and it was something I still remember vividly today. We were told to set our alarms at the wee hours of the morning, it was intense. It was definitely the coolest experience in all of WoW... especially the Chinese Gold Farmers tagging the big roaming mini-bosses for all the epic BoE loot they were dropping. How the hell they knew about those details still boggles my mind today lol!

p.s. Icicles was always a scumbag, dont feel bad about having differences with it George.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Minotauros,

You just responded to a post that is 1.5 years old.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Minotauros,

You just responded to a post that is 1.5 years old.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lolol.gif
Reply Quote
79 Undead Priest
Deathweaver as an alliance panda. of course
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/04/2010 01:26 PMPosted by Yorgos
5 days ago on November 30th, Paradosi, being the oldest guild on the server turned 6.

Where did they get that Paradosi was the oldest guild on the server? Just curious.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
12/05/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Dubmood
Deathweaver as an alliance panda. of course

Hey Dubmood! How's making chip music treating you? I purchased some of your music on i-tunes some years back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]