Arena Personal Rating Requirements?

82 Night Elf Hunter
"We're removing personal rating requirements on almost all items; they're definitely removed for weapons. We might offer a few items to the absolute best players based on personal rating, largely as cosmetic or 'bragging rights' type items." -Bluepost found on wowhead.

To think that everyone will have the same gear and stats is just saddening. 2800+ rated people will now be having the same stats as someone who can't even get 1000 rating. Is there enough incentive for veteran arena players to shoot for the higher brackets of arena now? If you ask me, i reply clearly no.

I agree that when you first step into arena you should be at equal gear, but you should also be in a select brackets with the appropriate skill levels. This way, players who are excelling at arenas and who are earning higher ratings in their particular brackets should be able to advance to higher brackets and have access to higher tiers of gear specifically for that bracket. So maybe the problem here is that there needs to be well defined brackets based off average gear score or something, because the rewards are no longer enough to entice seasoned arena players.

This change is definitely pleasing to the masses but it no longer gives incentive enough for players to excel at the higher levels of competitive gaming. PvP has been losing flavor since day 1, however i hate to see it finally die out.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
0/10 for trying too hard.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/04/2010 1:50 PMPosted by Feroz

^This
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
ugh..
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
sometimes people play video games for fun
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
There has to be some kind of reasoning behind it. You can't just buy your way in. You have to play games to get arena points (or conquest points i guess now). So if you buy your way in to a 2500 team and have to play a minimum ammount of games dont you think that the rating would plummet far beyond the ability to get anything out of it?

Lets say you are at 2200 and someone wants to buy their way in. The weaps will cost 3600 conquest or something like that. The minimum rating you will need for t1 weap is 1800 and you have to play a minimum of lets say 30 games to get points if you just joined a high rated team. You will suck badly with the highend competition and just plummet below 1800 before you ever get enough points for it. You would have to have earned pts throughout the season and even then save all of it to get the weap. Then what you will have is a baddie with a t1 weap and crap gear. He will then get pieces by just inching thru arena. By the end of the season you have a person in full glad armor and t1 weap like he never even got past 1800
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/05/2010 12:56 AMPosted by Stormspellz
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
12/05/2010 4:17 AMPosted by Ohbbeast
12/05/2010 12:56 AMPosted by Stormspellz
[quote="12199828160"]0/10 for trying too hard.
[/quote]

^this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
They need to give cool things to arena high rated arena players or else arena will be nothing fun :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]