What happened to wowarmory.com?

80 Human Paladin
The Armory now redirects to the battle.net WoW community site... which doesn't have the ability to search for characters. What happened? This is a huge issue, especially as it breaks any sort of third-party tool that relies on searching for characters on the armory (such as wow-heroes.com and guildzilla).
Reply Quote
64 Human Hunter
The old armory website is being discontinued, it'll all be on the new community website, eventually... that's what I heard, anyway.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
@Borondir: Don't fear - we have a Plan(TM) - wowarmory.com (The website) is now being retired - any tools that may happen to be requesting characters directly will still work for now, though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Really? I tried both wow-heroes.com and guildzilla, and both failed to find my character.

Edit: wow-heroes.com just worked this time, I'm not sure why it failed last time. Let me try guildzilla again.

Edit 2: Guildzilla is still failing to find my character. This poses a problem as it means my roommate cannot apply for the guild he wanted to today, as Guildzilla requires an associated character.
Edited by Buranshe on 12/4/2010 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Poor wowarmory.... never even made it out of beta.... *sniff*

edit: i just tried wow-heroes, it diddnt have any issues with my character......
Edited by Øtaku on 12/4/2010 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
@Buranshe - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&n=Buranshe works for me.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Yes, and so does the character I was trying to search for (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&cn=Borondir). I wonder what Guildzilla is using to pull character data? I've submitted a ticket with them, but I don't have any hopes of fast resolution on their end.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Well i have tried just typing a few friends names into the search bar to look them up - nothign found for either of them, so - not sure what is going on. Do i need more info - I sure didn't on the old armory page -- it would link to any toon on any server with the name given, then i could click on the correct one i wanted.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
wowarmory.com | original version | I beg you.

Scratch that, I found a way to access the old one, thank you for leaving it up!
Edited by Pattyfathead on 12/4/2010 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Troll Shaman
Why is the old armory being "Retired"? I cant think of any reason why it should/would be discontinued. Its a perfect tool... and the fact that the new sites search bar says search characters, yet doesnt have any results is ridiculous. I reckon it is just more Blizz at its best. Thanks GUYS. You never fail to impress.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Blizz strikes again. UGGGHHH!! WOW-Heroes works fine if your a level 70 but what about your poor newbies that are below 70?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Just wanted to add a quick .02-

I have no problem with Armory coming down; I know a lot of the functionality of Armory is being rolled into this new community site. However, the community site doesn't have that full functionality at this point.

I was attempting to armory someone and manage to do it manually by inputting the server and name into the URL as per the above example to find it eventually, but first I tried to search for the person on the Community site (Search box says: "Search the Armory, Forums, and more...") and got no results.

It would be great if that functionality worked before armory was pulled down, unless your intent really is that people can no longer armory one another to look at and compare specs, gear, gemming, etc. If thats the case please just let us know so.
Reply Quote
It would have saved me about 20 minutes if Battle.net could just be upfront about their Armory not being functional yet. Nothing wrong with being under construction... just SAY something. And saying it in a forum thread in answer to a complaint doesn't count because if we're here chances are we're already pissed.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
This new armory is garbage you cant even search for characters
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I've been trying to look up my toons and I get nothing either. Either the search feature is buggered or the Armory itself. Either way I can't look up my toons. I tried typing the realm name a space and then the toon name and that didn't work either. Prety frustrating.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
type the character name and the server in this format name@server

for example, if I type Sequel@Drenden it pulls up my character sheet.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I tried using the firefox plugin and armory is broken that way

Reply Quote
84 Troll Warlock
12/05/2010 9:33 AMPosted by Aralan
Blizz strikes again. UGGGHHH!! WOW-Heroes works fine if your a level 70 but what about your poor newbies that are below 70?

That's not a Blizzard thing. WH has always been that way.
Reply Quote
84 Troll Warlock
12/05/2010 6:54 PMPosted by Equitas
I've been trying to look up my toons and I get nothing either. Either the search feature is buggered or the Armory itself. Either way I can't look up my toons. I tried typing the realm name a space and then the toon name and that didn't work either. Prety frustrating.

I just typed in Equitas@senjin and it went right to your page.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
All the information wow-heroes gathers is from the website, it just compiles it differently. So if it ceases to function properly, it's not like you're dead in the water...just look the person up here instead. It's all the same information, you just have to be slightly less lazy about looking it up. Until then, there will come a point where these websites all need to update, so you might as well get the hang of just looking on here. Blizzard isn't responsible for keeping these websites updated, so you can't really complain to them about it. I, for one, am happy to see the new community website up and running.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]