Ret Dps needs help

85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 7:43 AMPosted by Attar
exorcism?

20% chance on hit from Auto attacks.. extremely reliable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/06/2010 7:53 AMPosted by Roelath
12/06/2010 7:43 AMPosted by Attar
exorcism?

or you could just spam it...
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9066/wowscrnshot112410204848.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 7:57 AMPosted by Attar
[quote="12532333671"]exorcism?

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9066/wowscrnshot112410204848.jpg[/quote]

Obviously all Ret Paladins have a 30k+ Mana pool and spec into Holy... Oh *!@# wait we're not Holy! We're Ret Paladins! OH GOD!

Try blocking out "Holy Shock" next time before you make a useless post.

Thank you very much,
Roelath
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman
12/05/2010 5:56 AMPosted by Stoutfist
My prediction is that we'll get to 85, everyone will realize it sucks. Nothing will be done for the first major patch, and we'll get a "We'll do it next patch". On the second major patch, we'll receive major buffs and sweeping class changes, which will be tested for two months on the PTR with all numbers showing it's balanced. Then, it'll go live, and immediately the forums will fill with complaints of morons wondering why the one class they were able to kill is now capable of fighting back. Within a week, we'll see a hotfix that is meant to nerf us TO THE GROUND, which will also carry its huge share of bugs.

Third patch, more changes. The class will become balanced in PVE, but remain subpar in PVP. Then we'll get a "Don't worry, we got something good for ret in the next expansion!"

In the meantime, if ret doesn't work at all at 85, I'll just switch to my worgen priest and be OP for a while.

Sounds exactly like Wrath for enh shammies. Sadly you're probably spot on as Blizz's internal numbers rarely agree with what get's posted on WoL. Honestly they need to start posting their numbers so they can be reviewed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you can't tell the difference between a holy paladin and a ret paladin, why bother to post in this thread?

Exorcism is not spammable by ret paladins, and only hits hard for us when it procs off our Art of War talent, so we wouldn't spam it even if we had the mana to do so. it has a 20% proc chance off auto-attacks, so on average is up about every 15-18 seconds.

So no, exorcism is not the answer.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Everyone keeps talking about beta WoLogs reports. But what about outside factors? Was there a gear disparity for the rets in the logs? Perhaps some of those logs with rets doing poorly the rets had worse gear than those ahead of him. What about his proc-rates? Were they spot on or were they abnormally low due to bad RNG? What buffs/debuffs were present? Could a buff or debuff not being present have been part of the problem?

People really need to ask themselves these questions and not just blindly assume that the problem is ret and not outside factors. I'm not saying ret is or isn't weak, merely that we need to consider the whole picture, not just one number.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Everyone keeps talking about beta WoLogs reports. But what about outside factors? Was there a gear disparity for the rets in the logs? Perhaps some of those logs with rets doing poorly the rets had worse gear than those ahead of him. What about his proc-rates? Were they spot on or were they abnormally low due to bad RNG? What buffs/debuffs were present? Could a buff or debuff not being present have been part of the problem?

People really need to ask themselves these questions and not just blindly assume that the problem is ret and not outside factors. I'm not saying ret is or isn't weak, merely that we need to consider the whole picture, not just one number.

Mostly agree, except the part about RNG. If rng plays that much a role in DPS, as to sway it a few thousand, there's a serious design flaw
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Ya, make sure you check not only the source, but the dates, and be aware of what nerfs/buffs have taken place between that day and close.

Go to the November logs. Only one Ret pally left, and far at the bottom. Same one that was number two a few weeks prior.

Funny how that happens.

I always admit when I'm wrong I make it a point to so here it goes. I should have added an unless things have changed but I didn't. I didn't remember much of a build change which is why ironically and hypocritically I didn't go do my research again. So I humbly apologize to the Ret community for being that off and spreading misinformation myself.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2010 12:55 PMPosted by Jenseits

Mostly agree, except the part about RNG. If rng plays that much a role in DPS, as to sway it a few thousand, there's a serious design flaw

I remember playing a frostfire mage in naxx25 days (my guild was in the top 250 worldwide to give you an idea of where we were in progression) and my DPS being completely RNG based with crit. Pyroblast was a huge chunk of my damage, and if I wasn't getting back to back crits (which wasn't exactly reliable with crit chances then being in the upper 40s with full buffs) and I remember not having a terrible time with my DPS. Usually once every few weeks I'd have 1 bad boss fight where I just got bad RNG. That's around 50 or so bosses, so somewhere around 2% of my boss fights would go badly.

Our rotation however can still function and I would argue suffers less from RNG than FFB did back then (at least for me personally). We can also control our RNG better by having 2 stats (mastery and haste for HoL, haste for exo) that can increase our uptime as opposed to only 1 stat that FFB had. I'm not too worried about the RNG nature of our rotation. I'm merely pointing out that we need to consider it.

Some other things to consider. What if that person playing the ret paladin is a kinesthetic learner (which means learns by doing, especially hands on activities)? Perhaps they needed to experience the fight in order to understand all the mechanics fully to the point that they could take advantage of them. If that's the case, then we would probably see their DPS when they're learning the encounters be lower since they're trying to learn the boss mechanics. This is what causes people to have lower DPS on progression fights than farm bosses.

All I'm simply saying is we need to consider everything that could affect our DPS, not just how hard we're hitting or if our mechanics are or are not broken.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2010 4:24 AMPosted by Justicär
We really going to need some buffs come release , this is the first time in along time where i felt like i would have to change specs because rets have no place now . I havent felt this way since vanilla " the days Paladins where Healers that was it if you wanted to raid "

I didnt think i would see the day i was 12th on the charts "12k" on saurfang . It was just a fun run But still only to pull 12k i used to do atleast 15k with the old system . Even with the new Hp changes i was around 15-17k. On bosses outside of ICC buff i used to hold atleast 10k now sitting around 8-9 .

I dont see how this is going to scale in our favor , From what beta people are saying rets dont look any better at 85 .

I dont need to be tops dps , i didnt need to do 22k like warriors in WoTLK was fine with being solid 15-17k , but now we really bring nothing "Holy&Prot can bring the same buffs" to raiding if where lowest on the charts .

With all the 10 man raiding thats going to be happening theres so many better classes to bring in now" 25 you wont need or want more then one in your raid " .We wont even have a spot . Every Melee class can bring the same CC or interrupts that we do and now can out preform us also no matter how skilled you are.

What makes me upset the most is DS is a joke , Just take it out of the game

TV is lame really i have to build up 3 hp to use and it hits less then my Exo .

theres alot of problems "not just Rets " lots of other classes have issues also & im really just getting tiered of ghostcrawler excuses .

Just fix them plz.

Remember it takes less than 24 hours for blizzard to nerf ret and 6 months or more for them to bandaid fix things
Edited by Silentbobb on 12/6/2010 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2010 7:57 AMPosted by Attar
[quote="12532333671"]exorcism?

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9066/wowscrnshot112410204848.jpg

WARNING "RETARD ALERT" "RETARD ALERT"

Because exorcism has a cast time and can easily be interupted with no skill on the part of others causing an 8 second lockout on anything we can do except auto attack and CS.
Edited by Silentbobb on 12/6/2010 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2010 11:26 AMPosted by Polemeo
just for the love change inquisition to something players are actually excited about. PvE and PvP rets hate it.

And...it's bad.

Yeah inquisition sucks and is a minimal DPS increase it doesnt help ret at all considering it only affects 3 to 4 of our abilities that either have a to low proc chance to actually use and have to long of a cooldown.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]