PVP HEALING: Priest vs Shaman

100 Human Priest
I will be healing for my RBG guild. I can't chose between these two classes. What should I level first. Anyone have actual experience in beta pvp that can help me out?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
bump?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
anyone have any insight? at all plz
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
12/03/2010 11:49 PMPosted by Tbuds
I will be healing for my RBG guild. I can't chose between these two classes. What should I level first. Anyone have actual experience in beta pvp that can help me out?

Right now Priests are weak in PvP and a well played Shaman is very very strong.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
There are so many threads about PVP healing that you could easily browse through them for your answer. But as always pvp balance is subject to change and what is now OP could be changed by the time we all start getting into rated BGs.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
12/04/2010 2:41 PMPosted by Bnizzle
There are so many threads about PVP healing that you could easily browse through them for your answer. But as always pvp balance is subject to change and what is now OP could be changed by the time we all start getting into rated BGs.

^ this

Druid and priest are haveing "issues" in pvp, but Blizzard has already started making changes and will continue to do so.
IMO-
Play the class you enjoy the most or whos style you feel you match the best.
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
12/04/2010 5:38 PMPosted by Hexxadecimal
12/04/2010 2:41 PMPosted by Bnizzle

^ this

Druid and priest are haveing "issues" in pvp, but Blizzard has already started making changes and will continue to do so.
IMO-
Play the class you enjoy the most or whos style you feel you match the best.

Then why not have them level a class that is working perfectly fine "shaman" then a broken class "priest", hoping Blizzard addresses the issues fast. RBGs and arenas start a week after cataclysm releases.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Depends on your guild. Assuming things become reasonably balanced in the future, and balance on December 14th isn't your #1 concern than would a healer with mass dispel or a healer with ghost wolf fit your team better? Is your team square on dps shaman or mages? Maybe you need to be a reliable lust? Your team good on flag carriers since we will have 2 WSG style bgs now? Ghost wolf indoors has been nice in WSG last few weeks. Maybe your good on all of those and a Pain Suppression/Infusion/Barrier will serve your team better. Is there another disc priest in your team roster? Because we don't stack well.

These are all obvious questions and are required to best answer your question. The process is simple.

Question 1: Which class do you prefer? If neither go to 2.

Question 2: Which class has better synergy with the people you suspect you will be doing runs with most of the time?
Edited by Orcbate on 12/4/2010 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
If I had a choice, I would get a shaman healer than a priest. Blizzard has a good well reputation on taking their time to fix certain classes. As mentioned before, why wait for them to fix priest when shamans (healers only) are currently fine. Priest would pull their weight, but I would put my cards on the shaman as the " better choice" healer
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
thanks for the responses ... unfortunately we dont know our rbg makeup just yet which makes my decision even harder. prob go with shaman because i just dont want to be gimp out of the gates
Reply Quote
70 Human Warrior
I would include a discipline priest in groups and raids. I love mine in pvp. They compliment the other healers, they have superb emergency healing, and they can tank a massive amount of damage. Just know that your priest really only has 2 trees - discipline and shadow. The holy tree and mechanic is a mess - really clunky, unless you want to spam aoe heals.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
For battlegrounds, I would go holy priest to be honest. Inner will running speed buff that stack with boots enchant and body and soul makes you a very mobile healer.

Of course, you'll have to accept being a super squishy healer, but you'll top the healing charts with pom and circle of healing.

Not to mention that short cooldown 3 second stun (chastise) is very, very, very useful to allow you to mindcontrol someone with an interrupt off the roof in wsg (one of the many exemple)
Edited by Pøtatoes on 12/5/2010 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]