WTB XML Feeds! Offering lunch at Javier's!

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Druid
I am also curious about an update. I spent a long time making a module for our site's main page to track member level ups, member joins and achievements. Level ups and joins are still working off of the old feed, but the achievement scores reported on that feed have been inaccurate for some time. The feed is here (http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Sargeras&n=The+White+Lions) and as you can see the achievement score is off by about 400:

<character achPoints="4475" classId="11" genderId="0" level="85" name="Leahan" raceId="4" rank="2" url="r=Sargeras&amp;cn=Leahan"/>

I understand not wanting to fix this since you are working on the new feeds, but I've missed outputting so many achievements already because of this and it's unfortunate. Please let us know how the new feeds are coming along!

Thanks.
100 Tauren Druid
I hope the XML feed gets implemented soon, I have some code that I'd like to write for my guildies to easily track progress on Cataclysm Hero / Cataclysm Raider / etc.

<3
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bump^^
Would like an update on this. I really want to get to work on a basic "raid ready" script for my guild. I plan to track average item lvl (hopefully via a new feed that matches current armory), and to check hit caps (there doesn't appear to be accurate hit rating via the current feeds).
85 Worgen Hunter
Any news on the new feeds? The current XML feeds appear to be broken.
85 Goblin Rogue
Bump^^
Would like an update on this.
85 Goblin Shaman
came here looking specifically for this info. great news that it is in the works, hopefully at least XML feeds will be released shortly if not a full fledged API. i'm sure a bunch of us would like to do fun and interesting things with the data.
66 Troll Priest
while we are shopping, web services w/ wsdl's would rule. Likely easier to produce on that end anyway.

-- thanks for your efforts what ever this may end as. :)
85 Troll Druid
Any chance at being able to access a realm's auction house without needing a character on that realm? Not sure why that is a requirement.
85 Human Warrior
Blizzard, any update on when the XML feeds will be live?
90 Goblin Priest
dieing for an update here PLZ can we haz?
85 Human Warlock
Hi guys,
I to am eagerly awaiting any more news on direct XML, JSON or other sort of data from thr armory.

However, in the mean time people are trying to avoid parseing the html. I discovered this a few minutes ago, and it looks like its got short term potential for anyone interested.

Disclaimer: I did not write it. It is not my code. It is not blizzards code. If it blows up its not my fault. You get the idea :)

http://kastang.com/blog/2010/12/parsing-the-wow-armory-without-xml/

Hopefully that gets a few people on the right track for setting up their custom guild sites.
85 Goblin Rogue
I finally figured out how to use Axho's WoW Guild Feeds! The answer Iframe! It is super simple and with these steps you can have a guild feed just like this:

http://kore-enter.enjin.com/newsfeed

What you need to do:

Step 1:
Go to http://wowfeeds.wipeitau.com

Enter in your server, guild name, location, and set output as HTML. Don't do anything else. Just those. Then click the button that says Generate my Feed URL.

Once it outputs the HTML code (should look something like this - http://wowfeeds.wipeitau.com/GuildActivity.php?location=US&rn=Twisting%20Nether&gn=Kore%20Enterprises&output=HTML&callback=?)

Copy the code and paste it into a note pad to save for later. (or just leave that tab up to copy the code later)

Step 2 Open your guilds page, Find where you want your feed box to go and click to edit page layout.

Create a new HTML box Title it what ever you want I called mine Guild Activity.

Next click edit

Once you have the edit HTML box open click on the tab that says HTML Source

Once thats open paste this code inside:

<iframe src="http://wowfeeds.wipeitau.com/GuildActivity.php?location=US&rn=Twisting%20Nether&gn=Kore%20Enterprises&output=HTML&callback=?" height = "630px" width = "570px" style="background-color: white">
</iframe>

Where it says <iframe src="This is where you put your generated HTML code"

DO NOT FORGET TO CLOSE YOUR CODE WTIH THE "

After you have put in your code, and clicked save changes you can then add your newly created and edited module to your page ^_^

By the way, I had mine set to have a white background because my page is black and the text inside the iframe is black so it wouldnt show. You can set the background color to what ever you think fits best with your page. Unfortunately there is no way to change the color of the iframe text.

Any questions post below!
3 Gnome Rogue
and i'll pay for dinner, but breakfast is on you ;)

any update would be appreciated, thanks!
Any News on these feeds?
85 Goblin Rogue
WTB news on Updated feeds
85 Human Warlock
Still have a month in Q1, hopefully it hits then :)
85 Night Elf Druid
I am also curious about an update. I spent a long time making a module for our site's main page to track member level ups, member joins and achievements. Level ups and joins are still working off of the old feed, but the achievement scores reported on that feed have been inaccurate for some time. The feed is here (http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Sargeras&n=The+White+Lions) and as you can see the achievement score is off by about 400:

<character achPoints="4475" classId="11" genderId="0" level="85" name="Leahan" raceId="4" rank="2" url="r=Sargeras&amp;cn=Leahan"/>

I understand not wanting to fix this since you are working on the new feeds, but I've missed outputting so many achievements already because of this and it's unfortunate. Please let us know how the new feeds are coming along!

Thanks.

Huh. Apparently the achievement points reported to the old guild feed has been fixed. I got about 4 pages of spam (some of it hilariously wrong since my data was over 3 months old) on my guild site about "so and so earned such achievement." This will hold me over for a while but I still eagerly await the new feeds.
85 Tauren Druid
I can't wait for Blizz to get their A into gear also and get these feeds working.

I want character feeds for my guild member profiles.
We really do need to get this in gear. My page has all of its permissions based on guild rank, which I synchronize against the armory. We made some changes to our ranks the other day and now the numbers on the old armory XML feed are completely out of whack. Please +1. I don't care if it's JSON or XML, throttled or not, just get me accurate information please.

(And please also make the note and officer note part of the query)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]