Best Ally Tank Race?

80 Worgen Rogue
Title says it all, just curious what the best ally tank race is and why. thanks in advance
Reply Quote
91 Human Warrior
gnome
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Warrior
I personally play a draeni but if you're looking for good racials I'd say maybe night elf because of the passive dodge increase, humans because of the free trinket, dwarves for stoneform and beard, draenei for the hit bonus, and lastly gnomes for the looks of them trying to slash something.
Reply Quote
82 Human Warrior
Or humans.

Because you are fighting Old Gods as a chap from Stormwind. You are not from a undying race. You are not a resilent little bugger, you are not incredible ingenous and you are not a Space Goat.

You are Jim. Here is your sword and shield. Go slay a god.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
12/04/2010 12:41 PMPosted by Asator
Gnomes have NO PLACE BEING WARRIORS, they are children with an adults brain implanted in them, Devoid of everything that makes a true warrior great, and cant even stand tall in the face of their enemies. Gnomes are the reason the Alliance morale is so low and we of the alliance get laughed at mostly for.

What do you mean? Nothing like a gnome warrior destroying a tauren IMO. As long as it has or can grow a beard, it can be a warrior.

For tanking it depends, The passive +dodge is nothing compared to the armor cooldown dwarfs have. I'm pretty sure Stoneform's mitigation it's way better that a passive bonus avoidance like night elves have.

So.. Dwarfs for mitigation / Worgens for threat )damage bonus=
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
12/04/2010 12:41 PMPosted by Asator
WORGEN, cuz its new!

no, it all depends on what your aim is.

Night elves have the perma Passive dodge bonus

Dwarves have an armor bonus cooldown

worgen are getting a damage buff

humans have the free pvp trinket

Draenei have their + hit and self heal spell with a cast time, which isnt that useful to be honest.

Gnomes have NO PLACE BEING WARRIORS, they are children with an adults brain implanted in them, Devoid of everything that makes a true warrior great, and cant even stand tall in the face of their enemies. Gnomes are the reason the Alliance morale is so low and we of the alliance get laughed at mostly for.

QFT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
They all work for various reasons. Gnomes are racially the weakest tank race since humans at least have expertise with swords and maces.

Go with what looks best to you. Go to Wowhead and see how the gear sets look on each race, and make your decision that way. Maybe see how their attack animations are as well.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Draenei Female.

If you are going to be alliance you might as well get to stare at the Waggle. Gift of the Naaru hasn't had a cast time for ages now, but I really have no idea how much it heals for at top level.

Also ignore whatever dude said about Gnomes. The amount of fun in being a Warrior, a Tank especially, is directly proportional how much larger than you whatever it is you are beating up on.

Therefore, Gnomes have a head start on fun and manliness.

I kind of hate being Tauren for that exact reason sometimes.

Go with what looks best to you. Go to Wowhead and see how the gear sets look on each race, and make your decision that way. Maybe see how their attack animations are as well.

This. Especially Attack Animations, they will drive you up the wall in the long term. I've wanted to have an item to make me a Worgen since I first stepped into Duskwood and fought one, naturally when I heard they were going to be a playable race I was pretty happy about it at first. Seeing the Worgen Male attack animations really took the wind out of my sails for it. They are terribad, the constant flipping and spazzing out makes them look ridiculous.
Edited by Grumble on 12/4/2010 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/04/2010 7:34 PMPosted by Samayael
They all work for various reasons. Gnomes are racially the weakest tank race since humans at least have expertise with swords and maces.

Gnomes actually get an expertise bonus with daggers and one-handed swords now.

As far as racials are concerned, night elves and dwarves are best.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Oh, hell, I forgot about that. Whoops.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warrior
OP
12/04/2010 3:27 PMPosted by Prometheon

For tanking it depends, The passive +dodge is nothing compared to the armor cooldown dwarfs have. I'm pretty sure Stoneform's mitigation it's way better that a passive bonus avoidance like night elves have.

stoneform has a ridiculously small impact on mitigation even throughout the EH dominated mindset of wrath tanking where the prevailing opinion was that nothing as ever worth gemming for stam and every single bonus armor piece available was BiS for progression despite relatively immense avoidance losses people would argue nelfs having the equal or better racial

if healer mana is the slightest concern in cata the nelf racial is unequivocally better
Edited by Deepwounds on 12/4/2010 10:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I like my racial. :3
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
Like if you want to raid etc and min/max stats, Night Elf is best due to the dodge.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Human for threat, NElf for miss racial. Everything else falls below those two, by varying degrees.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Probably Night Elf or Human. Personally I'd say Human.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Warrior
Only use stoneform when fighting rogues or Dks(and sometimes desperate attempts at try to mitigate damage while tanking.) Honestly go Human or maybe Worg.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Definitely elf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]