What is Seal of Righteousness good for?

85 Troll Druid
I use Seal of Insight for tanking and Seal of Truth for Ret. Am I doin it wrong?
Reply Quote
Insight for tanking? No faith in your healers?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It cleaves as ret
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/05/2010 8:37 AMPosted by Criceto

I used insight moreso for the mana regen, but the self-heals kind of made me assume it was for tanking. Am I wrong?
Reply Quote
12/05/2010 8:47 AMPosted by Outiluke
12/05/2010 8:37 AMPosted by Criceto

I used insight moreso for the mana regen, but the self-heals kind of made me assume it was for tanking. Am I wrong?

How can you possibly have mana issues with Judgements of the Wise?

The seal is more for holy paladins so they can can judge to get some sort of mana back seeing they destroyed Plea for us.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

The seal is more for holy paladins so they can can judge to get some sort of mana back seeing they destroyed Plea for us.

I don't really have mana problems unless it's a MASSIVE pull. With insight, I never have mana problems no matter what. And my strikes heal myself, less stress on the healer.

What is the benefit of using righteousness over insight for tanking?
Edited by Outiluke on 12/5/2010 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Paladin
I would assume it is to add more dps to the Prot pally. Given a raid environment, I would wonder if the heal you receive from Insight will be over healing more often then not. If that is the case, the extra dps may help.

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I play ret, for pve pvp.
seal of righteousness is good for anything that will die before you get 5 stacks of censure
leveling and 5 man dungeons is where SoR will shine all other situations it's Truth. for tanking you use truth in most situations. people will say it's for AoE?!? Well yes and no, yes the cleave is for aoe but the cleave damage is so low that there is no effective reason to change seals, compared to your aoe spells (holy wrath, consecrate, divine storm)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2010 8:59 AMPosted by Outiluke

I don't really have mana problems unless it's a MASSIVE pull. With insight, I never have mana problems no matter what. And my strikes heal myself, less stress on the healer.

What is the benefit of using righteousness over insight for tanking?

I believe Seal of Truth is commonly used for tanking. It's a lot more threat compared to Seal of Insight, especially because one can get the glyph for a bonus of +10 Expertise skill. Of course, SoI could be used if damage/threat is irrelevant and when every little bit of healing helps...
Reply Quote
44 Tauren Paladin
I prefer Seal of Freshness. It envelops the enemy in a thick plastic film, suffocating them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/05/2010 8:41 AMPosted by Pfalzdraco
It cleaves as ret

have you ever taken a look at exactly how much it cleaves for? If you haven't, you should.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Insight -- soloing hard things, PVP

Righteousness -- trash mobs, short boss fights (such as in 5-man dungeons that you overgear), boss fights with tricky mechanics that don't allow you consistent time on target on the boss

Truth -- long single-target boss fights, dueling rogues
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's mostly for leveling. For ret, it's a very small dps increase against multiple targets via seals of command, but not really enough to bother switching seals for, imo. In pvp the tiny cleave attached to it makes it a cc-wrecker and thus entirely unusable.

I use truth in most situations; insight for hard soloing, and justice occasionally in pvp. Righteousness doesn't really have a strong role.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 12:41 AMPosted by Malthazar
i'm using the glyph that grant me expertise while truth is activated.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought it was mostly for trash in dungeons.
Reply Quote
I think the new Righteousness is trash. I want my old Seal of Command back.

Actually, I want a seal that practically just doesn't suck completely anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Righteousness will be for up front threat when things start to die too fast truth only over takes Righteousness after its has an average of 15secs on target. You should not have any mana problems if you are speced prot plus you have divine plea witch i have not used very much since patch dropped. Ret should use it for AoE because it cleaves and i think the 15 sec rule applies for Ret Dps as well. As for the ppl who are mad about the Quote "Trash seals" Roll some thing else its stupid easy to lvl now. Also God forbid if you need to learn how to play you class again i know its a lot to ask, for most of the player base to to take 30mins out of your trade trolling time to go read a guide on how to play your class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]