Prot Leveling?

86 Tauren Paladin
So I just came back to WoW about a month ago after taking a 2 year hiatus. I have leveled a couple of toons to 90 now and I just started leveling this toon. I have always played it Prot, but I must say that so far leveling this toon Prot has been a TERRIBLE experience. I quite literally have to pull 15-20 mobs to even make it worth killing anything. I have read they nerfed tank DPS, but OMG. Is there anything I can do short of rolling ret (maybe I'll get lucky and have a 2 hander drop)? Just curious if it's even worth sticking it out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't quest as prot or pull 20 mobs at a time. Quest mobs are weak, they do very little damage (especially the ones in the first zone of an expansion; they're tuned for people who aren't in that expansion's gear) and if a tank is taking very little damage they are getting no vengeance which is the primary force behind your damage.

Your gear is also really not suited for questing, nor for being a prot paladin. You've got old tanking gear, and the new gear you have is tanking gear, which means you have zero haste, which paladins need.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Prot leveling is about as fast as Ret. And yes, pulling 20 mobs is still viable. Even with no vengeance, just the sheer AoE will equal's Ret single target DPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]