Adding Abilities to Mounts?

90 Pandaren Warrior
I just had a thought. What if Blizzard were to add specific types of abilities to mounts? They could even give the same abilities to the same "types" of mounts (wyvern vs dragon vs animal vs mechanical, etc). Things like "sprint", "evasion", "invisibility", etc. Nothing game breaking of course, but something to spark new life into the hundreds of mounts that players have now.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
03/25/2014 11:40 AMPosted by Aaro
I just had a thought.

Okay.

Nothing game breaking of course

Still following.

Things like "sprint", "evasion", "invisibility", etc.

Wut?

Thoughts?

No...
Edited by Veranolth on 3/25/2014 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Reading through how other games are putting more emphasis on mounts than WoW, I really like some of the ideas and was wondering what other players thought. The "abilities" the mounts get could be anything really. But you can take it a step further too, why not allow players to customize their mounts? Color, armor, gear, weapons, I don't know. How about a double or triple jump for a land-mount? There are so many possibilities!
Reply Quote
Things like "sprint", "evasion", "invisibility",

Are game breaking... Ill pass
Reply Quote
Sure, I'd like to do something other then wait a few mins to get to my destination after pressing my num lock (to keep moving without me steering it) key and alt tabbing to Reddit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
03/25/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Gunstarr
Things like "sprint", "evasion", "invisibility",

Are game breaking... Ill pass

Okay, bad example. But wouldn't it be interesting if your mounts had stats, or skills/abilities, rather than just a unique graphic that all behave the exact same way?
Reply Quote
Nope.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm going to say no to mounts having abilities, however...

03/25/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Aaro
But you can take it a step further too, why not allow players to customize their mounts? Color, armor, gear, weapons, I don't know.

This has some merit. Although I wouldn't go so far as to allow players to alter colour or armour since that obsolete several mounts that are just colour variants of others, I could see them introducing "trophies" which could be displayed in specific areas of your armour/weapon, or on your mount.
Edited by Bearsen on 3/25/2014 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Is this WoW or Mario Kart?

Dear Blizzard can we have Power up mushrooms and turtle shells you can throw?

Oh wait....
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
lol the whole jousting thing wasnt too popular in ToC, so I don't think this will fly.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
03/25/2014 11:55 AMPosted by Bearsen
trophies

I want to put a pinup girl on my Dreadsteed. Also, sunglasses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]