Celestalon on Ret Pally's

5 Draenei Mage
Anyway you could talk about design philosophy when approaching Retribution in WoD?
Anything in particular? Generally planning polish and tuning, but no major revision. Happy with Ret design, minus a couple tweaks. (Celestalon)

.....Ok, my knee jerk reaction to this statement is alot angrier that it should be, seeing as from where im sitting that kind of comment is laughable. From a PvE standpoint I can understand this. Its not the best but not the worst, pretty good utility (though why bring a ret pally when a holy pally has the same utility with better role execution.....but thats besides the point).
But from a PvP point of view I gotta say jumping jesus christ there is no way that statement could be taken at face value, right? I get that CC is being toned down but I' not confident that a blanket cc withdrawal will do anything to the current underwhelming state of ret pallies. Maybe I'm wrong but what do others read into that statement,
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
well I think he is right since battle fatigue won't exist in WoD.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I think he means they're happy with ret mechanics and the feel of our playstyle. Our rotation is fluid, our cooldowns are dynamic, our damage and utility are in a good spot.

It's important to remember most of our PVP problems stem from absurdly high battle fatigue (inhibits our team utility and survival) and our susceptibility to CC (inhibits our ability to land kills), both of which will be minimized in WoD. Personally I'm VERY happy they aren't revamping ret like they did throughout Cata.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I mean, how many times can you remake a class? Cata added hp and rng. MoP took away that rng and put in a talent and added hp generators. Both are pretty major revisions. Not to mention making the class viable in dps in the transition from Vanilla to BC to Wrath.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
I'm quite satisfied with how Ret functions right now so the fact that they have no major plans to change things is fine by me. I'm with the people who are hopeful Ret can be fixed not by changing Ret but by changing PVP.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Our mechanics and playstyle are quite solid. Its other factors now that are hurting us that arent related to our mechanics specifically.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]