Arena 0pt bug?

100 Undead Monk
03/28/2014 03:51 PMPosted by Stormlashx
Look @ venrukis stream, some teams are winning and getting +15-20 pts, but when they lose they dont lose any pts.

Yeah, our MMR would increase, even on a loss against Venruki. And then we beat him one time, each gain 20pts. Went 1-2 with them, still net points.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
1954 CR (us) queued into 1970 CR team (enemy) 2-0 against them, awarded 0 rating.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Looking into this.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
the burning kitty has spoken.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
03/28/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Lore
Looking into this.

Not sure if you're allowed to answer this Lore, but would a rating-reset be out of the question here?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
given how Lore has been in the past, he will probably let us know once he, or they, find out what the issue is. at the same time, he will more than likely explain what could or will happen once it has been resolved.
Edited by Notorious on 3/28/2014 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Lore, are you actually going to restore points and rating or are we sunk?

I'll anticipate the worst, given incomptency is Blizzard's mode d'etre.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
03/28/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Notorious
given how Lore has been in the past, he will probably let us know once he, or they, find out what the issue is. at the same time, he will more than likely explain what could or will happen once it has been resolved.

Yeah that's true, I guess I'll just have to be patient
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
omg lore hi

ur cat is so cute omg

OMG LORE <3333

DO YOU LIKE POTATOES ?????
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
4 hours later...

Blizzard has now noticed the problem and JUST started to look into it.

Wonderful.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
03/28/2014 06:56 PMPosted by Aorris
4 hours later...

Wonderful.

Lore is basically the only GM who views the PVP forums, and he's not on all day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
^^^^^
finally found a comp and good people to run with today

but then blizzard is just like no no no push 4 u
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
03/28/2014 06:56 PMPosted by Aorris
4 hours later...

Wonderful.

Holinka was aware of it a few hours ago, relax mate.
Reply Quote
94 Human Priest
https://twitter.com/holinka

last few updates

what xd
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
i don't think Holinka really understands that the people who have been gaining rating while not losing rating are going to be ridiculously inflated. which means the MMR system will only be worse when this is "resolved."

s15 could end up being the child of s9 and s11.

may God help us all.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
03/28/2014 07:11 PMPosted by Notorious
i don't think Holinka really understands that the people who have been gaining rating while not losing rating are going to be ridiculously inflated. which means the MMR system will only be worse when this is "resolved."

s15 could end up being the child of s9 and s11.

may God help us all.

Or everyone will just keep queueing, issue will resolve itself, just as the first day MMR bug. People that didn't keep queueing from 1st day were actually just reset.

Anyone who was lucky enough to gain points they shouldn't have will just be farmed back down to where they belong. End result: ladder should inflate slightly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
03/28/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Notryan

last few updates

what xd

rofl this bs again
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

just read the tweets
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We recently implemented a hotfix to address a bug that allowed Personal Ratings to exceed Matchmaking Rating. As a result, some players may notice that they do not gain or lose Personal Rating in the wake of a match. As more matches are played, these ratings will normalize and converge to the correct rating, and Personal Rating will then rise or drop accordingly.

In the meantime, we will continue to monitor the situation and make further adjustments if necessary.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I dont like this 'hotfix' at all. Winning 0 points on a long game literally makes me want to throw my monitor through a window. Can u not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]