Realm Best CM titles

90 Blood Elf Monk
Realm Best Titles: There are extremely limited titles that are held by the players who hold the best clear time for a given dungeon on a given server. Since those Challenge dungeons will no longer be available in Warlords of Draenor, their respective titles are also being permanently removed. There will be new Challenge dungeons in the upcoming Warlords season, and new titles for which to contend, however.

Does this mean I will lose my title(s)? If so ill make another post asking for that to not be the case. I worked hard for some of my times and it is will be meaningless with nothing to show for it if they're removed so why should I bother doing times anymore? Idc that much about them but I had planned to have them all before CMs were removed.

EDIT:

@Sensashuns Completely removed. Those titles reflect being #1 while the CMs are active. When they aren't available, the title has no meaning

Source: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/451428809896497152

we must rally this is unacceptable....darkmaster is perhaps coolest title in game you can't just go removing it willy nilly!

Yes these titles will be from when they are active but people have had months in advance that CMs were going away, if they wanted to compete for times they could! This specially unfair for region best times, top 10 or so should keep the titles. The hours it took to obtain them...the nightmare of SH.....
Edited by Tenby on 4/2/2014 4:33 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Priest
04/02/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Tenby

Does this mean I will lose my title(s)?

Yes, that's exactly what this means. I think it's kind of ridiculous that those of us who have earned these titles won't be able to keep them. What's the difference between these titles and realm first raid titles? (ie: Celestial Defender, Death's Demise, etc)
90 Pandaren Monk
04/02/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Destram
04/02/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Tenby

Does this mean I will lose my title(s)?

Yes, that's exactly what this means. I think it's kind of ridiculous that those of us who have earned these titles won't be able to keep them. What's the difference between these titles and realm first raid titles? (ie: Celestial Defender, Death's Demise, etc)

There is no difference.... Blizzard flip flops on so much crap it isn't even funny....These should under no circumstance be taken from the players that earn them, and the only people who disagree with that are people without the ability to get them.
99 Troll Rogue
What's the difference between these titles and realm first raid titles? (ie: Celestial Defender, Death's Demise, etc)

There isn't one and its worth noting that Blizzard hasn't done one of those realm first raid titles in almost 2 expansions now.
100 Human Warlock
It is absurd that these titles are being taken away. With Blizz logic that you cannot run them anymore, the titles should be gone, then we should remove all past items/mounts/titles that are no longer attainable? To all those who got their realm best time for these and basically be told by Blizz, "What you have done is pointless and a complete waste of time."
100 Pandaren Priest
04/02/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Fierydemise
What's the difference between these titles and realm first raid titles? (ie: Celestial Defender, Death's Demise, etc)

There isn't one and its worth noting that Blizzard hasn't done one of those realm first raid titles in almost 2 expansions now.

Correct, but when these achievements were no longer attainable they didn't just remove the title,. THAT'S the point I was trying to make.

Also, tell Arokard that he smells like tacos and the zoo.
Edited by Destram on 4/2/2014 12:58 PM PDT
91 Undead Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12372067373?page=1#7

this would be a more elegant solution imo
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
This outrages me more than any change Blizzard has ever implemented in all the years I've been playing. I'm generally the kind of person who just accepts what happens and goes with the flow, but this time I feel incredibly slighted.

My group didn't just "accidentally" take the titles we have and then were just happy to have them. We spent countless hours working and striving to take these titles. Looking for BiS gear and practicing. We started very late, so we had to work against people who had far more experience than us in CMs. Even now we still try to improve our times to get closer to the world top times.

Now the weekends we set aside just to get these titles and the many days and runs we did to get our best gear possible are all wasted.

We hadn't even finished trying for all 9 yet and now my team is utterly demoralized. This sapped the most fun we'd been having in the game since the launch of the expansion. Doing these CM runs was a big part of making sure we didn't get burnt out before Warlords of Draenor, as we continue to work on heroic Siege.
90 Undead Warlock
This makes absolutely no sense. There are much better solutions that would keep many more people happy.

If Blizzard is going to keep using the word "Season" and keep on comparing this to arena then why don't they take a page from their own book and let the people with the top 1% - 0.5% times on each realm receive and keep the title permanently when the expansion is over? It would keep people competitive as the expansion draws to a close and make CMs relevant.

This is seriously short-sighted and I hope it gets changed because as it stands, CMs will become irrelevant once WoD has been out a month instead of being a fun way to compete with other groups on your realm.
100 Tauren Paladin
I currently don't hold a CM tittle, but I am genuinely uneasy about the tittles being removed. I know how much work my guild is putting into these CM's and I can see how excited they have been about knocking out some realm best tittles. To be honest I haven't seen our guild forums so light up in such a long time. If people are going to put weeks or more like months into achieving these realm best tittles, shouldn't the tittles stay?
Edited by Cheeseynacho on 4/4/2014 11:46 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
That was back in February :(

Edit: Post I was replying to deleted.
Edited by Cryoxene on 4/2/2014 3:45 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
04/02/2014 02:16 PMPosted by Crooklyn
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12372067373?page=1#7

this would be a more elegant solution imo

Poor non-disc priests.
100 Troll Priest
Removing the titles entirely sure seems like a mistake.
100 Troll Warlock

The Realm First raid titles were awarded when the "no special snowflake" crowd hadn't completely drowned out any level of individual accomplishment in the game. There was no special title for Realm First heroic Lich King because by that point the design philosophy had shifted to the notion of everyone can get everything and prestige is only for getting it earlier than others, you've had it before everyone else, and you should be happy with that as its' own reward, etc..

It's the same reason Meta achievement mounts are left in now rather than being removed.

The slippery slope keeps sliding on down. Up next rank one arena titles will be removed at the end of the season after they were earned. You can't be allowed to have something that everyone can't have.
100 Troll Priest
^ Agree with Bouleau 100%. A lot of people have worked really hard across servers to obtain them.
90 Blood Elf Monk
The great Bouleau in my thread!

Edit: I transferred just to get these titles (not that I needed to because I can't get a time but because my friends are on this server) so my money was wasted :(
Edited by Tenby on 4/2/2014 4:09 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
This really makes zero sense. As far as I'm aware - titles were originally added to add some incentive to challenge modes outside of obtaining 9/9 gold. Many groups have put countless hours into obtaining their titles and to have them completely removed would be a shame. Not to mention that we're essentially deleting some of the coolest titles in the game.
Edited by Amity on 4/2/2014 4:12 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Reposted from another thread, but I would rather have "cut off" predetermined times for keeping the title.

They can be fast times (far faster than my current times), but they should be achievable by most classes (of course with lots of effort) and would solve a lot of the problems with other solutions. Conversely there's no elegant way to make it % based or region ranking based due to the way the groups work.

Would be simple yet something few people could do, even with some effort - you'd have to have a whole different level to get, say, a 6:00 Scarlet Halls versus an 8:00 time.

---

I agree that a good way to keep the titles for good beats removing them, but honestly the "realm first keeps it" is so in-elegant that I would rather have them removed than the former system. Keep in mind, it's NOT a realm first raid race, it's a timer-based race with months of advance time. It's not so conducive to "realm first," seeing as the competition can be extremely negative for months as well as more focused on "stealing" times from lower-pop realms than ever.
Edited by Lifespark on 4/2/2014 4:34 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]