Realm Best CM titles

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/03/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Volb
I'm sorry but I can't help but point this out, your "fierce competitors" equates to who?

As I've noted earlier in this thread, my group is not done with CMs. We didn't get to finish our title runs. The times you see for us on the leaderboard were times we took by pretty much entire accidents while we practiced.

Now, if you look at Scholomance for Fenris/Dragonblight, you see will an offserver carry group and one person from our realm. For the realm best time, the tank was paid and the rest were people from our server. That is one of our competitors. Another would be the entire guild of Unrivaled. Is the competition fierce? Yes, but you don't main on Fenris/Dragonblight and did not see our server forums before the threads were deleted. We're Fenris players, not high-pop players. To us, this IS competitive.

I don't make claims to have world best times, so don't try to trap me into saying I did. However, it's a fallacy to assume our times are all terrible, because none of our actual title run times are leaderboarded. We reset before we kill the final boss if the time isn't low enough for our liking. Our plan was to practice till we were confident in our lowest possible times then make them official over a span of a week.

But even if I lose my titles, all I want is the chance to compete for them. And I don't want the people ahead of me to lose them either.

EDIT: Also, let's not send this thread spiraling into a calling-out fest based on who's times are "low enough to deserve titles in the first place". My team's times are not earth shattering even on the ones we don't make official, but we are working on them every. single. week. I've made a point not to look at anyone's times in this thread. If they earned a title, I don't care what time they did it in, they earned it on their server fair and square.
Edited by Cryoxene on 4/3/2014 11:56 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
04/03/2014 10:31 AMPosted by Digerati
[quote]@WatcherDev Why remove CM titles cus they are "useless" in next expansion but we still have Rank 1 gladitator titles after 5 years? #nosense

@JonasSiveryd Not "useless," but mean different things. Rank 1 title awarded only at end of season; CM titles only while season is active.

Besides today, where did you ever say that the titles were only while the season was active? You pretty much sold all of us out. People have gone over all gold/time they've put in because you dangled these amazing things in front of us for amazing amounts of work.

You, Blizzard, screwed this up. You shouldn't punish us because of your failure. Suck it up and make this right. Then change how things are because of this screw up. One CM "seaons" being a specific way doesn't mean they all have to be the same. Realm first titles switch at ICC, arena titles switched recently to how they are awarded etc, nothing is set in stone in this game and to use that as "the" reason to not make this right is just pathetic.
90 Human Paladin
04/03/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Volb
I'm sorry but I can't help but point this out, your "fierce competitors" equates to who?

EDIT: Also, let's not send this thread spiraling into a calling-out fest based on who's times are "low enough to deserve titles in the first place". My team's times are not earth shattering even on the ones we don't make official, but we are working on them every. single. week. I've made a point not to look at anyone's times in this thread. If they earned a title, I don't care what time they did it in, they earned it on their server fair and square.

apologies for the call out, didn't have intentions of posting in this thread to begin with since I care so little about the topic. Good luck to everyone with your negotiations.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Or make it fair and give all CM gold members the titles on default.

that defeats the entire purpose of the title...I want to keep a relic of being one of the best CM players in X dungeon, and yes this does entitle me to feel like a special snowflake. How many groups currently have a below 4 minute SH run? 2 in the US....how many groups have below a 3 minute run? one in the EU...oh my dear Kloster just give him all the titles I mean really

edit: I also don't think anyone with the fos should get the achievement...in a carry we've gotten someone 3 titles before lol...

It is a temporary title, you knew this when you got it. The moment someone beats your time you lost it. So lets say you want keep your Darkmaster title, and blizzard decides you can, then an hour before the server goes down and they remove CM's in MoP someone blows through Scholomance and blows your time out of the water, taking the title forever.

I do not mean to sound arrogant when I say this but when we finish getting all of our titles, unless Nerthfu or Charmander's groups transfer here, we will keep them....it isn't possible to snipe the times the night before because that simply isn't enough time...we dedicated multiple days to scholo and SH, the only two instances we consider ourselves "done" with for the moment
Edited by Tenby on 4/3/2014 12:07 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
Not sure how you can can decide anyone's times/titles were not legitimate (Blizzard thinks everyone's times weren't though) since the titles were character specific and some people that don't play the "right" classes wanted it on their mains.

The times I received weren't very good regionally, but well under gold with a moonkin, ret, prot pala, and resto druid. You should get a statue in-game just for getting gold with some of these classes, especially melee dps, scale down and play so poorly after class changes throughout the expac that it's a joke. Full BiS cmode gear moonkin ~= boosted 90 destro lock/hunter lol.
Edited by Dolson on 4/3/2014 12:00 PM PDT
...it isn't possible to snipe the times the night before because that simply isn't enough time...we dedicated multiple days to scholo and SH, the only two instances we consider ourselves "done" with for the moment.

It's a commonly ignored point in this thread that none of our teams were ever "done" with our titles. Not even the ones we already hold. Everyone I've spoken to says they had plenty of plans to tighten up their own times lower and lower for the next coming months.

It amuses me when people talk about sniped titles because it just doesn't work. My group's times are, compared to region best, very slow. But we still had plans to take full minutes off even our quickest runs. We can get a hell of a lot better in 4-5 months than my barely 30+ CMs to date show me at now. Who knows where we'd be by the 6.0 mark? The US best time for Scholomance is 6m 28s. The realm best for title on Fenris/Dragonblight is 12m 27s. My group isn't aiming to beat 12m, our initial goal is for a sub 8 minute run and then we planned to tighten it further. We refuse to leaderboard till we can run that fast, because then we know we've put in substantially more effort than other people on our server.
Edited by Cryoxene on 4/3/2014 12:13 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Shaman
i kill boss
90 Night Elf Druid
WHY!!!! are realms fastest timed challenge mode runs title's going AWAY! people have put HUGE amounts of time into this and it MASSIVELY devaluing and a huge slap in players who are amazing enough to get such a huge feet of strength to just go and say thanks! The reward wasn't the title! (whisper softly) It was just the ability to compete. To me this is the equivalent of saying hey nice Heroic Garrosh title SORRY its going away because A NEW RAID IS COMING! Or taking away those who in vanilla got the AQ mount SORRY GUYS new mounts are coming!
Game Designer
We do recognize the effort and skill that went into seeking and obtaining realm-best times in the current Challenge Mode season. As noted above, the titles were a mid-season addition this time around, and we did not do a great job of setting expectations and ground rules for how they would be handled going forward. Because the competitive landscape was already well-established going into patch 5.4 when the titles became available, setting a record time was particularly challenging, and anyone who managed to set a realm-best time has accomplished something worthy of lasting recognition. We are going to add a new title, Mistwalker, which will be awarded in patch 6.0 to any character who earned one of the “Challenge Master” Feats of Strength during the Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode season (this title will not be account-wide).

The dungeon-specific titles will still be removed in patch 6.0 as previously announced. As setting record times for a fresh slate of dungeons will not initially be nearly as difficult (by definition the first group to complete a given Challenge Mode in Warlords will have the best time on their realm), we will not be awarding any permanent titles for setting record times in Warlords. There will be a new set of dungeon-specific titles for Warlords Challenge Modes, which will indicate the current record holder(s) on a server, and which will be removed if and when that Challenge season ends.
90 Night Elf Druid
04/03/2014 12:40 PMPosted by Watcher
We do recognize the effort and skill that went into seeking and obtaining realm-best times in the current Challenge Mode season. As noted above, the titles were a mid-season addition this time around, and we did not do a great job of setting expectations and ground rules for how they would be handled going forward. Because the competitive landscape was already well-established going into patch 5.4 when the titles became available, setting a record time was particularly challenging, and anyone who managed to set a realm-best time has accomplished something worthy of lasting recognition. We are going to add a new title, Mistwalker, which will be awarded in patch 6.0 to any character who earned one of the “Challenge Master” Feats of Strength during the Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode season (this title will not be account-wide).

The dungeon-specific titles will still be removed in patch 6.0 as previously announced. As setting record times for a fresh slate of dungeons will not initially be nearly as difficult (by definition the first group to complete a given Challenge Mode in Warlords will have the best time on their realm), we will not be awarding any permanent titles for setting record times in Warlords. There will be a new set of dungeon-specific titles for Warlords Challenge Modes, which will indicate the current record holder(s) on a server, and which will be removed if and when that Challenge season ends.

This is better, but still not good.

Reason 1). This means if you first did a CM before anyone even on bronze (within your server) you got the feet of strength which is now meaningless and you inherit a reward for it.
2). THE TITLES ARE COOL AND WE DON'T WANT MISTWALKER TITLES! WE DID IT FOR THE COOL UNIQUE TITLES WE EARNED!
3). A lot of people have the feet of strength instead of just those 5 with the realm fastest title meaning this devalues the title, and on a larger scale THE LADDER BOARD AS A WHOLE! Hey people who got top 20 lets all give you rewards like your #1!

I understand the system didn't have ground rule or guidelines when you built it but it feels EXTREMELY PUNISHING because a lot of us had the expectation THAT WE WOULD KEEP THE TITLES AS IS IF WE ENDED THE SEASON WITH THEM!
90 Blood Elf Monk
Mistwalker

really?

edit: sorry I don't want to sound ingreatful but really? awesome dungeon titles than we get mistwalker? what is this? just say April fools already plz

edit again: like really? I'm glad you guys are listening to the feedback but this was the solution? really? are you trolling me? mistwalker??????

edit: you can't give us a knock off title for each one or something? have one fos we all get the same one title? really? this was the solution? can't be different for different feats? Or idk something so cool you wouldn't mind losing 9 awesome titles for it

EDIT: MISTWALKER ARE YOU TROLLING ME RIGHT NOW?

EDIT: how does this help to fix any of the issues that have been presented the last 10 or 11 or 12 idk what number forum page we are on....

MISTWALKER? mistwalker tenby
Edited by Tenby on 4/3/2014 12:56 PM PDT
We are going to add a new title, Mistwalker, which will be awarded in patch 6.0 to any character who earned one of the “Challenge Master” Feats of Strength during the Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode season (this title will not be account-wide).

Okay this is a minor compromise and a step in the right direction, but it still doesn't really address things correctly. We like the titles we have, we don't want a new catchall one. If we worked ourselves to the bone for Darkmaster, we want Darkmaster. If someone wants Jade Protector, same goes for them. Those are the titles we competed for.

I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining here; you're really ruining this for us. It still ends the CM season today for most people in this thread, when we could have kept running happily as can be till the end of the season.

we will not be awarding any permanent titles for setting record times in Warlords

I will say this now, that's a bad idea. CMs lose all replayability when you do things like that. How badly did these titles really affect the system to swing so wildly out to removing any chance of permanent titles at all from realm best CMs? What is a season for then? Even hearthstone gives rewards for making it higher in ranked play now with the cardbacks. When you foster competition, people need to "win" something.
Edited by Cryoxene on 4/3/2014 12:50 PM PDT
Mistrunner if you have all 9 FoS please :))))))))
100 Pandaren Monk
Cyroxene is exactly right. This is not enough this is going to absolutely break CM competition. Mistwalker is not Purified defender. scarlet commander, or Defender of the wall. I worked hard for these. We all did and you need to fix this. I have no reason next expansion to put days of work in for things that will just be ripped from me. Heck If you go through with this I'll also need you to remove gladiator mounts and any previous title that I can no longer get. Since you know. They don't matter now that it's the next expansion.
44 Human Rogue
always bet on black
90 Troll Mage
Oh joy...now those who wanted those awesome titles get...
Mistwalker
...Uhh that is the name of a Pandaren Spec for healing, NOT A FLAKING TITLE!
90 Night Elf Druid
04/03/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Shirudo
Cyroxene is exactly right. This is not enough this is going to absolutely break CM competition. Mistwalker is not Purified defender. scarlet commander, or Defender of the wall. I worked hard for these. We all did and you need to fix this. I have no reason next expansion to put days of work in for things that will just be ripped from me. Heck If you go through with this I'll also need you to remove gladiator mounts and any previous title that I can no longer get. Since you know. They don't matter now that it's the next expansion.

+1
90 Troll Druid
What's going with the development of challenge modes? When they were first implemented the plan seemed like keeping them indefinitely, by continuing to scale players back to 463. Why wouldn't you freeze 5.1 class mechanics as well and give everyone the same gear to make this a real competition? No effort was put into maintaining CM balance, probably because that would take away from raids, but I was under the impression that the dev team had grown significantly in Mists. You're not doing very well establishing competitive PVE.

Also keeping titles character specific makes 0 sense, as you've acknowledged that class balance is extremely poor at the high end of the spectrum with these CM record times. Why reroll to the best spec just for a title you can't use on your main? I thought the idea in Mists was to break down barriers making people more hesitant to multiclass, such as char specific achievements and mounts. Why are you moving backwards?

Mistwalker is a very nice addition - thank you - but what level of competitiveness are you expecting for temporary rewards? Certainly no one will dedicate the same amount of time or effort they did this expansion.
Edited by Dolson on 4/3/2014 1:06 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Monk
04/03/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Arold
Mistrunner if you have all 9 FoS please :))))))))
90 Troll Druid
04/03/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Parthmakeyo
Oh joy...now those who wanted those awesome titles get...
Mistwalker
...Uhh that is the name of a Pandaren Spec for healing, NOT A FLAKING TITLE!

*mistweaver is a monk spec and I'm sure many monks will enjoy the title
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]