Realm Best CM titles

1 Orc Warrior
Playing a bit of devils advocate here, but looking at it from Blizzards perspective would be required to know their true intentions with the titles.

If we compare them to realm first titles we loose traction in the argument when we get to the fact that there is but one chance at a realm first. Once it has been achieved it's done there is no more competition for it. CMs have run continuously the whole xpac thus giving tons of opportunities to achieve the best times. If that title can be ever changing then logic would allow for the assumption that once it can no longer be competed for it may no longer exist. I can see where people would say the title should remain a permanganate fixture to the last holder but doing that and taking it away entirely both make about the same amount of sense. It really just comes down to which way your perspective on it is facing.

Blizz stops the "season" so they also pack up the roaming title that can go from person to person.

Player ends the "season" with the best rank so they want to take said title home with them.

Think of it like the Xgames where they have the "hot seat". The chair where who ever with the best score sits until someone takes hat seat with a better score, it's usually by the TV commentators. The Xgames winner never takes that actual (comparable to the CM title) seat home with them, they take a gold, silver or bronze medal.

So while letting people keep the titles is what i think they should do, taking stuff away from the game sucks adding it is always better. I can see how they ended up with the conclusion that Blizzard did.
90 Blood Elf Monk
04/02/2014 04:34 PMPosted by Lifenite
Playing a bit of devils advocate here, but looking at it from Blizzards perspective would be required to know their true intentions with the titles.

If we compare them to realm first titles we loose traction in the argument when we get to the fact that there is but one chance at a realm first. Once it has been achieved it's done there is no more competition for it. CMs have run continuously the whole xpac thus giving tons of opportunities to achieve the best times. If that title can be ever changing then logic would allow for the assumption that once it can no longer be competed for it may no longer exist. I can see where people would say the title should remain a permanganate fixture to the last holder but doing that and taking it away entirely both make about the same amount of sense. It really just comes down to which way your perspective on it is facing.

Blizz stops the "season" so they also pack up the roaming title that can go from person to person.

Player ends the "season" with the best rank so they want to take said title home with them.

Think of it like the Xgames where they have the "hot seat". The chair where who ever with the best score sits until someone takes hat seat with a better score, it's usually by the TV commentators. The Xgames winner never takes that actual (comparable to the CM title) seat home with them, they take a gold, silver or bronze medal.

So while letting people keep the titles is what i think they should do, taking stuff away from the game sucks adding it is always better. I can see how they ended up with the conclusion that Blizzard did.

I feel like this should have been said from the get go than....in that first post they said something about keeping them and now months later they are saying removed....lots of people spent lots of that time in between working on times, transferring, leveling entirely new professions and now all for what?

And why keep going for region best times now? there will be nothing to show for it...your analogy is comparing apples to oranges imo....Xgame winner is getting a medal but how many people have that medal? How many people gold CMs? (lots)
90 Human Hunter
this is total BS. Me & a few friends have worked so so so hard to get several titles & keep them & now you say we lose them? all our hard work gone?? Totally and utterly unacceptable. Sadly this wont get much attention at all.. as well the people who have the titles are very few. But this is by far one of the worst things blizzard has done.

So so so stupid.

Gg blizz Gg...
100 Orc Mage
Adding my voice to the masses that feel like I do that I should be able to keep my earned titles.
100 Blood Elf Mage
Removal of these titles makes no sense. Why remove something promoting competition?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So all the time and effort we put into improving times and countless hours spent in the instance and farming mats / professions are wasted... come on blizzard... please don't !@#$ us.
Edited by Threlin on 4/2/2014 5:02 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think it's a terrible idea to remove them, even though I personally only have one.

It makes little sense to me considering that the transmog gear, the undaunted title, and the mounts will no longer be available because it is no longer relevant when WoD hits. However, to the people who push for top realm times, and have spent the time and effort to complete them to earn their titles, it is extremely unfair.

I was planning on working on top realm times, and was in the middle of my realm team (after trying really hard to get people interested mind you) getting the last of their gear so we could knock it out. Now there is no point, so I don't even want to bother.

I was looking forward to having a flame weaver title =(

I really hope Blizz changes their minds on this.
100 Orc Hunter
So after spending days upon days in some of these places... we get nothing to show of it, other then an additional FOS?? They need to keep the titles AND the achs, not just the achs...

If they are going to get rid of the times, get rid of the FOS achs for having them.
100 Troll Mage
We put many hours of work into obtaining competitive times and having the titles removed kills the entire reason we started working on them.

The fact that people who don't have the titles and don't have much of a shot at even obtaining them think removing them is a mistake should speak for itself.

While a lot of aspects of this CM season have been flawed, continuing the trend by ending it on this note is really sad.
100 Tauren Druid
Removing realm best titles is so stupid, i was excited to make a realm best team, but this shattered my desire to do any challenge modes at all, what harm is there in promoting exciting competitive realm play before the end of the expansion? What harm is there in 5 persons per server having a special title to prove their past deeds?
90 Orc Warrior
Realm first CM titles are a joke. If they couldn't be achieved cross-realm I would be okay with them staying and I would also likely give a hoot but as is who gives a damn?
100 Troll Mage
04/02/2014 05:29 PMPosted by Xiic
Realm first CM titles are a joke. If they couldn't be achieved cross-realm I would be okay with them staying and I would also likely give a hoot but as is who gives a damn?
At least 3 people from a server are required to obtain a realm best time for that server.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Just gonna add my 2c to this thread even though I spoke my mind in another.

I currently hold two US 1st times for challenge modes. I find them to be incredibly fun even with the rng associated with some pulls and professions. I love the competition associated with them - on stormrage alone a second guild group would literally exchange realm best each day as we both got better and better.

If there were no titles there would be zero incentive to do anything but golds now which sort of defeats the whole atmosphere blizzard was initially gunning for with challenge modes. They wanted them to be competitive and removing the only reward for better times makes them a slightly harder heroic dungeon that you will complete once and never again for some transmog.

May as well just scrap the idea completely and build it into flex or something. I know I wont be going hard next expac if this is the road they wish to take with CMs. Complete joke and incredibly disrespectful being lied to our faces about keeping the titles back in February.
100 Troll Mage
Oh, but you know what the official response if any will be. "We never officially said the titles would be permanent."
90 Human Warrior
Getting the titles was fun, I really don't see the logic behind them being removed. Ruins a special thing that many have worked hard to get. Most in this thread have summed up my feelings on the matter. Now there is no point to running these, would've been a reason to keep my sub going.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
should of just set a hard time and date to lock the titles + given Feats
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/02/2014 04:33 PMPosted by Lifespark
Reposted from another thread, but I would rather have "cut off" predetermined times for keeping the title.

They can be fast times (far faster than my current times), but they should be achievable by most classes (of course with lots of effort) and would solve a lot of the problems with other solutions. Conversely there's no elegant way to make it % based or region ranking based due to the way the groups work.

Would be simple yet something few people could do, even with some effort - you'd have to have a whole different level to get, say, a 6:00 Scarlet Halls versus an 8:00 time.

---

I agree that a good way to keep the titles for good beats removing them, but honestly the "realm first keeps it" is so in-elegant that I would rather have them removed than the former system. Keep in mind, it's NOT a realm first raid race, it's a timer-based race with months of advance time. It's not so conducive to "realm first," seeing as the competition can be extremely negative for months as well as more focused on "stealing" times from lower-pop realms than ever.

Stealing titles from lower-pop realms goes all the way back to the days of battlegroups when people played in "easier" battlegroups to get rank 1 titles.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah making these titles temporary completely removes the will to compete. Instead of adding a very interesting aspect to challenge mode, this completely destroys it.
90 Human Warlock
It seems a complete waste, and quite a shame, to have come up with such amazing and unique titles only to remove them from the game forever. I feel like the majority of the player base would agree (irregardless of how they feel about the titles remaining in the game or being removed) that these are some of the most amazing titles players have ever had access to. What good does it do anyone to make such amazing titles temporary? If they won't be reused in the future (which if they were reused would be odd in its own way), this is a horrible precedent to set.

The titles were initially put in the game to entice players to delve into challenge modes more. They weren't very popular, and they still probably aren't because of their inherent difficulty. But that was always the intention - they were supposed to be an elite challenge for players that wanted to be considered elite. This was supposed to be the content in the game that was never supposed to get nerfed. Mastering content like this, to the point where you are the best your realm has to offer, deserves something more than a feat of strength.

So you don't want people transferring around to dead servers to get titles. That's understandable. An alternative to completely removing the titles would be select a time or player percent (after removing duplicate groups) that you think deserve a permanent title for this content. This would be an idea similar to rank one PvP titles - it's permanent and it's for the best of the best in the respective arena bracket. For example the top 0.5% times in Scarlet Monastery receive the Scarlet Commander title.

If that seems too generous, another alternative would be to create a new feat of strength for players who have achieved challenge master for any or all challenge modes (realm best time). Award them a permanent title such as Pandarian Conquerer or Challenge Master. This can then follow the format of PvP title rewards. Moving forward into WoD you can then award Warlord Conquerer or something similar. I'm sure you guys can come up with better names for the titles, but you get the idea. It still awards players who put in the effort to achieve realm best something permanent without awarding people a lot of titles (getting nine amazing titles is a bit much, but surely people are deserving of one permanent title if they earn some or all challenge master feats of strength?).

A final option (my least favorite, but still an option) would be to allow players to keep the titles they earned for the next Challenge Mode season (much like people earn Gladiator in one season and get to actual use the title next season). Due to how poorly information about these titles was conveyed to the player base, it seems like there could be at least some better option than what has been proposed by Blizzard.

I'm sure in the end there can be some happy medium between completely eliminating these amazing titles and making all of them permanent forever. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater as they say.
91 Troll Druid
I agree the titles deserve to stay with who ever got the realm best.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]