More Azeroth Choppers Info

Community Manager
Earlier today, we announced the Azeroth Choppers head-to-head match-up between the Horde and Alliance, and we’re very excited to share the upcoming episodes and final bike creations with you. We saw a few questions following the announcement and wanted to take a moment to clarify things.

First, we want to make it clear that players globally will be able to vote for their favorite faction bike—either Alliance or Horde. Second, the bike that receives the most votes will then be made into a faction-specific-only mount and be available FREE to all players (usable when playing characters of the winning faction, of course). Your vote will be very important and could just be the one that lands your favorite faction a shiny new mount. If you haven’t watched the trailer yet, check it out here and stay tuned to Azerothchoppers.com for more details!
90 Pandaren Shaman
CRITHTO I LOEV YOU
90 Undead Warlock
Keep the inform flowing.
90 Gnome Warlock
04/10/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Whoops
CRITHTO I LOEV YOU
90 Draenei Shaman
Second, the bike that receives the most votes will then be made into a faction-specific-only mount and be available FREE to all players (usable when playing characters of the winning faction, of course).

This is a terrible idea. Giving a reward specifically to only one faction, with absolutely nothing equivalent to the other faction?
Edited by Yablik on 4/10/2014 5:41 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
04/10/2014 05:40 PMPosted by Yablik
Second, the bike that receives the most votes will then be made into a faction-specific-only mount and be available FREE to all players (usable when playing characters of the winning faction, of course).

This is a terrible idea.

Yeah... why even do an event. Horde will win. Just go ahead and make the bike for them and save everyone the time.
90 Human Paladin
First, we want to make it clear that players globally will be able to vote for their favorite faction bike—either Alliance or Horde. Second, the bike that receives the most votes will then be made into a faction-specific-only mount and be available FREE to all players (usable when playing characters of the winning faction, of course). Your vote will be very important and could just be the one that lands your favorite faction a shiny new mount. If you haven’t watched the trailer yet, check it out here and stay tuned to Azerothchoppers.com for more details!

We should be expecting to see the Horde bike in the Alpha files soon then?
90 Night Elf Druid
Winning side:

Choppers

Choppers Everywhere.
90 Gnome Warrior
No one is going to vote for the one they can't use, this is just a which-side-has-more-people contest. Why bother with the votes?
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Awesome update! Thank you!

But I am sort of hoping that you'll somehow make the failing mount accessible as well...

Make it something insanely difficult? Solo Challenge Mode or so? Absolutely requiring 110% of your best effort? Kanrethad pre-nerf 2.0 with a bit of a buff? O.o I would love to see both mounts in the game, but I understand the want to keep this a one-sided deal.
90 Human Priest
Well, this is now less a contest about which is mount is more cooler looking and more a contest about what faction you play. I disapprove.
90 Blood Elf Hunter

This is a terrible idea. Giving a reward specifically to only one faction, with absolutely nothing equivalent to the other faction?

04/10/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Treeba

This is a terrible idea.

Yeah... why even do an event. Horde will win. Just go ahead and make the bike for them and save everyone the time.

You have no actual sense of fun, do you? Way to kick yourselves when you're down!

-ending the discussion there, my 0.02 are on the table-
Make it so the winning bike of each faction. Not just one.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I absolutely love the idea of this miniseries, I think it's great!

But why does it have to be a voting competition at all? Why not just give both factions chopper mounts?

Doesn't make sense to me to have it be a vote. It will just be a popularity contest where everyone votes for the faction they play the most.

The guild I've been with for 6 years is Alliance, I've spent 95% of my time playing this game as Alliance.

Even if Alliance gets the mount and Horde doesn't, it doesn't mean that I would change my mind on this. I don't want Horde players to go without a mount either!

It's the 10 year anniversary of WoW in November! Give both sides a chopper mount as a gift for all these years of fun! :D

Just my thoughts. Hope that they're taken as constructive... I'm not angry. I just want to see both sides get something cool.
Edited by Vheliro on 4/10/2014 5:52 PM PDT
04/10/2014 05:47 PMPosted by Vicara
Well, this is now less a contest about which is mount is more cooler looking and more a contest about what faction you play. I disapprove.
Most likely they just want people to get involved my opinions is both alliance and horde will get the mount at the end.
90 Night Elf Mage

I agree. The race-specific ground and faction-specific flying mounts that are already in the game are fine, since they have other-faction equivalents. But a mount that only one faction can use, and the other side gets nothing? That's a really bad idea, and it's completely unfair to the side that loses. (Yes, I know, life's not fair. But WoW doesn't have to be.) I very rarely play Horde, and I'd feel bad for all those people who rarely or never play Alliance if the Horde lost. And considering how much I love my Mekgineer's Chopper, I don't want to miss out on another motorcycle mount if more people vote Horde.

I urge everyone at Blizzard who's behind this promotion to rethink the one mount idea. No matter which side gets it, I really think you're going to upset a lot of your players.
90 Draenei Shaman
04/10/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Cladriah
Make it so the winning bike of each faction. Not just one.

This is the correct answer. Everyone can get the bike, but it'll be themed for the winner of the vote. So what if Alliance people are on a Horde themed mount or vice versa? It's far better than the alternative.
As a matter of fact it would be even better if each faction had 2 choppers to choose from and the winning vote then gets made for that faction
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]