Is it not possible to balance lower levels?

80 Night Elf Druid
Unfortunately, at 85, it's not balanced either. And Hunters are only OP in the 10-14 and 15-29 brackets. After that it's a steady decline downhill as other classes continue to get tools that are far more effective to counter a Hunter, than the Hunter receives tools to counter his opponents.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/06/2010 5:58 PMPosted by Grux
WTB lower level resil sets that are really cheap on honor.

This is all I want. Make them obsolete at higher levels. Having no resilience blows.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
low level bg brackets have nothing even remotely close to balance, there are usually HUGE powerswings for certain classes when they get key abilities or talents
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Put simply, hunter is probably the last class you want to be leveling for pvp right now.
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2010 8:01 PMPosted by Atamáran
Put simply, hunter is probably the last class you want to be leveling for pvp right now.

I agree with that, but that's exactly why I'm doing it. I mentioned in another post that I really hate playing FotM/cookie cutter god-mode classes. It's ridiculously boring. I spend most of my time in the game PvPing, and I like a challenge. Aside from that, it's always fun to spend a good amount of time learning the other classes and learning their strengths/weaknesses. It's so easy now in this game to level and gear up that there's no longer time constraints on me picking a single char to stick with exclusively. So now, I'm not always in the dark (like so many others) when a class is complaining that they need to be balanced better. I can say from experience now that Hunters, even at low levels(and yes, I've done extensive PvP on the test realms as a hunter as well), are in pretty dire straits.

Someone earlier posted that from about 10-29hunters are actually pretty OP, then they begin to decline. I'll agree with that statement emphatically.

Another person said that Hunter DPS is fine, especially Survival DPS. I'll agree with that as well, as far as PvE goes. I'm having a blast playing Survival in PvE, it's a ridiculous amount of fun to me. It's also a lot of fun in PvP, but for a spec that has 'survival' in the name, it's sorely lacking in that department.

Do Hunters still put up decent numbers in BGs? Sure we do. Does that mean everything is fine in hunter world? Not even close.
Edited by Souiki on 12/7/2010 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
47 Troll Mage
Just keep leveling, lower level balance will never happen because all the work will be basically for naught, because 99% of the game population will level out of it within a few days.

Asking for too much.
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2010 7:04 AMPosted by Colderfront
Just keep leveling, lower level balance will never happen because all the work will be basically for naught, because 99% of the game population will level out of it within a few days.

Asking for too much.

I disagree, actually. It's never asking too much for the designers to keep the game balanced. Is it hard for them? clearly, it is. They've got a terrible record of keeping even end-game balanced correctly. That's still no excuse for it to have gone on for this long. There are simple fixes, even "cheesy" though they may be, as someone else put it, to keep things more fun for those of us who DO care about balance throughout the game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2010 2:40 PMPosted by Urrarg
I'll pretend to be a blue poster.

It's all balanced at 85. For 84 levels you just have to be unbalanced. That last level is the only one we do anything for, anything pre 85 isn't worth our time. Thank you for paying to play before 85.

The majority of their customers spend most of their time at the maximum level. So it would seem pretty obvious that that is blizzard invest most of their resources.
Reply Quote
12/06/2010 5:21 PMPosted by Byzanthia
12/06/2010 12:13 PMPosted by Notfrostvein
Cost benefit ratio my friend.

The amount of people they will lose if max level PvP isn't properly balanced is far and above what they lose if low level PvP isn't balanced, ergo the priority is focused on spending time and resources on level 80 (or the current max level)

That's a cheap excuse and a cop out. I don't know of a single game that makes SO MUCH MONEY yet is so incomprehensibly poor at design and understanding what players want.

if player.level<60 && target.level <60
{
player.damage=player.damage*0.6;
if player.level <30 && target.level <30 && (player.class==rogue || player.class==hunter) player.damage==player.damage*.75;
}

There, I just fixed PvP from levels 1 through 60.

Blizzard doesn't care, the dev team is incompetent.

That is horrible design.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Warrior
yeah 19-29 brackets were not balanced.
39 and 49 on the other hand (If you know wth you're doing with your gear and spec) were.

Back to the underpowered hunter (OP) your gear is seriously outdated, you probably haven't look in the AH for an upgrade since you were around level 34. You complain that other classes hit harder than you. Well I wonder why? You're expecting BOA gear alone to carry you to near top of charts while other people have taken the time to get every single peice of their gear upgraded to their current level.

To answer the question if you're underpowered? Yes, you are. Only you. Why? Your gear sucks. Go upgrade.

Edit : Lower levels, stamina = resilience. Common sense. :D
Edited by Rhodar on 12/7/2010 11:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I dont understand the problem here.

Is low level pvp broken?

Yes.

Is this game designed for low level pvp?

No.

Did you buy this game with intent on low level pvp?

Prob not.

Reply Quote
12/06/2010 2:40 PMPosted by Urrarg
I'll pretend to be a blue poster.

It's all balanced at 85. For 84 levels you just have to be unbalanced. That last level is the only one we do anything for, anything pre 85 isn't worth our time. Thank you for paying to play before 85.

It's all balanced at 85. For 84 levels you just have to be unbalanced. That last level is the only one we do anything for. Thank you for paying to play before 85.

It's all balanced at 85. For 84 levels you just have to be unbalanced. Thank you for paying to play before 85.

It's all balanced at 85. Thank you for paying to play before 85.

Thank you for paying before 85.

Seriously, Urrarg couldn't have said it better. One of the finer points of WoW used to be a some what balanced low level pvp (it's why i started playing in the first place). Now Blizzard (aka Activision) could care less about 95% of the game they made.
Edited by Glacieriana on 12/7/2010 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
i stopped at "Is not not possible"
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2010 1:08 PMPosted by Azmodawn
All I can say to that is "typos for the win". I'm sure you never make mistakes, right?
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
12/07/2010 1:13 PMPosted by Souiki
12/07/2010 1:08 PMPosted by Azmodawn
All I can say to that is "typos for the win". I'm sure you never make mistakes, right?

No. This is the internet. Professionals don't make mistakes here.
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Hunter
12/07/2010 11:31 AMPosted by Rhodar
yeah 19-29 brackets were not balanced.
39 and 49 on the other hand (If you know wth you're doing with your gear and spec) were.

Back to the underpowered hunter (OP) your gear is seriously outdated, you probably haven't look in the AH for an upgrade since you were around level 34. You complain that other classes hit harder than you. Well I wonder why? You're expecting BOA gear alone to carry you to near top of charts while other people have taken the time to get every single peice of their gear upgraded to their current level.

To answer the question if you're underpowered? Yes, you are. Only you. Why? Your gear sucks. Go upgrade.

Edit : Lower levels, stamina = resilience. Common sense. :D

"Some" of my armor is out-dated still. Not enough to make up for the difference in damage I experience. Low levels, stamina = resilience is entirely wrong, unless you're assuming that at level 61 I as a hunter can get up to 12k HP, which effectively doubles my current HP. I'm fighting against people who are in similar gear, with similar max HP/stats/etc.

I did not say in ANY way that I'm the only one who's underpowered. If you gathered that from the post, then I'll clarify that right now. There is NO ONE in this bracket, barring massively geared tanks, who even come close to even 10k HP. Most people I see have ~6-7k, yes even the plate wearers. I'm using the damage I take as an example only. If I am getting 2-3 shot, it means basically everybody else is too. If a rogue can hit me for 8k in 2 button pushes (which is a 2k overkill unbuffed on me), then he's doing it to everybody else too. That shouldn't happen. Ever. Not at 85, not in the lower brackets either. Again, I'm using Rogue as ONE EXAMPLE, but feel free to continue to imply that it's just my lack of gear/skill that is causing the problem.
Edited by Souiki on 12/7/2010 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Hunter
a typo's a typo.. leik this, or moerover. Doing this is not not a typo (no spelling mistakes) is not - and you still haven't fixed it.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Man, when I was leveling my hunter he was a GOD in Battlegrounds. Yes it got harder post 60, but it only really got a little more fair (although I do concur with almost all hunters that they REALLY suck right now in pretty much all forms of PvP at 80+, and I won't play mine until they get around to fixing them).

Thing is, up till 60, I don't think there's another class in this game, except maybe Warrior Twinks that are more easymode in early BG's than hunters.

I get the sense that the OP didn't realize just how easy he had it till things got around to being a little more balanced (although Boomkin are still completely over the top OP throughout the entire game, and low level Sub Rogue twinks are a pain to deal with).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]