Int, spirit haste?

85 Draenei Shaman
so i have a shaman and hes Elemental and Resto, people said that i can share all the gear between the two and not switch (besides the trinkets)

so, in order what is the most valuable stats i should be focusing on
i was just on the shaman forum and someone said that spirit sucks now and Int is our main priority, but lets say i have a +10spirit and a +4Int on a item, which should i go for?

but haste would help as well because of the quicker heals, right?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
bump :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Spirit does not suck, and I doubt it will ever suck post-Cata. Healers are having to conserve their mana a lot more in Cata, so anything that helps to regenerate mana is a good thing.

I'm no expert on shamans, but I'd say intellect > spirit > haste > crit (just reforge that state to mastery if your main spec is going to be resto, imo). That is for healing, though. I can't really help you with elemental.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Priest
Crit is way more important than most of those stats. It's still a 100% chance to proc a water shield orb off of healing wave, and we'll be casting that a lot. Not to mention since we're going to be far from chain heal dependent we're going to see a lot of use out of ancestral awakening if we can get a decent crit rate. However if you ignore crit you will just have wasted 3 talent points.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
For cata it's
int>haste>mastery>crit/spirit

in order to have the spirit though needed for raiding however you need to have a trinket that has an on use spirit proc. and color match gems. int/spirit in blues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2010 5:39 AMPosted by Antiflag
Crit is way more important than most of those stats. It's still a 100% chance to proc a water shield orb off of healing wave, and we'll be casting that a lot. Not to mention since we're going to be far from chain heal dependent we're going to see a lot of use out of ancestral awakening if we can get a decent crit rate. However if you ignore crit you will just have wasted 3 talent points.

this is by and large false. chain heal will still be our goto spell. and healing wave is rarely cast in raids. crit still important, but mastery is better long as target is below 80%
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Priest
You really think you're going to be spamming chain heal still, and without crit/IWS propping it up? Really? Good luck with that.

Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2010 6:46 AMPosted by Antiflag
You really think you're going to be spamming chain heal still, and without crit/IWS propping it up? Really? Good luck with that.

and without any spirit mana regen? good luck. ;)

I feel like this thread sucked me back into WotLK healing discussions where mana doesn't matter and we don't use our long cast-time direct heals. This isn't WotLK anymore starting in 24 hours.

When you are first gearing up for raids at 85, you are going to have to step foot in your first raid wearing heroic-level blues, and you are going to feel the strain of mana like you've never felt it before. The same is true for all healing classes.

it's time to step into the Cataclysm "OMG NO MANA" bus and ride our way through the first tier of Cataclysm mana-constrained raiding.
Edited by Lissanna on 12/6/2010 7:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Your absolute #1 priority as a Resto Shaman (for your first 1,650 valor points) should be:

Core of Ripeness
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
+321 Intellect
Requires Level 85
Item Level 359
Use: Increases your Spirit by 1926 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

Bind it to your Mana Tide, rejoice. Yay.

Outside of that you're looking at things the wrong way.

You need to focus on two sets of priorities, not one.

1.) Throughput/Ability to keep people alive: This is Haste, Int, Mastery, Crit (in roughly that order)

2.) Mana, so you don't go OOM: This is Spirit, Int, Crit (in roughly that order)

The only way to know which of the two you're going to be focusing on improving is by running the heroics and early raids and seeing which is proving to be more of a problem: Keeping people up, or your mana's longevity.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2010 6:46 AMPosted by Antiflag

already have, wasn't a problem.

you really think you'll be using healing wave a lot in raids? bwahahahahah, good luck with that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]