Hunters desperate for a spell intrupt

85 Worgen Hunter
with 4.0.1 pre much every class has a silence/interrupt effect in their spell book,talent tree, but hunters still have no silence or interrupt of their own, if we want a silence we are forced to play marksman.

Sur, we can use our scatter shot to interrupt a person, but thats wasting a CC on a 30 sec cooldown, just to be breaken in the next secound by our serpent sting. (its like telling a rogue to use Blind for intruptin a spell, or telling a feral druid to use cyclone for intrupting) i cant believe we are the only class in game without an intrupt effect.

Personally i was thinking of giving the hunters raptor strike an intrupt effect, its usefull for when we have a mage/shadow priest sitting on top of us,and if we need to interrupt a healer we can run towards them and interrupt them.

we really need this spell, Today in AB battel ground i was attacking a disc priest for 3 min while a holy paladin was healing me, i couldnt kill the priest, as a pure class this is shameful,all other pures : warrior/DK/rogue/mage/warlock have the power to solo a healer and kill him easly.

i intrupted 1 of his penance with scatter shot,and the secound spell, which was flash heal, i intrupted with scatter, but as soon as i got the priest to 40% hp he either poped CDs or i ran out of focus. i didnt even get close to killing him with a paladin healing me.

This is not how hunters were in 3.3 pls fix this problem.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
2/10
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
get gorilla. pummel the caster. bam! you have interrupt.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
last few minutes have seen some pretty lame troll threads. please be more creative.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/06/2010 6:35 AMPosted by Wolken

,and if we need to interrupt a healer we can run towards them and interrupt them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A hunter willing to run to melee range.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Warlocks require a pet for their baseline interrupt. So do Hunters.

You guys also have access to Silence Shot (as marksman) Intimidation (as BM) and Scatter Shot (baseline) that interrupt can interrupt casts.

Ranged classes don't have short cooldown interrupts like melee classes do (with the exception of Shamans), and that's by design. When you compare Hunters' array of interrupt tools to the other ranged classes the board looks very even.
Edited by Vindicare on 12/6/2010 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Feign Death.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 9:17 AMPosted by Kahji
Feign Death.

lol forgot about this one.

Well played sir.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
AXE
we really need this spell, Today in AB battel ground i was attacking a disc priest for 3 min while a holy paladin was healing me, i couldnt kill the priest, as a pure class this is shameful,all other pures : warrior/DK/rogue/mage/warlock have the power to solo a healer and kill him easly.

So you should be able to 1 vs 1 a heals spec? Kinda defeats the purpose of being heals if you can't even keep yourself up, eh?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Wow...intimidation in BM tree stuns, multiple pets with silences and stuns and the OP can only see MM as having a viable interrupt.

/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Also, the only pure classes are Rogue, Hunters, Warlocks, and Mages.

Warriors and DK's are both hybrids that can either tank or dps.

Just to clear that up...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
12/06/2010 11:16 AMPosted by Marsalghul

Just to clear that up...

A hunter (pet) can make a viable OT in a pinch...I'm just saying. :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter

Just to clear that up...

in PVP they are considered pure....

12/06/2010 11:13 AMPosted by Ajrimmer
Wow...intimidation in BM tree stuns, multiple pets with silences and stuns and the OP can only see MM as having a viable interrupt.

/facepalm

you got to be kidding me? a 2 sec school intrupt from a pet with 1 min CD is no were near a warriors pummel... not to mention, i want to bring a pet that disarms not one that intrupts.

[/quote]So you should be able to 1 vs 1 a heals spec? Kinda defeats the purpose of being heals if you can't even keep yourself up, eh?[/quote]

warriors/rogues/DKs/mages/warlocks can solo a healer, hell even my hybrid feral/shadowpriest can solo healers, all except hunters...
Edited by Wolken on 12/6/2010 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2010 12:19 PMPosted by Wolken

Just to clear that up...

in PVP they are considered pure....

[quote="12518737914"]Wow...intimidation in BM tree stuns, multiple pets with silences and stuns and the OP can only see MM as having a viable interrupt.

/facepalm

you got to be kidding me? a 2 sec school intrupt from a pet with 1 min CD is no were near a warriors pummel... not to mention, i want to bring a pet that disarms not one that intrupts.

So you should be able to 1 vs 1 a heals spec? Kinda defeats the purpose of being heals if you can't even keep yourself up, eh?

0/10, EVERYONE THUMB DOWN THIS TROLL thread...

only way they will learn not to post...
Edited by Calsun on 12/6/2010 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
with 4.0.1 pre much every class has a silence/interrupt effect in their spell book,talent tree, but hunters still have no silence or interrupt of their own, if we want a silence we are forced to play marksman.

Sur, we can use our scatter shot to interrupt a person, but thats wasting a CC on a 30 sec cooldown, just to be breaken in the next secound by our serpent sting. (its like telling a rogue to use Blind for intruptin a spell, or telling a feral druid to use cyclone for intrupting) i cant believe we are the only class in game without an intrupt effect.

Personally i was thinking of giving the hunters raptor strike an intrupt effect, its usefull for when we have a mage/shadow priest sitting on top of us,and if we need to interrupt a healer we can run towards them and interrupt them.

i intrupted 1 of his penance with scatter shot,and the secound spell, which was flash heal, i intrupted with scatter, but as soon as i got the priest to 40% hp he either poped CDs or i ran out of focus. i didnt even get close to killing him with a paladin healing me.

This is not how hunters were in 3.3 pls fix this problem.

Only if I get an ability to throw an axe and jam your gun barrel or cut your bow strings. It is rather ironic that you want a way to silence other ranged when you are the one ranged who can't really be silenced or interrupted in return.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]