Divine Storm... Am I going crazy?

90 Human Paladin
Is the old T10 set bonus which used to reset the CD of Divine Storm still being applied? Or am I missing something?

I've been using Divine Storm a lot lately and have noticed that the CD seems to get reset sometimes. I thought maybe I was just seeing things and going crazy. But I've seen it happen a lot lately as I've been running lowby instances for the achievements. Am I missing something? Is this supposed to happen and I'm just an idiot and didn't notice some talent or something making it happen. Or am I going crazy? I swear it's happening =P
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 2:23 PMPosted by Babyfactory
Is the old T10 set bonus which used to reset the CD of Divine Storm still being applied? Or am I missing something?

I've been using Divine Storm a lot lately and have noticed that the CD seems to get reset sometimes. I thought maybe I was just seeing things and going crazy. But I've seen it happen a lot lately as I've been running lowby instances for the achievements. Am I missing something? Is this supposed to happen and I'm just an idiot and didn't notice some talent or something making it happen. Or am I going crazy? I swear it's happening =P

It's Ret's mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"Your autoattacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, causing your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1%."

It's not a Holy Power ability any more. Plus Hand of Light doesn't reset CD's anyway.
Edited by Babyfactory on 12/6/2010 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes the old T10 set bonus still resets the cooldown on divine storm. I found this out during the PTR and posted about it then on the PTR forums and here on the paladin forums. The best part about this is that even with us being able to use divine storm more often than we are supposed to, it still does terrible aoe damage. It's worth noting that the cooldown will only be reset if it was divine storm that was used first (in other words, if you use crusader strike, the T10 bonus won't reset the cooldown). But, when the T10 bonus resets the cooldown, it also resets the cooldown of crusader strike.

http://www.youtube.com/redleg171#p/a/u/0/Kz6HGBB5IhI

That's a video showing it.

This is NOT due to the Hand of Light mastery. This is indeed the 2 piece T10 bonus still working as it used to. Try reading what the OP is talking about before making assumptions. I'll try to dig up the original topic on this very forum so you can see.
Edited by Bravehearth on 12/6/2010 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 2:26 PMPosted by Babyfactory
"Your autoattacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, causing your next Holy Power ability to consume no Holy Power and to cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1%."

It's not a Holy Power ability any more. Plus Hand of Light doesn't reset CD's anyway.

Divine Storm used to cost Holy Power. I actually think the fact it is resetting the CD on DS is a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here's the original post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1063426685
This describes what is happening in detail. Others confirmed it. It's definately a 2 piece tier 10 bonus issue. It only works with 2 piece Tier 10.

It has nothing to do with our mastery. This is different from the spell alert action bar button highlighting that occurs when hand of light procs. That is a bug also, but it doesn't reset the cooldown. Watch the vid I posted in my previous post and you can see the actual cooldowns resetting.
Edited by Bravehearth on 12/6/2010 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 2:37 PMPosted by Bravehearth
Here's the original post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1063426685
This describes what is happening in detail. Others confirmed it. It's definately a 2 piece tier 10 bonus issue. It only works with 2 piece Tier 10.

It has nothing to do with our mastery.

That can't be true. I don't have 2 piece teir 10 and my DS cooldown gets reset with Mastery procs.
Edited by Xayton on 12/6/2010 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There are 2 different bugs here Xayton. One bug is that Hand of Light still makes divine storm's button light up. The other bug is the 2 piece T10 bonus resetting the cooldown on divine storm.

If you watch the vid you will see the cooldown getting reset even when hand of light hasn't procced. This works now on live just as it did on the PTR.
Edited by Bravehearth on 12/6/2010 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 2:40 PMPosted by Bravehearth
There are 2 different bugs here Xayton. One bug is that Hand of Light still makes divine storm's button light up. The other bug is the 2 piece T10 bonus resetting the cooldown on divine storm.

Yeah......I'll stick with prot. Hahaha.
Edited by Xayton on 12/6/2010 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't feel bad, it's hard to explain what's going on lol. The original post has several people that didn't get what was going on until it was explained several ways. And I'll be the first to admit, I suck at explaining things :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 2:43 PMPosted by Bravehearth
Don't feel bad, it's hard to explain what's going on lol. The original post has several people that didn't get what was going on until it was explained several ways. And I'll be the first to admit, I suck at explaining things :)

Haha, I blame the fact Ret mastery does the same thing at 2pT10 does.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
heh, I noticed this too.

Not like it makes a huge difference either way though. In my PvE gear my DS has a 3.3 or 3.4 second cooldown. Cooldown refresh or not I'm still going to be pressing it at the same time in my rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 2:49 PMPosted by Vindicare
heh, I noticed this too.

Not like it makes a huge difference either way though. In my PvE gear my DS has a 3.3 or 3.4 second cooldown. Cooldown refresh or not I'm still going to be pressing it at the same time in my rotation.

Not me =P You get to use Divine Storm OR Crusader Strike, if you're choosing to use Divine Storm because you're doing lots of AOE, then fitting as many DS into your "aoe rotation" as you can is nice lol.

But thanks for the confirmation Bravehearth. For a second I thought I was going crazy, then I remembered the old T10 bonus.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]