new healer

90 Gnome Rogue
hi i have a shaman healer but was thinking about start a new healer worgen and wanted to get you guys feed back on which i should go with. I want to play a healer that is a bit diifent from my shaman heals

any help you can give will be great and pls do not flame or troll me i am realy trying to deside on a diffent healer
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
bump pls help
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Kylxia on 12/13/2010 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I think you'll find that Priest healing feels the most different from Shaman healing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
cool thank you for all your input ya i think i may go with priest
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight
bump will be making this soon any other info before 12 pst would be nice
Reply Quote
88 Troll Shaman
I would say that pretty much all of the other healers are different from Shaman Healing. However, druid and priest healing feel significantly different imo because they rely on something other than direct healing effects, absorbs, HoTs and the like.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I based my comment on the breadth of the Priest toolbox. Shamans are, in my opinion, an extremely versatile healer without being differentiated in terms of variety of healing spells and how specialized each spell is. I think Priests are just as versatile, but do it with more spells and more-specialized spells.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight
you guys are making priest sound more and more fun ya i am going to play a priest disc more the likly haveing shields should be fun and something diffent
Edited by Xianghua on 12/6/2010 9:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Priest
If you are intent on rolling a worgen, then your only choices for healing are druid or priest. I never enjoyed healing on my druid and gave it up rather quickly and went back to feral. I love healing on my disc priest though.

You should also consider which off-specs you can take in the event that you get tired of healing or want to mix things up a bit. Druid gives you more options, but comes at a cost: you need to maintain two very different sets of gear if you decide to go resto and feral. With priest, you can use the same gear set. Also, if dungeons are your thing and you have the bag space for two sets of gear, queueing as a tank and a healer will pretty much guarantee you instant queue times. With priest you get healer or dps only.

Of all the classes I've leveled, my druid and priest have been my favorites by far. Personally, I've enjoyed playing as a disc priest more, but your mileage may vary.

I'm currently leveling a holy/prot pally and it is okay, but nowhere near as fun as some other classes I've played. In fact, I just rolled a worgen priest and am thinking about leveling a second one back-to-back. That's how much I like this class.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Druid
Is no one going to mention Pally healers? They are the easiest to gear up since they can wear anything. And you don't get plate specialization until much later.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Priest
12/07/2010 11:23 AMPosted by Holyshifter
Is no one going to mention Pally healers? They are the easiest to gear up since they can wear anything. And you don't get plate specialization until much later.

Well, the OP mentioned wanting to start a worgen healer, so... But a worgen paladin would be pretty badass looking.

Personally, I am having a hard time leveling my pally. Not because it's difficult, but because I find it so boring. It's better than it was in the old days when I tried several times and never got past the teens, but even in the mid-30s it's still nowhere near as fun as just about every other class I've played. But, to each his/her own.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I would say Druid would be the most different play style from shaman.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]