Come on please, make some changes.

90 Human Paladin
Inquisition:
Requires level 81
Instant cast
30 second cool down
Converts all damage to holy damage for 15 seconds.
You could even be daring with this and give us more uptime with it, but convert our attacks to all physical damage by default. (Not that I think this is a good idea, but we have to be throwing things out in hopes it stimulates at least one designers brain into making some ret changes)

Zealotry:
Instant cast
Grants 1 holy power
Shares a cool down with Crusader strike
Attacks a second target within range immediately after hitting the primary target deals 100% (tweak this number to be slightly less value in single target than crusader strike) weapon damage to each target

Divine Storm:
8 second cool down
Reverse Meteor its effect. The more monsters caught within its storm, the more damage it does to each monster, capping the dmg effect at 3.
ie:
1 monster in range - 20% weapon damage to each monster
2 monsters in range - 75% to each monster
3+ monsters - 110% to each monster

-Remove this 4.5 second attack with haste increasing it as well. It undervalues our mastery to the point that we have to reforge out of it at every opportunity. Everything is 3 seconds.
-Remove the 40% chance to proc a holy power.
-Allow judgment to generate a holy power for retribution.
-If AoW doesn't proc within 15 seconds of it's last proc, the next auto attack will make it proc. A 20% RNG on exorcism can result in entire boss fights without a proc as happened to me recently.

Please place the difficulty in optimizing ret DPS in the players hands and not in the hands of RNG. I detest the current ret rotation. It's worse then the ups and downs at a Jerry Springer taping.
Edited by Lawbringer on 12/5/2010 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I believe I saw ghostcrawler, a long time ago, state they were contemplating changes to inquisition. I think if a lead designer posts something like that publicly, then no matter what, it isn't good design from the start.

It isn't too late to change it Ghostcrawler.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Inquisition needs to go. If there is one thing about ret I could change it is without a doubt this HORRIBLE ability =( Man i am going to hate it so much...

on a side note, why do you want to change zealotry? i love it for defense and offense.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't think treating abilities and talents that you dislike's need to go as a foregone conclusion is ever helpful. Even if it's been mentioned time and again, especially if it's been mentioned time and again (because you're treading in repetition and spam), you need to make a case of why it's not working. Is it fun, is it mechanical, exactly how is this ability offending you in such a manner that it needs to be reworked or replaced?

Simply listing demands isn't going to get the class or the conversation anywhere positive. At best it stagnates into group think and trolling, at worst it causes more constructive discussions and feedback to be overlooked. If you're going to take the time to think up new design concepts, you need to take the time to explain why they should be that way. Even if it's retread of previous discussions, without that perspective and basis you're losing the concept to wish-listing.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/05/2010 7:21 PMPosted by Ashman
The only changes we will be seeing is more Mage buffs.

If it's any consolation, none of the mage pvp specs look like they're fun to play :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2010 12:07 PMPosted by Polemeo
Yeah Inquisition has to change.

My suggestion is make it a static 30 sec duration, undispellable, and have it refreshed by TV.

Change TV to 30% of its damage as holy, then remove HoW + Wings to balance.

I see you post this in just about every Paladin thread, and I really think they're bad ideas.

As far as I'm concerned, any change that dumbs the spec down is a bad change.

This and your ideas to combine SoJ and SoI are all just ways to make the spec more automatic without making a huge impact on performance. If we were to be able to have Inquisition up all the time, it would likely mean less Holy damage without it, or just the removal of the ability.

Right now it is a PvE ability that limits PvP damage and adds some difficulty to the spec. While it does limit PvP damage, good players will still make situational use of it.

Your changes would (in terms of PvP) mean changing an ability that can be used situationally when you have an excess of HP into an ability that will be inconsequential and mandatory to maintain.
Edited by Royers on 12/6/2010 5:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 5:18 AMPosted by Royers
12/05/2010 12:07 PMPosted by Polemeo
Yeah Inquisition has to change.

My suggestion is make it a static 30 sec duration, undispellable, and have it refreshed by TV.

Change TV to 30% of its damage as holy, then remove HoW + Wings to balance.

I see you post this in just about every Paladin thread, and I really think they're bad ideas.

As far as I'm concerned, any change that dumbs the spec down is a bad change.

This and your ideas to combine SoJ and SoI are all just ways to make the spec more automatic without making a huge impact on performance. If we were to be able to have Inquisition up all the time, it would likely mean less Holy damage without it, or just the removal of the ability.

Right now it is a PvE ability that limits PvP damage and adds some difficulty to the spec. While it does limit PvP damage, good players will still make situational use of it.

Your changes would (in terms of PvP) mean changing an ability that can be used situationally when you have an excess of HP into an ability that will be inconsequential and mandatory to maintain.

How is it dumbing down a spec when we already have enough RNG to follow? Big deal if it makes it easier for us to manage instead having to constantly refresh it.
His SoI/SoJ seal mix for Ret was just a suggestion for two seals that barely ever get used unless we're depleted on mana.
Inquisiition is bad for PvP... it really is. Dispellable, huge amount of ramp up, and uses our finishers. I could understand if it were like most finishers in game that weren't dispellable but, as of right now it sucks.
Currently as it stands we barely have enough HoPo to spare due to our lack constantly WoG/TV... there is never any excess what so ever unless the battle is over.

I'd much rather have consistant damage that didn't require us to follow RNG HoPo gains, a slice and dice, CC, protection for allies, healing and cleanse. This is all similar to Combat rogues problems and this is one of the reasons they suck. Eviscerate doesn't scale and they constantly have to spend finishers to keep Rupter/SnD up at all times. Sure it makes the spec skillful but, in the end as we've seen so far it is horrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]