I sucked tonight in ICC

90 Human Paladin
Tonight was the first time that I've done LK in a few weeks. Last time I was around 9-10k dps, but tonight I was scraping along with 7-8k for the most part. I guess that nerf hit us hard. I thought the buff to exorcism would have balanced us out (20k crits are nice and all), but I guess not. How are we supposed to do competitive dps on non undead targets in Cata?
Edited by Thugnasty on 12/5/2010 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
im still pulling around 16k dps in icc
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Some people say ret damage is great, others say it is horrible. Fact of the matter is that its just unreliable
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I'm not trying to troll here, but... You say you haven't done LK in a few weeks. By that I assume you mean ever? At least not on your pally you haven't.

In all honesty you shouldn't be dpsing LK anyway considering your gear is way under par even with the carebear buff.

All in all, ret dps does have its ups a downs. It is excruciatingly RNG dependent, although not to the point to where your going to be either a wet noodle, or a DPS god. It simply doesn't vary that much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/05/2010 10:23 PMPosted by Actiondan
I'm not trying to troll here, but... You say you haven't done LK in a few weeks. By that I assume you mean ever? At least not on your pally you haven't.

In all honesty you shouldn't be dpsing LK anyway considering your gear is way under par even with the carebear buff.

All in all, ret dps does have its ups a downs. It is excruciatingly RNG dependent, although not to the point to where your going to be either a wet noodle, or a DPS god. It simply doesn't vary that much.

I have killed him on other characters, not this one. I got him down to 15% weeks ago. And my gear is fine. Those with higher gearscores than me couldn't even make it back to the platform because of quake.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Good thing cata launches tomorrow and blue weapons available at level 81 have higher top end damage than every two hander except shadowmourne.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 9:55 AMPosted by Vindicare
Good thing cata launches tomorrow and blue weapons available at level 81 have higher top end damage than every two hander except shadowmourne.

actually the ones at 81 do have higher top end than shadowmourne. lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dwarf Paladin Ritalynn? :S

Still looks good. I have problems.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My point is, I didn't replace my Lionheart executioner until the Zul'drak amphitheater quest and that wasn't even a top level weapon from TBC.

Weapons in Cata are so insane that even the best weapon from WOTLK is being replaced after only a single level.
Edited by Vindicare on 12/6/2010 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2010 9:49 PMPosted by Thugnasty
Tonight was the first time that I've done LK in a few weeks. Last time I was around 9-10k dps, but tonight I was scraping along with 7-8k for the most part. I guess that nerf hit us hard. I thought the buff to exorcism would have balanced us out (20k crits are nice and all), but I guess not. How are we supposed to do competitive dps on non undead targets in Cata?

Remember that, presuming your rotation is correct, you are no longer getting free damage by Divine Storm catching Drudge Ghouls, whereas Warriors and Death Knights still do. Look at your actual damage against LK and compare that to others. Don't bother trying to compete with casters, as fire mages can peak at 40k DPS when frontloading and shadowpriests can stay around 30k with tab dots for phase 1-2
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 10:28 AMPosted by Élan
12/05/2010 9:49 PMPosted by Thugnasty

Remember that, presuming your rotation is correct, you are no longer getting free damage by Divine Storm catching Drudge Ghouls, whereas Warriors and Death Knights still do. Look at your actual damage against LK and compare that to others. Don't bother trying to compete with casters, as fire mages can peak at 40k DPS when frontloading and shadowpriests can stay around 30k with tab dots for phase 1-2

I'll be honest, I don't even know if the rotation is the same since TV was tuned down. I was told no to aoe so my off tank can pick up the ghouls so concecrate and holy wrath were rarely used. I can say with confidence that this addition would have put me up another 1k... but my arcane mage guildy was doing literally like 20k for the first few minutes. He finished at around 13/14k. I find this rediculous, but it is besides the point.

I DO need a new weapon. I almost got Saurfang's but the leader ninja'd it and ported out so I haven't been lucky since. But from what I hear, cata green weapons are godly. Maybe it will be different next time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 1:09 PMPosted by Apothus
12/05/2010 10:11 PMPosted by Velcat
Some people say ret damage is great, others say it is horrible. Fact of the matter is that its just unreliable

It's not that unreliable. You just obviously like to QQ alot. Every class has some form of RNG.

As for the OP you obviously aren't playing the class properly if you lost dps as a result of the changes. Everyone who plays the class competantly has seen a DPS increase.

I'd suggest relearning properly and not trying to spam abilities.

Sigh..
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Ret paladin has and ALWAYS will be inconsitant.. while other classes have good old reliable abilities they can spam for damage we have cooldowns and procs adding a good hint of luck to our dps, while the buff to exorcism was nice they also nerfed everything else which is pretty much normal for the paladin class ~.~ im just hoping in cata they stop screwing us over and fix the class(and dont nerf it) 2weeks later
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Inquisition may help but i want an ability that allows me to do extremely good damage and not have to force myself to 3stacks or 40seconds in the fight or whatnot to compete with other classes who can INSTANTLY let the dps numbers fly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]