Barthilas Realm Firsts.

80 Undead Priest
12/07/2010 10:04 AMPosted by Krixooks
pretty sure athene got first 80, he just farmed dungeons all the way, he did utgarde keep, then something then something to 80, his bags were full of consumables, and he used some kind of mob tagging to do it max speed.

I think it worked like that, it was quite a while back now.

He'd tag the mobs then kick group, giving 60secs to down the mobs, then re-invite the other guys.
Back before the XP lock, thats how we'd to it to farm for twink items.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
yeah athene mob tagged but it's not against any rules
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
12/07/2010 3:32 PMPosted by Freshlybaked
12/07/2010 10:04 AMPosted by Krixooks
pretty sure athene got first 80, he just farmed dungeons all the way, he did utgarde keep, then something then something to 80, his bags were full of consumables, and he used some kind of mob tagging to do it max speed.

I think it worked like that, it was quite a while back now.

He'd tag the mobs then kick group, giving 60secs to down the mobs, then re-invite the other guys.
Back before the XP lock, thats how we'd to it to farm for twink items.

Athene didn't get realm first 80. It was the prot paladin in his farming group. Granted it was his idea - he made it all happen - but it wasn't strictly him.

The prot paladin would tag mobs, get invited back to teh group before the instance port where the rest of the group would kill the now 'tagged' mobs from which they would get 0 experience (cause its a tagged mob) and the prot would get the experience intended for all 5 people. They ran UK until 78 and then AN until 80. However Blizzard banned them on 79.5 (perma ban i might add) after 8 or 9 hours simply because they were cut that people were getting to 80 so quick. The person who is credited with the world first for 80 took something like 14 hours and was a warlock with a pocket healer who was using the exact same mob tagging system that Athene and his group were banned for, with the exception that he was doing it in the world, not in an instance (i think he did it in grizzly hills).

I don't know how Athene did it this time but I was told (nfi if its accurate) that he was mob tagging in the world with around 20 or so people helping him lol.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
The loss of a realm first due to an inability to log in and cook was demoralizing.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_258757&v=IcD5rQJONV4&feature=iv
Edited by Aiforlemilg on 12/9/2010 2:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
So he had a team of 20 or so people helping him grind in twilight highlands AND he organised PvP teams on other servers (i would assume not every server just the ones with other likely people to get world first like Paragon etc) to stop them doing the same thing.

Wow. That seems like a lot of effort
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]