Prot PvP

85 Human Paladin
OK so has any one else been screwing around with this since the patch dropped? Burst seems to be there survivability seems good. i have seen threads that say to use PvE gear for every thing but the 4 piece pvp bonus but all those where dated before the patch. So i am just useing PvP Ret gear and reforging for mastery. Just wanted to see if any one else had any ides on this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Or you could search for a prot pvp guide? VVVV
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
lol thx never thot of that *sarcasm* i have read many guides just wanted to see what other ppl think thx for you amazing words of in site on it tho.
Edited by Shades on 12/6/2010 3:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
I'm new in game as this is my main. I however will give Protection a strong nod of approval for both PVE and PVP. I stomp a lot of people into little rays of sunshine and send them packing 2 or 3 at a time. Since I came from a very heavy PVP game to this I think the majority of about any spec of any char can and will crush other people. The main lesson that most can learn in this game are just L2P issues really. I'm glad most are bad though makes it more fun for me. :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Prot is stronger in most aspects of PvP then Ret is atm, Hopefully this will change in cata
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 3:12 AMPosted by Shades
OK so has any one else been screwing around with this since the patch dropped? Burst seems to be there survivability seems good. i have seen threads that say to use PvE gear for every thing but the 4 piece pvp bonus but all those where dated before the patch. So i am just useing PvP Ret gear and reforging for mastery. Just wanted to see if any one else had any ides on this.

I've played it a little bit since the patch and its definately viable. Don't reforge for mastery though lol. Your mastery as prot is block chance which won't really help with your burst at all. Only reason you'd want that would be to tank any melee classes in PvP.

Only complaint I have about prot is I find myself getting kited like a piece of @*## by any caster. LoftL is actually a lot more useful than people think it is and with cleanse being fixed I'd personally say just get adjusted to ret, because I've been having tons of success with it lately in bgs. Its not as bad as I once thought it was.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Only time ret feels all right for me in a BG is when im going against undergeared people. I am not exceptionally geared myself but thats my own fault. Popping wings/Zel seems to put me on a more equal footing with some classes. Prot just seems to do more dmg then ret without wings from what ive seen.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It seems to me that the ret spec has taken a good nerfing! I have noticed a significant improvement in being jumped. It may seem absurd to not attack first on a PVP realm but I normally quest and do dailies in my prot spec and when I get jumped by those Horde that like to be sneaky and gank...I can feel the panic when they can't finish me off. When they start kiting I switch to some ranged like Exorcism and Avenging Shield. And so far...knock on wood...Only a Tauren dk tank and I have agreed to part ways without the Horde dying first! Usually when questing I run Ret aura, Truth and Might, If I just came out of a dungeon I have Stoneblood and leftovers from Dragonfin Filet too.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
So Inquisition is gonna give 30% more holy dmg? thats gonna make some huge dmg on my Avengers shield and HotR dmg..if i can build 3 points up again SotR will be hitting like a truck too since most of prots dmg IS holy dmg as opposed to ret.

SotR already hits for 9k crits with Inq up its showing something like a 8.2k hit at 3 charges
Avengers Shield is showing about that same amount of dmg 8.2k and ive seen both crit for crazy dmg already...gonna be interesting to see how this plays out
Edited by Madcowolight on 12/6/2010 6:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
Sorry this is off topic but being new I'm still struggling with some things and request some help with macros. Damn things drive me buggy trying to figure them out but can someone help me with a macro that will fire both my consecration and holy wrath on one button?
Reply Quote
WTB Repentance in Prot Tree
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/06/2010 6:34 AMPosted by Dorffy
WTB Repentance in Prot Tree

forget repentance give prot rebuke!
Edited by Mischiefqt on 12/6/2010 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 6:22 AMPosted by Jamilix
Sorry this is off topic but being new I'm still struggling with some things and request some help with macros. Damn things drive me buggy trying to figure them out but can someone help me with a macro that will fire both my consecration and holy wrath on one button?
you would have to to do it as a cast sequence and you would have to hit the button twice to use both moves it would not cast both at the same time but you could hit one button to cast both in a row. /castsequence Consecration,Holy Wrath.

12/06/2010 4:52 AMPosted by Telur
[quote="12519832307"]OK so has any one else been screwing around with this since the patch dropped? Burst seems to be there survivability seems good. i have seen threads that say to use PvE gear for every thing but the 4 piece pvp bonus but all those where dated before the patch. So i am just useing PvP Ret gear and reforging for mastery. Just wanted to see if any one else had any ides on this.

I've played it a little bit since the patch and its definately viable. Don't reforge for mastery though lol. Your mastery as prot is block chance which won't really help with your burst at all. Only reason you'd want that would be to tank any melee classes in PvP.

Only complaint I have about prot is I find myself getting kited like a piece of @*## by any caster. LoftL is actually a lot more useful than people think it is and with cleanse being fixed I'd personally say just get adjusted to ret, because I've been having tons of success with it lately in bgs. Its not as bad as I once thought it was.[/quote]
i thot to reforge for mastery to that i would block more to proc Reckoning and take less dmg idk i have had some god results.
Edited by Shades on 12/6/2010 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]