Where are we getting starter PVP sets?

80 Undead Priest
Are the blue starter PVP sets being bought with honor, or can the be purchased on the Auction House? I heard that they are being crafted. Just curious if I need to go a proffession where I can create them or what the options are.

I've looked up "Starter PVP sets Cataclysm" on google but it's not really giving me the results I want. Can you guys point me in the right direction?
Edited by Squallhart on 12/6/2010 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Tailoring, LW, and BS will have crafted blue PvP sets, and will receive upgraded recipes every season. This is an example (mastery/resil cloth bracers, ilvl 339) - http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/75290/fireweave-bracers/. There's a haste/resil version too. It looks like there's a full set: bracers/belt/boots/head/shoulders/chest/pants/gloves, but it doesn't seem to offer a bonus. I didn't see cloaks in the recipe list, but they may exist. They are BoE, so you don't need to be a tailor.

I checked the JC list, and it seems like we're only getting PvE necks and rings. The green ones have random enchants, so it's possible that there is a resil version, but I don't think anyone will want a level 82 piece. They might add PvP jewelry later, like they did in Wrath.

Tol'Barad will also have a few things, including weapons and trinkets.

I was absolutely convinced that there was a blue set purchasable with honor too, but I can't seem to find it on MMO Champion. If you open the link to their S9 gear, you'll see that there is an epic set (the Vicious, ilvl 365) and a blue one (ilvl 352). If you have time, you could dig through their earlier posts, although things may have changed. It's possible that the blue set will have the same itemization as the epic one, just less stats (if you look at the epic set, it has various stats now, rather than one secondary stat in addition to resil).

I don't know if blue accessories will be available via honor; the MMO-Champ list only has the epic ones, and I suspect they might require Conquest points.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
Awesome post, thanks for being so helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The most basic is craftable, which is likely where everyone will start. Then after that is the first gladiator set, also blue, which can be purchased with honor. Everything after that will require conquest points.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
From a little research after your link I found the starter Holy PVP set. Here's the link.

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=Ornate+Pyrium
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
The Blue starter sets with bonuses are called Bloodthirsty.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
That's disappointing that none of the Bloodthirsty sets have Haste in them. :(
Reply Quote
your guild name->myname, im efamous nobs -.-
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
12/06/2010 1:33 PMPosted by Terrified
That's disappointing that none of the Bloodthirsty sets have Haste in them. :(

Reforge good sir.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]