Intro level gear for level 85 PvP(RET)

90 Human Paladin
OK so i'm doing my typical last minute, PvP and PvE lists trying to figure out what i'm gonna rush to get when i ding 85 for the new arena/rated BG season that starts 1 week after tuesday.

Just a heads up i wont be giving stats just a ruff (get rep here, get bars here for the gear)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps Ret pallys out there:
BS Crafted Intro PVP SET!
Helm - 15 elementium bar 10 volatile fire
shoulder - 12 elem bar 10 volat fire
chest - 15 elem bar 10 vol fire
legs - 15 elem bar 10 vol fire
gloves - 10 elem bar 10 vol fire

boots - 12 elem bar 10 vol fire
belt - 10 elem bar 10 vol fire
bracer 8 elem bar 10 vol fire

TOTAL SET - 97 elementium bar 80 volatile fireRings - ?
trinkets - ? Tol barad trinkets See below
Cape - ?
Rings - Ramkaken ring at revered Rare, Therazane ring at revered Rare
Neck - Ramkaken Neck at exalted EPIC
Weapon - Tol Barad rep 2h,

Total Crafted resil 1092 resil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reputation! For the allys!

Baradin's warders - Tol Barad
level 85 rare 2h Sword at REVERED
level 85 epic exalted trinket - 321 mastery with a str proc
level 85 epic exalted trinket 321 mastery with a 400 resistance ON USE! every 1 minute, (GREAT pvp and potentially great PvE) (situational)
Guardians of Hyjal - Mount Hyjal
Level 83 rare ring at honored
level 85 rare boots at revered
level 85 EPIC belt at exalted
Ramkaken - Uldum
lvl 83 rare cloak at honored
lvl 85 rare ring at revered
lvl 85 EPIC neck at exalted
The Earthen ring - Rep gained all over
They give nothing
Therazane - Deep Holm
HELM enchant at exalted 50 str - 25 crit
85 Ring at revered Rare
Helm enchant at honored 30 str 20 crit
Wild Hammer Clan - Twilight Highland
Revered Helm enchant - 60 str 35 mastery
85 gloves at revered Rare

So after looking at all of the reps it looks like you'll wanna get, Tol Barad the pvp zone 1st, for trinkets/weapon for pvp

Wildhammer 2nd most likely because of the helm enchant for pvp and pve

Ramkaken and Guardians of Hyjal 3rd - These are flip flop factions you should get both of em fairly fast.Ramkaken gives a lvl 83 cloak 85 ring, and Hyjal gives 83 ring. Also Ramkaken gives an epic neck Hyjal gives Epic belt. (but worth picking up for PvE maybe pvp early on)

Hopefully this can give some people a heads up intro gear. And kinda get people in the right direction for pvp. Without having to run alot of pve instances*

Goodluck

Would you buff me? I'd buff me, I'd buff me so hard.
Edited by Ritalynn on 12/6/2010 10:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Am i missing something?

Why does the entire crafted set require Volatile Fire? Is it way more common than the other elements while mining?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dunno sir, i just looked up plate pvp gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That just seems odd to me. Fire has traditionally been the rarest/most valuable/most used of the elemental reagents. Why would they torture our wallets by making every piece require it?

Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just looked up Volatile Fire on wowhead. Apparently it can stack up to 200, and virtually every piece of crafted armor requires it.

I think it's safe to say that it's more common than I thought.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 9:20 AMPosted by Vindicare
I just looked up Volatile Fire on wowhead. Apparently it can stack up to 200, and virtually every piece of crafted armor requires it.

I think it's safe to say that it's more common than I thought.

Thank god. lol.

and thanks a lot for this guide. I was going to figure this out for myself but now I don't have to xD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

And thanks Rit - good stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]