Big with Long Word and Holy Mastery,

85 Dwarf Paladin
I just put up the Long word glyph on my holy pally. For those that aren't familiar with it, it deals 50% of the healing from word of glory up front and take the other 50% and makes it a 6 second HoT. But I'm noticing that the ticking HoT does not effect the aborsbtion of my illuminated healing. So basically this glyph decreases the amount of shield put up on the target by 50%. Just wanted to draw some attention to that in hope that it could be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That's exactly how it should act, though. Glyphed WoG heals for 50%, and gives a shield based on that heal. Then the glyph ticks over the next 6 seconds, and gives a shield based on each of those ticks.

The main use of the glyph, as I see it, is to proc Illuminated Healing more often, refreshing the shields from earlier Divine Light crits. The glyph is 150 gold on my server, and I can't make it yet. I might test it out when it's cheaper, to see if it makes it easier to keep up a Lay on Hands shield in a boss fight.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2010 11:19 AMPosted by Ehcks
That's exactly how it should act, though. Glyphed WoG heals for 50%, and gives a shield based on that heal. Then the glyph ticks over the next 6 seconds, and gives a shield based on each of those ticks.

The main use of the glyph, as I see it, is to proc Illuminated Healing more often, refreshing the shields from earlier Divine Light crits. The glyph is 150 gold on my server, and I can't make it yet. I might test it out when it's cheaper, to see if it makes it easier to keep up a Lay on Hands shield in a boss fight.

So a 1k tick can reset a 2k shield? Interesting. My argument against it though is that the shield doesn't refresh at all with the ticks. It just shields once and the ticks go on without having any effect on the shield whatsoever
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2010 11:22 AMPosted by Goldgut
12/06/2010 11:19 AMPosted by Ehcks

So a 1k tick can reset a 2k shield? Interesting. My argument against it though is that the shield doesn't refresh at all with the ticks. It just shields once and the ticks go on without having any effect on the shield whatsoever

Well, it's supposed to refresh from any smaller heal that can proc it, but I haven't tested to see if the glyph itself can proc the mastery. I guess I could go try it now, though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh, this sucks.

I was wrong, Glyph of the Long Word ticks do not proc the mastery.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
So basically the glyph gimps you. It's not like it makes it heal more, it's just spread out more.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I've spent a lot of time crunching the numbers and looking at the possibilities.

My only conclusion is that the Glyph of the Long Word is useless. It's certainly no replacement for the old Infusion of Light HoT from Flash of Light, with or without the T9 bonus. I refuse to even learn it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 5:45 PMPosted by Elleii
a 12k heal will most likely lead to more overhealing and less effective healing than a 6k heal and 6k 6 second HoT. since the LoD change, ive found myself using my holy power for it more often than for the single target WOG (unless i was strictly tank healing)

Not in Cataclysm. Besides, who cares about overheal on a free heal? If you're that worried about efficiency, wait until it makes sense to use it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]