Blade's Edge All-Stars!

85 Night Elf Warrior
While I'm more often known as the jackass of alliance trade than the helpful educational teacher, I started to think about our server's community and its usual responses to questions to the player base.

So, I decided that I was going to start a thread to serve two purposes. A nod to helpful people, and hopefully a place where people can share stories about those who took a bit of their time in an attempt to reach out a supportive hand and make this server a better place for all of us by setting up positive examples.

So here is how this works. This thread will be a place where you can give credit to someone's good deeds. They don't need to know about this post, they don't even need to know the forums exist.

The only rule is that it can't be a fellow guild member. Lets try to avoid girlfriends/boyfriends too if possible.

I'm not sure if this type of thread will function on our server's forums but I wanted to give it an honest effort to helpfully show how much we all appreciate those who take the time to be a little better than we ourselves sometimes can be.

I'll open this up by giving a nod to Bludru, an alliance side feral druid. He actually inspired me to create this thread by his extremely patient demeanor whenever I've had the pleasure of dealing with him. One of those people that tends to be calm in situations where you want to rage at people, and never has a negative or harsh word to say about someone when it comes to raiding or grouping.

Hopefully there are more people out there that have stories or people they'd like to give a nod. I hope that when we voice our opinions about these people who seem to be positive influences on the server we can take a good look at our own attitudes and improve them. I have a feeling blade's edge is a much better place to be than we sometimes give it credit for if we just change outlook a tiny bit!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Hands down, Fushia. That woman has been so amazingly kind to everyone I've seen her interact with, ever. She always helps when she can, she farms like a mad-woman to make sure she has enough feasts n flasks for every 'oops i forgot mine' moment. She goes out of her way to accommodate everyone she can. And heck, she puts up with me, that right there should reward a title of some sort.

Okay I broke the no guild member rule because she let me put 2 of my toons in her alt guild... sue me.
Edited by Hyacinthius on 12/6/2010 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
/end Hya's rant

/begin Sala's rant

I think Sustain and Screamer are the bestest in the westest. Sustain and Screamer have helped me to become less of a baddie every single day. Even from when I first met them(probably an ICC i pug'd with Ouro), they were nice and helped me. <33333 to both of you :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Sustain just for making this thread.

I also have to agree with Hya about Foosh. One of the best people ever to meet in game.

It's hard to chose just one person, I've gotten to know several in game who are helpful to those all around them.

One who does stick out would be Adimaul, he's extremely calm and patient with anyone he interacts with. He's friendly with everyone, I don't think there's anyone he doesn't like. (maybe if you were a spammer) He has a way about him that makes it hard not to like him. He's not rude or one to rage and if you asked him for help he'd be there (perhaps not there, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying).

Also I can't forget Tyresious because he let's me hide under his dress.

Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I'm going to second Pimp Daddy Adi. I <3 that man, without a doubt. He's funny, helpful and has a good sense of humor to boot. Anytime I see him, he puts a grin on my face. Plus, he's studly. You can't go wrong there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I nominate Zordstrom, for always being there when I needed a friend. You're my best friend, man.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I nominate Satanis, because he is DK #1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I nominate Satanis, because he is DK #1

I concur
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I also would like to nominate Zordstrom, he's the most comfortable shoulder to cry on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I named Zords piece
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Adi is also amazing, supa dupa, party in mah pantz amazing.

<3 Hya
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ribeyes for teaching every horde boomkin how to play.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Awwww, you guys <3

Sara, Lisee, Fushia, Hya... no way I'm leaving this server. Sustain's last line is right on. Good idea for a thread, and I'll be sure to contribute when someone makes my day in-game. Honestly, it's the dumb stuff like hearing "Thanks for the group" at the end of a 5-man/pug raid... or even small talk when crafting for someone or helping them with a quest etc. Just manners. That's what I'd like to see more of... All these toons have real people sitting behind computer screens, and there's no excuse to treat them like &^%$. Here's hoping the community on Blade's Edge grows tighter in Cata.

Now let's hear more about Zord's piece, please!
Reply Quote
I like'd to nominate an ally player, "Bigfoot", I believe he was a NightElf but don't remember right off. But the reason is he/she was the very first person I met on BE that showed me the very basics of looting when I was doing the starter quests in Northshire Abby so long ago. I often thought of where this player went to and haven't heard or seen them since.

I always make sure I return this act of kindness to new players as well when they began their journies in Azeroth and always will.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I vote for Sala because he helped me get my lazy cow ass over to Teldrassil to explore and is generally an all around nice guy (for an ally, anyway :P )
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/07/2010 10:46 AMPosted by Dinaer
I vote for Sala because he helped me get my lazy cow ass over to Teldrassil to explore and is generally an all around nice guy (for an ally, anyway :P )

You're only saying that to get in my pants! (This be Sal)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/07/2010 9:34 PMPosted by Hyacinthius
12/07/2010 10:46 AMPosted by Dinaer

You're only saying that to get in my pants! (This be Sal)

How did you know?!?!?!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I'd like to give a nod to two people that helped me out alot in my earlier days...
Crazedhippie & Drezden. Two stand up individuals in my book.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Drezden is a psycho.
Reply Quote
In my 30's through my mid 60's my brother and I ran with a priest named Bigbadbaldie..... In the days before dungeon finder finding a good group (especially a quality healer) was hard to do. I haven't seen him in ages but just wanted him to know that my brother and I appreciated his help.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]