What do you do when they blame the healer for

85 Blood Elf Priest
...their own stupidity?

I got a tank named Marvel (or some other random letters that looked like it, I think he had a ' in his name) on Blackrock in a random.

The guy blew. He was in bearform (druid tank) and couldn't keep aggro on _anything_. I was healing everyone in the group massively. He caused a wipe on Bjorn - the first boss in Halls of Lightning (c'mon, I'm well geared enough, this should be stupid easy).

Now, I've healed a lot of groups well - I'm not the best, I assume, but I have raids from other guilds who ask me to come along, so I can't be that bad.

he runs up the stairs after the elementals in the forge go down. I follow. He takes the spawn on the stairs and DOES NOT WAIT for them to die before running off up the stairs, leaving the shaman with all the aggro (I stayed to heal the shammy). I run up the stairs after keeping the shaman alive, and he's pulled half the groups in that top area!

I scramble to keep him and the rest of the group alive now, with _everyone_ having aggro because he can't keep it for anything. Then he pulls the boss WHILE WE'RE STILL FIGHTING.

The boss kills himi because noone could possibly have kept up with that.

He kicks me from the group (I imagine with the help of one of his friends). Says I'm 'the worst healer ever".

Now, I KNOW I'm not terrible. But I really wish there were a way we could report people like this for being the jerks they are. It sucks.

Barring that, what do you do? Can we add them to an ignore list? Is there a way to make sure I NEVER group with this jerk again? :(
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin

Get used to it.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but its going to happen. When you geninuely mess up you can accept blame and try to get better. When someone else messes up and won't accept critism to become better themselves, its beyond your control.

Control what you can control and let go of what you can't. Its easier said then done but will make your life a lot happier.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
If the DPS sucks, let them die. They either learn not to suck quickly, or they vote me out, I don't get a dungeon cooldown, and I am in a new group in under 3 minutes (yay for being a healer).

If the tank sucks, one of the following:
a) The tank sucks, the group is fine. I heal everyone because we are all overgeared by now and its actually refreshing to do a run that requires me to use more then Earth Shield.
b) The tank sucks, and so does the group. I either leave, or if they annoy me JUST THAT MUCH, I let them all die and let them vote me out so I don't get a dungeon cooldown. If I get the timing right, I can sometimes even finish off their last kill (over about 5 minutes, while they watch helplessly from their corpse-haha) with flametongue totem and ridiculous self healing.

Option a) won't be viable after tomorrow. I plan on simply not using the dungeon finder and running with guildies.
Reply Quote
You say "it's not my fault, you did <stupid thing>". If they don't listen, chances are they'll boot you, and you just gotta know that it wasn't your fault. Chances are, the dps will agree with you too.

I was doing a normal Ramps on my level 60 dwarf mage the other day, and the DK tank was beyond awful. He was in Frost Presence and Frost spec. Before he pulled, I said "Hey, Blood is the tanking tree/presence, you need to change it". He ignored me, did the first pull and took heavy damage. The healer said "Please, you have to be in Frost spec". He ignored us again, pull a huge group and instantly died. At that point, he said "Nice heals, @!@", and that's when I blew up. This poor healer's trying to keep everyone up when this incompetent tank doesn't listen to us and endangers the whole group. I called out the tank, said he was the worst tank I've ever seen, called him a moron, protected the healer, and left.

There's nothing you can do with morons like that except move on and find someone who's not mentally deficient.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/06/2010 1:20 PMPosted by Melany
...their own stupidity?

I got a tank named Marvel (or some other random letters that looked like it, I think he had a ' in his name) on Blackrock in a random.

The guy blew. He was in bearform (druid tank) and couldn't keep aggro on _anything_. I was healing everyone in the group massively. He caused a wipe on Bjorn - the first boss in Halls of Lightning (c'mon, I'm well geared enough, this should be stupid easy).

Now, I've healed a lot of groups well - I'm not the best, I assume, but I have raids from other guilds who ask me to come along, so I can't be that bad.

he runs up the stairs after the elementals in the forge go down. I follow. He takes the spawn on the stairs and DOES NOT WAIT for them to die before running off up the stairs, leaving the shaman with all the aggro (I stayed to heal the shammy). I run up the stairs after keeping the shaman alive, and he's pulled half the groups in that top area!

I scramble to keep him and the rest of the group alive now, with _everyone_ having aggro because he can't keep it for anything. Then he pulls the boss WHILE WE'RE STILL FIGHTING.

The boss kills himi because noone could possibly have kept up with that.

He kicks me from the group (I imagine with the help of one of his friends). Says I'm 'the worst healer ever".

Now, I KNOW I'm not terrible. But I really wish there were a way we could report people like this for being the jerks they are. It sucks.

Barring that, what do you do? Can we add them to an ignore list? Is there a way to make sure I NEVER group with this jerk again? :(

if you ignore them you shouldnt be grouped with them again. just get used to the fact that you WILL run into jerks and as$hats. if it bugs you just leave and eat the debuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]