Problem with Paladin AoE DPS

85 Night Elf Warrior
Rotation:

Consecrate, Divine Storm, Judgement, wait 3 seconds, Divine Storm, Judgement, repeat.

Did you see it? Three seconds of nothing to do. The problem with Paladin AoE DPS is that we're stuck with just sitting there waiting on a cooldown while our DPS goes down during that three seconds.

Here's what I'm thinking: Give Divine Storm a greater chance to give us one Holy Power. Make it a separate talent, change the mechanic, I don't really care. My DPS is fine as is but that wait is painful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
3 seconds?

zero haste?
no other fillers?

forgot you had Inquisition?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We're not an aoe class anymore. The sooner you accept that, the happier you will be.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
paladin aoe?
what is this you speak of?
(and you forgot holy wrath not that it does crap anymore)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
That's exactly my point. Blizzard has basically changed them to strictly boss-DPS/Tank. It really isn't fair that our DPS is #!@% during trash mobs and a lot of our stronger abilities are only very powerful against Undead and Demons.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 5:07 PMPosted by Gullwings
That's exactly my point. Blizzard has basically changed them to strictly boss-DPS/Tank. It really isn't fair that our DPS is #!@% during trash mobs and a lot of our stronger abilities are only very powerful against Undead and Demons.

Why does it matter? Blizz is doing away with the "Lets just AoE everything down" idea.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
/facepalm i'm to sleepy to deal with stupid right now. I'm napping until cata comes out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would you buff me? I'd buff me, I'd buff me so hard.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
IDC if it can hit everything that exists now if it litrally only hits (this was taken off of an icc run on fri) 400each and a mob of 6
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 6:03 PMPosted by Kabloosh
This is the extent of my aoe dps.

HoW > Exo > TV > CS > Judge > HW

Yeah thats right. There is no aoe rotation. Ill replace CS with DS if there is 7+ mobs otherwise I just stick to this.

This is actually a pretty accurate post.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]