Nightfall-Shadow Trance into Soul Fire?

85 Human Warlock
Thanks for giving Affliction locks another thing to keep track of. I was hoping for just Immolate, but Ruin 2.0 is fine.

But we only have 3 soul shards.

Any chance Nightfall can give a 2/4% chance to make the next shadow bolt OR soul fire instant cast?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
12/05/2010 12:27 PMPosted by Vogie
Thanks for giving Affliction locks another thing to keep track of. I was hoping for just Immolate, but Ruin 2.0 is fine.

Any chance Nightfall can give a 2/4% chance to make the next shadow bolt OR soul fire instant cast?
It's not fine. And this isn't ruin. It isn't even close. It's an uncoordinated mechanic that needs to be changed.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It would be nice if they killed it and gave destruction some actual flavor / utility talents in the first two tiers. I look at other classes, and then at destruction, and just think "what happened?"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Personally, I'd love for Nightfall to read as follows:

"Gives your corruption and drain life ticks a 2/4% to proc shadow trance, making your next shadow bolt or soul fire instant. In addition, your soul fire now deals shadowflame damage."
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

I guess that makes Demonology SoL
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's much much worse then Ruin ever was. Ruin was just a talent freedom constrictor. This is an even BIGGER talent point constrictor on top of a clunky horrible mechanic that adds yet another layer of ramp up to specs that already have far too many ramp up mechanics, that also plays havoc on long term scaling. ISF is such an ill-thought monstrosity that Bliz realy needs to feel shame for commiting such poor game design.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

No.... just no.... this whole mechanic change is absolutely asinine and needs to be completely removed. I swear that monkey's have been put in change of this classes mechanics. Whatever the poo they fling looks like acts a a Rorschach to determine our play style while the devs interpret it under the effects of raw wood grain alcohol.
Edited by Cryptwind on 12/6/2010 12:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]